I Thought I Had It And Then ...........

CaptainGridIron

Wow, I had a bid on an auction for a MOC 1982 Snake Eyes, and then 2 days before the auction ended she cancelled my high bid and now relisted.

Check out the links below.

Then her reponse via email was,"the item was listed incorrectly... i am kinda new at this and had been told by several people that i had some incorrect info...which is the reason i stated in the "end the auction anouncement".... sorry for your disappointment,....thanks and have a great day!!--karen"

Cancelled Auction

New Auction with reserve

Have a nice day? New at this? No. She has 34 Feedbacks from buyers in which she sold to.

Sorry guys I just needed to vent!

Sorry to hear about that....The same thing happened to me when I tried to get a MOC Spirit a while bakc and the auction ended early. Hopefully, she didn't set the reserve too high but I'll bet she did if she got a hold of a toy mag

yeah that does suck :(, but on the one before it was relisted it seems as if she forgot to include the 2 stains on the front and veins on teh back, but she reincluded that in the relisted auction

Thanks guys for your support. I know when I sell on ebay, if I need to add anything to my listings I just edit the info even after there are bids. Not ending the whole thing. I just can't take anything out from the original listing.

yeah that does suck :(, but on the one before it was relisted it seems as if she forgot to include the 2 stains on the front and veins on teh back, but she reincluded that in the relisted auction

Thanks guys for your support. I know when I sell on ebay, if I need to add anything to my listings I just edit the info even after there are bids. Not ending the whole thing. I just can't take anything out from the original listing.

ahhh i misunderstood, sorry man, yeah i know she just could've added that info about it, but maybe she didnt know how? or something, but yeah she didnt have to end the whole thing :(

Seriously, if there were 2 days left to bid...you were very far from "having" this item.

I watch tons of Joe items on ebay, and up until the last 5 or so hours, most of them look really cheap. Then the bids start. When you get into the last 30 minutes or so, prices can increase up to 300-500% of what they were. 2 days is a long ways away from owning something on ebay. @wink@

Seriously, if there were 2 days left to bid...you were very far from "having" this item.

I watch tons of Joe items on ebay, and up until the last 5 or so hours, most of them look really cheap.  Then the bids start.  When you get into the last 30 minutes or so, prices can increase up to 300-500% of what they were.  2 days is a long ways away from owning something on ebay. @wink@

I never said I had this item, I said, I "thought I had." Anyway, trust me I know that the end of an auction is when most serious bidders bid.

I may not have a lot of posts on this board but that does not make me a newbie when it comes to ebay or GI Joe.. Thanks.

She's not new at that or anything,she's a liar.

She just by then found out what it was,THAT'S why it was relisted.She probably skimmed eBay and found out that a '82 Snake Eyes was WORTH a lot of money on eBay.Note the difference in the titles...one has no mention of the figure and such...the next one does.Basically she found out what it was and you should call her out on that...I know I probably would.

But in all fairness to her,she just wants more money for something that would attract more and higher bids.She also seems to have a reserve there on it too...if you had gotten that around $4.99 or whatever,it would've been one of the greatest Joe steals of the year on eBay.

She's not new at that or anything,she's a liar.

She just by then found out what it was,THAT'S why it was relisted.She probably skimmed eBay and found out that a '82 Snake Eyes was WORTH a lot of money on eBay.Note the difference in the titles...one has no mention of the figure and such...the next one does.Basically she found out what it was and you should call her out on that...I know I probably would.

But in all fairness to her,she just wants more money for something that would attract more and higher bids.She also seems to have a reserve there on it too...if you had gotten that around $4.99 or whatever,it would've been one of the greatest Joe steals of the year on eBay.

Yeah! That is exactly how I feel, Cobra Commander.

I watch tons of Joe items on ebay, and up until the last 5 or so hours, most of them look really cheap.  Then the bids start.  When you get into the last 30 minutes or so, prices can increase up to 300-500% of what they were.  2 days is a long ways away from owning something on ebay. @wink@

I never said I had this item, I said, I "thought I had." Anyway, trust me I know that the end of an auction is when most serious bidders bid.

I may not have a lot of posts on this board but that does not make me a newbie when it comes to ebay or GI Joe.. Thanks.

Dude...did I say that you were a "newbie?" If the tone of my post implied that, then I am sorry.

But to be realistic, that figure would've went for much higher than what you probably bid on it. Even if it wasn't listed properly, there are tons of people that skim the "going, going, gone" section on a regular basis. Many people would've noticed it, and even if it hadn't went as high as a properly listed figure, I guarantee it would've went for somewhere between the $50-$150 range.

I agree DJ - that's why I would use a snipe program and set my bids for the end of the auction as opposed to bidding any earlier to keep the prices down.

With Spirit, he was at like $130 with like 5 hours left and then with about 45 minutes, left, people started to bid. I was thankful I bid a really high bid at the end to get him, but man it took work. That's why I like Buy-It-Now :)

I agree DJ - that's why I would use a snipe program and set my bids for the end of the auction as opposed to bidding any earlier to keep the prices down.

With Spirit, he was at like $130 with like 5 hours left and then with about 45 minutes, left, people started to bid. I was thankful I bid a really high bid at the end to get him, but man it took work. That's why I like Buy-It-Now :)

what do you mean "snipe", Grimlock, are you talkin' bout reserve bidding?

Check out her old/cancelled auction...

She didn't have the right title and didn't have a proper description...

Of course anyone in their right mind would have pulled it to redo the auction...

Check out her old/cancelled auction...

She didn't have the right title and didn't have a proper description...

Of course anyone in their right mind would have pulled it to redo the auction...

I didn't see that OS - If I were the seller, I would have done the same thing although as a buyer, I would have hoped that she wouldn't have a clue how much a Snake-Eyes would have netted

Dude...did I say that you were a "newbie?" If the tone of my post implied that, then I am sorry.

But to be realistic, that figure would've went for much higher than what you probably bid on it. Even if it wasn't listed properly, there are tons of people that skim the "going, going, gone" section on a regular basis. Many people would've noticed it, and even if it hadn't went as high as a properly listed figure, I guarantee it would've went for somewhere between the $50-$150 range.

No Problem DarthJoe. I was just venting. I know that figure could easily go for double that price!