If Ya Hate Him, Then Where Is He?

Ren

If collectors hate the new storm shadow so much....how come they can't keep 'em on the shelves? I got mine on the first day and luv 'em...and I haven't seen any on TRU WAL TAR KMAR aisles since

I actually found myself hiding a VvsV Snake-Eyes vs. Storm Shadow set at K-Mart the other night on the top shelf since it was only the third or fourth set I've actually seen (That, and I'm currently broke and couldn't afford it-I stoop so low when I'm broke...) (lol), and that's counting the set I ALREADY have. I mainly wanted another set so I could adorn my pc desk with yet another Snake-Eyes figure, and also I have a customizing idea that involves the SS head. (And it's NOT a custom Storm Shadow BTW...)

And you know what? This may be off topic, but the new VvsV Snake-Eyes is slowly becoming my favorite version of all time. His proportions are perfect, his outfit is very stylized and streamlined, he has great accessories, and I even like his colors. I wouldn't mind a jet-black variant, but this figure is dead-on IMO.

yea the SE is unbelievably awesome. I find myself attempting to perfect the perfect pose for him....I don't think I'll ever find it they're all friggin' awesome!! But even as I have se shooting point blank at ss, ss is posed right out the blister lookin like he's calmy holding his ground against a barrage of bullets.

best VvV or jvc 2pack ever!!

I think the look of SS is totally awesome, but I just can't stand the limited posability. The whole cool thing about the Joes is all the great action poses they can be put into. SS doesn't have that. That's why I haven't bought him, why I'm not going to buy him and why I'm not going to buy any future Joes that don't have round shoulder joints or O-rings. Here's hoping Hasbro does a fully posable version of SS with the same costume designn.

I think the actual design of the figure was great. I didn't even mind that he was AA; after all some of the Ninja Force figures whom all had AA were playable. But the fact they destroyed so much of the figure (T crotch, right shoulder, loose elbow joint) for the AA really killed any liking I once had.

Now, because of limited shelf space mostly, he's doomed to a drawer. Although, it is most likely he will never see the light of day again.

Ditto for me on getting the pack mainly for the Snake Eyes figure. I don't care for the Storm Shadow at all, with or even without the AA crap. I'm not much into Arabian Ninjas! :rolleyes:

I agree man; even SS's AA doesn't detract from the overall look of the figure. And I was noticing the package the other night, and it's really nice when you notice the colors, lettering, and the graphics. The green star behind the Joe figure and the Cobra symbol behind the Cobra figure looks cool, and I don't know that I've ever noticed it before the other night. It makes me think of the cool blue-ish-looking opening and closing graphics of the initial GvsC ads on tv. Just a real slick set IMO, with a cool-looking package, complete with the classic-esque Joe logo. Sweet. And I'd really like to have a MOMC set I can display. If I didn't collect anything Joe, my walls would be adorned with Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow sets everywhere. That's how much of a SE/SS fanboy I am. (lol)

Ditto for me on getting the pack mainly for the Snake Eyes figure.

Same here man, I think that is the main reason why they are so hard to find.

Ditto for me on getting the pack mainly for the Snake Eyes figure. I don't care for the Storm Shadow at all, with or even without the AA crap. I'm not much into Arabian Ninjas! :rolleyes:

Yeah me too man......I never liked the VvV stormy design....and the AA doesn't help at all. I hope we get a traditional Storm Shadow down the line. I still have my wave 1 stormy up just cause he's more updated....I think he's the only JvC wave 1 figure still in my display??

Anyway my AA storm shadow is on my porch in the junk toy bin....the one that has a bunch of generic old toys for your annoying little cousin to play with. I actually tossed him in there after I opened up the pack.....I dispise AA and that storm shadow @firedevil@

okay okay... i bought the pack, snake eyes is currently still used in his wave 3 suit while the wave 9 is his more 'relaxed' costume around the mcc, stormshadow on the other hand hes more relaxed in a drawer with all my other useless joes (dogfight, wave 1 heavy duty). i still use my RAH v.1 SS to kick snake eyes' @$$ all over the place.

Ditto for me on getting the pack mainly for the Snake Eyes figure.  I don't care for the Storm Shadow at all, with or even without the AA crap.  I'm not much into Arabian Ninjas!  :rolleyes:

Yeah me too man......I never liked the VvV stormy design....and the AA doesn't help at all. I hope we get a traditional Storm Shadow down the line. I still have my wave 1 stormy up just cause he's more updated....I think he's the only JvC wave 1 figure still in my display??

Anyway my AA storm shadow is on my porch in the junk toy bin....the one that has a bunch of generic old toys for your annoying little cousin to play with. I actually tossed him in there after I opened up the pack.....I dispise AA and that storm shadow @firedevil@

I'm going to have to agree with both you. The Stormie just stucks period in my opinion. The Snake Eyes is rocking and also rapidly becoming one of my favs and my fav SE since RAH v2.

Draven #US1#

I'm not a huge fan of this Stormie either. I personally like V2 myself (probably because both of my V1s are yellowed, scratched, scuffed and in general disrepair).

As far as peg warmers go, VvV is currently warming pegs at every store in my area--even Walmart, who I guess never really dropped 3 3/4" Joe after all. Yeah, big surprise, I know. Here, I was one of the last to find VvV, and now, I'm tired of seeing them. Still looking forward to that Cobra Infantry sixer though....

Probably see that in a month and then get tired of seeing it within two weeks. Such is life: a constant revolution of want and disinterest. @hmmm@