Skywarp Reissue

Will

I received a bootleg Skywarp as a present. The box was a little larger than the Takara reissues, not a big deal. The missiles included were enormous; maybe they intend to make a double size one, that would be interesting. On another note the fists seemed to be made of a cheaper plastic, those will eventually break with repeated transformations. As I was applying the stickers I noticed the instruction sheet had pictures of Thundercracker, did I get the wrong instruction sheet, no it says Skywarp at the top, very cheap way to save money. Also the stickers seem to be slightly larger than the Takaras, whoever was in charge on copying Takaras must have set the scanner to 110%. I just thought I would give you a quick review before someone wastes their money on this. I was told they spent $38 for this. That’s more the my Takara Starscream. Oh, by the way the manufacturer was “Hasbro”.

Oh, by the way the manufacturer was “Hasbro”.

Ouch, that was a little harsh !

Yes, it's true that a lot of people prefer the Takara Reissues over the Hasbro ones, but there are still some who like to pick up Hasbro's. Not everyone has access or trusts people enough to order and import reissues off the internet so the Hasbro reissues are the perfect thing for them.

Personally I am just glad to see our Generation-1 friends on store shelves again. It makes it much easier for me to get my seekers, etc. without having to pay hundreds of dollars on them. The Takara/Hasbro debate will be never ending, there will always be the hardcore Takara supporters and the Hardcore Hasbro supporters. If you prefer Takara's products then by all means go for them, it's whatever satisfies you and make you happy.

For me, I'm content with a mixture of both Hasbro and Takara reissues :)

urge to kill.....rising......

The truth hurts bud doesn't it?

Please don't start another flame war. :(

Some like Hasbro and think they're better, some like Takara and think they are better. It's all in your own preference. No one is wrong in liking either.

Well, i bought some real combiner bootlegs...And believe me Hasbro is not that bad...

Oh god no ! Why ? Why did you have to bring back memories of the oversized KO Six Turbo I bought @cry@

Oh that's not worse than me...It was at the very beginning of my TFs collection, and i was a little lost...I saw the 5 G1 combiners, Devastator, Superion, Menasor, Defensor, etc...All of them for $30...

I bought them, and when i received them, i saw...I was kinda shocked!

This is really #$##...

I gave all that to my nephew...

urge to kill.....rising......

The truth hurts bud doesn't it?

Please don't start another flame war. :(

Some like Hasbro and think they're better, some like Takara and think they are better. It's all in your own preference. No one is wrong in liking either.

Actually I like both Hasbro and Takara products, quite a bit for different reasons.. #US1#

I personally just don't like the mold. :P Anyways, w/out Hasbro, we wouldn't even have TFs here in America, I think, so better them then nothing at all. Hey, if he doesn't like it, too bad. And what's wrong with KO Gestaults other than inferior plastic? I just bought a yellow Devastator KO from Walgreens the other day and it has made a believer out of me. :)

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ Very first post & allready #$## smackn it! & allready being smacked down @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Gota love it @firedevil@ & Oh my yes welcome to the forums :)!

I received a bootleg Skywarp as a present.

Also the stickers seem to be slightly larger than the Takaras, whoever was in charge on copying Takaras must have set the scanner to 110%.

@loll@ @loll@ It's not a bootleg if it's endorsed by Hasbro.

Secondly, are you sure the sticker is not identicle to the Takara one? I don't know, I only have one Hasbro reissue and that's Hot Rod. And based on that one item, I see that Hasbro is using Takara Hot Rod sticker.

I buy the Takara DW style reissues when I can - they're the most accurate to the original G1 toys, plus the boxes look real pretty lined up on my shelf - and the inserts are a nice bonus (all nicely stored in my Optimus Prime #0 binder!). Since TRU jacked up the price of the reissues to the $30 range - that makes buying the Takara reissues a no brainer for me.

I will buy Hasbro's reissues too if it's not in the DW line...hence I have Hoist, Red Alert, Bluestreak, Thundercracker, Skywarp, etc since I will not pay insane prices to get their Japanese convention releases. I really hope if/when Takara does some of the Hasbro releases they make them different - like what they did with Starscream #9 (making him anime accurate). Would love a light blue Thundercracker!

I'm neither a die-hard Hasbro or Takara fan....if I deem it's nicer and I want to spend the extra $$ I will get Takara.....but usually I go for Hasbro....cheaper, quicker, etc. Sadly this is also why I am spending lots of cash on both Binaltech and Alternator TFs.

And for all the Hasbro-bashers out there.......just think.....it could be worse. At least MATTEL is not handling the US Transformer toy line! Look at how the poor Masters of the Universe and Batman/JLA fans are being SCREWED by Mattel. For all their faults, Hasbro is doing a decent job, considering they hold 3 enormously popular toy lines (TF, SW, Joe).

Bah, that japanese stuff is all garbage.. I bought takara re-issue starscream. and his arms dangle around like dead puppies.

HEIL HASBRO!!!!!!!

jeez are they all like that? i just thought it was unique to my black starscream, I had to take him apart to fix the joints just so he could be a decent display piece,

now if only hasbro could release original size missles and firing missle launchers on all the re-issues...

jeez are they all like that? i just thought it was unique to my black starscream, I had to take him apart to fix the joints just so he could be a decent display piece,

@loll@ @loll@ No it only happen to the first reissue Starscream. Skywarp and Thundercracker are tight with their joints at least on my set.

Moreover, Anime Starscream (DW box version) has a better joint connection than any seekers from shoulder to fist to wing.