Hasbro Says: "energon Shockblast Is A $22 Tf Toy.

EnergonMegatron

We've all seen/heard/read about the Toyfare issue #80 cover.

Toyfare #80 had 3 figures on the cover. The three figures were Cobra Commander, He-man & something that resembled G-1 Shockwave. All 3 figures were 2004 up-dated forms.

Once again I called Hasbro's 1-800-255-5516 consumer affair number.

I asked the woman a few questions regarding Energon figures.

Here are my questions:

(1) Is there a listing for Energon Shockwave? if yes what price/size is he?

The hasbro woman replied: " NO,Energon Shockwave." the woman then said :

"We have a listing for a Energon Shockblast." he's a $22 priced toy."

the toy is due out later in the 2004 year.

(2) Is there a listing for Energon Sixshot? The Hasbro woman replied: " Nothing under that name is in our system.

(3) Is there a listing for anything in Energon or Transformers for "Military?"

The woman replied: " Nothings in our system under that name."

IMO,My guess is "Military" is a sub-category name for the Wal-mart exclusive repaint of G-1 Combiner Bruticus in those tiger colors.

As for Sixshot,In confused on this one. perhaps it's a TFU Repaint of RID Gigatron. If Hasbro were to made a New mold for Energon Sixshot that would be freaking beyond cool.

If anyone wants to call Hasbro & VERIFY these questions. please feel free to do so. Also feel free to call Hasbro with your unique TF related questions. 1-800-255-5516

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's probably why Hasbro called the Armada dark fleet "Tidalwave"

While Takara called the Micron-Dentsu dark fleet "Shockwave."

Hasbro must have lost the rights to the Shockwave name years ago.

Patent laws are different in Japan compared to America.

My guess is Hasbro originally wanted to call Armada Tidalwave the name Shockwave. The name could'nt because used be of patent rights. So Takara used the name Shockwave instead for the Micron-Dentsu version.

I really didn't pay attention to Armada, but is there a character named Shockblast? I ask, because Hasbro clearly has a habit of reusing names over and over again (Depth Charge, Razorclaw and others has been jumping around the different toy offices for years now) most likely to keep them from expiring and having to pay to have them trademarked all over again.

If not, and Shockblast is an entirely new name, I don't see why "Commander Shockwave" or "Evil Shockwave" was so troubling.

Tom

Would have edited this into the post above but this needs to be bumped,

THIS IS ALL BUNK!

Allspark Owner Kaildor and Mod Wheelimus both called up the same number got nothing! Transfandom also confirmed it:

Bogus

I just got off the phone with Hasbro Customer Service, and they have nothing in their computer for either "Shockblast" or "Shockwave" and nothing even beginning with "Shock"

which is not surprising, since these folks are normally last to know

So that's that...it's bogus

I think someone likes the word Blast, first we see on techspechs from Firepower to Fireblast, then Skyfire and now Skyblast, and even worse Shockwave to Shockblast, man my guess of changing the spelling to Shocwave looks like gold now. But still Rodimus major is the worst.

I think someone likes the word Blast, first we see on techspechs from Firepower to Fireblast, then Skyfire and now Skyblast, and even worse Shockwave to Shockblast, man my guess of changing the spelling to Shocwave looks like gold now. But still Rodimus major is the worst.

This "story" is bogus. There is no "Shockblast" in Hasbro's computers as Allspark.com and Transfandom.com have both called in and got nothing.

I just emailed Hasbro about this. Hopefully i'll get an answer.

Maybe they could use Shock Wave (with a space between), or to get a little insane, how about Sh0ckwave, SHOCK\/\/AVE, etc..... Or does it have to be something that also sounds different when spoken?

I always pictured Shockwave as being a robotic 70 year old english butler for a posh american family. Maybe they could call him "hey you" or "service please" @lol@

Geez guys I wasn't lying.

A Hasbro woman did tell me the following: " We have a Energon Shockblast that is $22.

The Hasbro consumer woman couldn't find the name Energon Shockwave. She found Shockblast instead.

When calling the Hasbro 1-800-255-5516 number you got to do the following procedure:

(1) Hello,can you please give me the price & size of a certain Energon figure?

(2)You can't just tell them to search the Transformer listings. you've got to be specific & tell them ENERGON.

(3) Ask them the price of a Energon figure named Shockblast.

Geez I was right on the size levels+prices of Cliffjumper,downshift & Tow-line.

Behold-Galvatron, How many times must you reply & say this is bogus/fake news.

To all those who doubt me. you'll see a toy named Shockblast later this year.

Hasbro can't use the Name Shockwave anymore. they lost the patents to that name years ago. Hasbro had to re-name a G.I Joe character something else because the name Shockwave is being used by another company. I suspect this is why we got Armada Tidalwave instead of Armada Shockwave.

Obviously the Energon figures not gonna be named Shockwave.

Shockblast was the name Hasbro chose.