Your Better Half!

nov316

Does your better half buy stuff you collect. Do they go hunting for stuff you collect.

My wife of 3 years does, I collect comics and am a HUGE Punisher fan. This past week she bought me a Amazing Spider-man 129. The first apperance of the Punisher. Her family lives in South Carolina(we live in California). While visiting her sick mother she was shopping at Walmart. She called me to see if I needed any Joes. Every time we have SoCal Dreaknoks meeting at my house, she cooks and stuff for us.

I was just wondering if anyone else is got a cool wife, husband, girlfriend, or boyfriend that does cool stuff for your collecting habit??

She puts up with it as long as I keep my e'bayin' in check. Plus she thinks it's cute, and they look less cluttered than my transformers. She thinks I buy our son too many toys, but as long as he doesn't act spoiled then I can get him the new stuff and collect RAH and Gen.1!! Basically as long as she doesn't mind then I'm on cloud nine!! My friends used to think it was dorky but as they see my collection become large they respect it. Just show doubters the ebay scalpin' prices and then you'll speak their language....money(not that5 I'd sell mine but they think the money they're worth is amazing!!)

I'm spoiled really. I mean, my wife doesn't really collect anything, so she doesn't totally understand it, but she does understand what it means to me and why I do it. She'll even feel sorry for me every now and then and get me stuff I wouldn't normally get. Like if there's a rare set that I've looked absolutely everywhere for, but I'm flat broke, she'll sometimes give in and get it for me anyway. Most of the time she doesn't though if she's out by herself 'cause she doesn't know which ones I have and which ones I don't have. I'm slowly teaching her to look for anything that has "Viper" in the name. (lol) She can get me as many of those as she can find if she wants in that case. (lol)

I've mentioned this before, but as a kid in elementary school she would play with the boys that would play G.I. Joe on the playground, and she would always pretend she was Scarlett. So she knows a few of the main characters, and that's cool. (I know...I could say, "But honey; I just gotta have the new wave 'cause it reminds me of cute little 'ol you playing on that playground, and I can just imagine how adorable my little sweetheart was." And she'll say, "Aww...how sweet! No, you ain't gettin' 'em.") (lol)

Whoa...you guys sure are lucky dudes! My last gf TOTALLY HATED my collecting! Once she event told me to "Grow up"! A weird thing to say to a man as large as myself! (I'm 6' and weigh about 300lbs - and yes cheeseburgers and lonliness ARE as dangerous mix)

Anyways...any of your gf/wives have sisters that are single, willing to move to Canada...and...uh...also Like cheeseburgers?!?!?! :D

My g/f is very supportive and buys me Joe's whenver possible and always looks for me she is even more pick on the figures than I am, but thats good for me. But, there are times she feels it is annoying and complains about it so I get the good and the bad

But, there are times she feels it is annoying and complains about it so I get the good and the bad[/b]

Same here, goes with the territory....but with a gf, wifey any hobby such as golf or watchin' football or workin' too much or just plain chillin' can be hazardous to your relationship, so just take it in stride, my fellow Joephers

my gf is supportive of my hobby, she even helped me get some TF's..she can't really say much b/c she collects My Little Pony and is always saying she wants more pets (she has a cat, two birds, and a fish, and she eventually wants a rat, a lizard, a snake, etc.)

My wants for nothing. So far she is gotten 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs( 1passed on) and we were a foster home for another dog.

She also collects Betty Page art. It really helps that my only 2 vices (vices that cost money) are comics and GI Joe.

So far I think we are pretty damn lucky to have people who support our crazy habits.

Mine is cool with it and buys me stuff all the time and ditto for me, as she is a huge Star Wars and Batman fan so I buy for her all the time too. One of our fav things is to go toy hunting all day back home.

Draven #US1#

A little advice for those who are considering getting married: separate checking accounts.

I suggested this to my wife when we got married, basically because I collect stuff, and she collects absolutely nothing. It's worked out very well. Actually, I came up with this idea from reading forums just like TNI. I didn't want to be one of those guys who had to scrounge and sneak and beg for every toy they picked up in fear of the wife getting mad. Our hobby and marriage doesn't often work, as far as I can tell. Plus if we didn't do it this way, I think I'd start to feel bad whenever I bought something, and that would basically ruin the hobby for me.

My wife is totally cool with my collecting, though she gets a kind of frightened look on her face whenever she sees me add another vehicle to the small army that's slowly ammassing in the corner of our bedroom. But that's okay. It's part of my plan for global domination. Anyway, she saves, and I spend. She gets out of buying me stuff (and tell me if you've heard this one) with this excuse:

"But you've got everything," she says. "I wouldn't know what to get you."

"It's okay if you buy me something I already have, darling. As long as it says Cobra troop builder on the package."

*snicker*

My girl loves my collection especialy the new figures. I caught her watching the GI JOE movie one time when I came home from work. She's even gone as far as learning a lot of their names. Whenever she's out inWalmart, she gives me a call to ask if I have certain figure. She collects the new "my scene" Barbies and I do the same for her, except watching her dvds. : P

A little advice for those who are considering getting married: separate checking accounts.

I suggested this to my wife when we got married, basically because I collect stuff, and she collects absolutely nothing. It's worked out very well. Actually, I came up with this idea from reading forums just like TNI. I didn't want to be one of those guys who had to scrounge and sneak and beg for every toy they picked up in fear of the wife getting mad. Our hobby and marriage doesn't often work, as far as I can tell. Plus if we didn't do it this way, I think I'd start to feel bad whenever I bought something, and that would basically ruin the hobby for me.

My wife is totally cool with my collecting, though she gets a kind of frightened look on her face whenever she sees me add another vehicle to the small army that's slowly ammassing in the corner of our bedroom. But that's okay. It's part of my plan for global domination. Anyway, she saves, and I spend. She gets out of buying me stuff (and tell me if you've heard this one) with this excuse:

"But you've got everything," she says. "I wouldn't know what to get you."

"It's okay if you buy me something I already have, darling. As long as it says Cobra troop builder on the package."

*snicker*

You are speaking gospel there my friend, the first thing I told the gf when she started hinting around about marriage is that we would have SEPARATE checking accounts. I think that cuts out ALOT of unnecessary drama. My gf supported the collecting in the beginning, but I think she just tolerates it more than anything

My wife is very cool about my collection. I went away snowmobiling with my brother this weekend and when I got home Sunday there was a bag of Joe stuff waiting for me. She will even call me when she is shopping and see if I need any joes. I am very luck. The only bad thing is we just bought a house and it has a finished basement. I though I was going to get the whole basement, I got the furnace room aera for my joes, but its my area and I do what I want to and she says nothing about it.

General

My GF is a Barbie collector and well thats kinda how we met, a common interest. She is totally supportive because she collects as well. We also cosign our own BS about justifying buying something. When we go to malls All I say is let me see KB and EB and were all good. Bout the only thing she reminds me about my collection is when I tell here I got a new joe she says "was it a Crystal Ball" I told here how lame the guy was. In college I had my collection out in sight was never a problem for me.

Kill

My wife is supportive of my collection, but she really has no idea what I'm looking for in a way that she could help me out.

She is a toy collector too. She collects both vintage and modern Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, and whatever else catches her eye. In fact, I just put another wall of shelving for her collection in the guest bedroom a couple of weeks ago.

I'm VERY lucky. First off my gf thinks its cool. We are about to get our own apt. and she said I can decorate the bedroom completly with my toys!!! The rest of the place is hers to do with. Though I will have some stuff laying around I'm sure.

Also Since I work at a Theme Park I meet ALL kinds of HOT girls that dig this kind of stuff. So when I date its not an issue. Alot of em undertsand cause they collect stuff too. AND they are hot!

I'm VERY lucky. First off my gf thinks its cool. We are about to get our own apt. and she said I can decorate the bedroom completly with my toys!!! The rest of the place is hers to do with. Though I will have some stuff laying around I'm sure.

Also Since I work at a Theme Park I meet ALL kinds of HOT girls that dig this kind of stuff. So when I date its not an issue. Alot of em undertsand cause they collect stuff too. AND they are hot!

Where are you again? @loll@