What Was Your Favorite Book As A Child?

Ugly Bulldog

I had to write a paper on this in a class. Thought it might make a good topic here.

My favorite book as a child was the Goosebumps series. I think they were written by R.L. Stein or something like that. I can't remember any of the stories, but I would constantly read them. Must have had like 20 of the books. I have never liked horror/suspense movies, but for some reason, I just loved these books. I can't believe how much I read books thanks to Goosebumps.

Honorable mention goes to Wayside School, although I don't think anyone knows of those books nowadays.

I used to like the Clifford books when I was really young. I remember reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe after I saw the movie. I liked that, too.

For me it was the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. Man, was that great stuff. I got the set a few years back, and those stories and the art still hold up today.

I also dug a book called Witches, Pumpkins and Grinning Ghosts.

Man, you can tell I dig Halloween.

When I was really young, even before I could read anything maybe at 2 years old I looked at a lot of Sesame Street books. My parents ordered a whole big set of them through a magazine.

I read various books, I never stuck to one series except Richard Scary's books, my favourite was Mr.Paint Pig.

There was also another book, but I can't quite remember the name something like Sleeping Dragons, where the girls house is full of dragons and she is trying to sneak past them to get a piece of cake or something.

Where the Wild Things Are

Yo.

Also, Paper Bag Princess and the Clifford books (my middle name is Clifford).

When I started reading real books I liked the My Teacher is an Alien series, the Wayside School series and The Hobbit.

And for some reason that completely eludes me now, I liked Garfield.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I liked books by roald dahl and dick king smith when i was a child. Quite looking forward to reading them to my children.

I liked the "Three Investigators" series by Alfred Hitchcock and other writers. They were really great, but now I can never find copies of them.....

Curious George, Bernstein Bears. When I got older my fav books were The outsiders, and Anne Rice books.

We sell the Goosebump Series at Waldenbooks.

Encyclopedia Brown. I wonder how many here have heard of this series?

raises hand :)

I remember those; I think I got them through a book club.

Moost of the books I remember reading as a kid seemed to have a Hollywood connection...

The Black Stallion

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Ms. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH

The Outsiders

the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

and of course

Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

What was the Encyclopedia Brown?

It sounds so familiar but I can't think of what it is, I know I know it.

What was the Encyclopedia Brown?

It sounds so familiar but I can't think of what it is, I know I know it.

It's a series of short detective stories with a young detective; the main characters are Encyclopedia Brown, Sally, and their nemesis, Bugs Meany. You can find more information here:

http://www.thrillingdetective.com/eyes/enc...cyclopedia.html

http://www.bookloversden.com/series/boys_c...ldren/Ency.html

I remember the Encyclopedia Brown series. Didn't they make a tv show based on those books at one point.

As a kid I used to read alot... I guess that's where I got my foundation with writing and why I like doing so much of it today. I rememeber reading The Berenstein Bears, Curious George and that one book, Goodnight Moon with that cute little rabbit that came with the book. I used to love reading that in second grade...

As I got older I was into The Babysitters Club, Goosebumps, Sweet Valley High ( Bwhaha I laugh at that now ), The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe I read my fifth grade year. The cronicals of narnia or something. I also remember reading that one book, There's a boy in the girl's bathroom and that was in like third grade.

I didn't read much if I didn't have to as I got older though now I think I'll stick with the romance novels that include graphic details of certain accounts. Nothing beats those books.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...