What's The Best Joe Deal You Ever Got ??

Ren

Let's see...the best deal I got besides being a kid and the folks pickin'up the tab was when I got a V1 Moc Storm Shadow with a clear bubble and flat card $20@a local antique store!! And the kicker...he had a moc on card toxo-viper that he was actually trying to sell for 25!! I have to say it was a good day, Ice Cube. And just last weel I got a moc unpunched Chuckles of Ebay for 15 bucks shipped priority in a starcase!!

Super Fantabulilistic bestest joe dilliosos!!

I think the best deals I ever got were purchasing RAH figures for 3 bucks each when I was little!

other than that.. I think when I got the General vehicle, mint and complete, for 35 bucks was pretty good.

I also got the Mamba for like 12 bucks

I think the best deals I ever got were purchasing RAH figures for 3 bucks each when I was little!

That's the best deal of all time - too bad that was like 22 years ago @smilepunch@

Anyhow, the best deal so far that I got on a Joe figure was paying $61 for a MOC Quick Kick V.1 on a nice UC card

One of the best deals I ever got was going to a garage sale and there was this sweet old lady selling off her sons old toys...

Well inside the pile of toys... I came across 2, 1984 MIB Zartan with Swamp Skier and I told her that I didn't have that much money and this sweet old lady sold me both for $20.00... Wasn't she just the sweetest thing... @firedevil@

One of the best deals I ever got was going to a garage sale and there was this sweet old lady selling off her sons old toys...

Well inside the pile of toys... I came across 2, 1984 MIB Zartan with Swamp Skier and I told her that I didn't have that much money and this sweet old lady sold me both for $20.00... Wasn't she just the sweetest thing... @firedevil@

what a tender story about how you ripped off a nice old lady.. who probaby can't even afford her medications..

way to go Outsiders.. killing old ladies in return for toys @smilepunch@

^ LOL

I found a MOC beach head at a garage sale last year in a empty box from a skystriker....miraculasly..it was almost shelf perfect..had one small scruff on the bottum edge of the right side...heres the kicker...

20bux...complete skystriker w/ box..and a MOC V1 Beach head!!!!

best deal tho.... Terror drome complete w/ completes firebat and avac

C-9..stored in climate controled enviornment...10$

at the same sale..got a complete rolling thunder for 10$!!!

but that was 4 years ago...garage sale bliss!

Well inside the pile of toys... I came across 2, 1984 MIB Zartan with Swamp Skier and I told her that I didn't have that much money and this sweet old lady sold me both for $20.00...  Wasn't she just the sweetest thing...  @firedevil@

what a tender story about how you ripped off a nice old lady.. who probaby can't even afford her medications..

way to go Outsiders.. killing old ladies in return for toys @smilepunch@

You do what you gotta do for the hunt... I mean hobby...

best deal ever... when i was a kid i missed the v2 snake eyes and i wanted it pretty bad. well back then there was no ebay or internet to help you track down missed toys. So for years (literally) i searched close out stores, flea markets etc. Until one day in college i was telling this story to one of my fraternity brothers. He said, hey man I have that toy, it is at home...want me to bring it to you? I was like hell yeah!

so the next weekend he goes home, and when he returns he brings me not only v2 snake eyes but about 20 other joes from around that time. all of them individually sealed in ziplock bags. Which I didnt mind, considering i am an opener. All of them were in mint condition and full. I was like ok man, how much? he was like, uhhh you buy the beer tonight... DEAL!

man everything i've gotyten on ebay i paid it's worth IMO. even if i won it cheaper than most people were saleing them i still felt i paid there worth.

best deal, is when CLAM gave me 3 televiper/sgt airborne packs for free @lol@

I get stuff for pretty good prices on ebay but the best deal on an expensive figure is probably the 84 Firefly that I got for 15 bucks that was in gem mint condition and complete at wizardworld chicago last year. The guy had a ton of Joes and he even told me when I was buying it from him that it was a deal. (I knew that already) He was a real cool guy....I got a bunch of other complete Joe off him too.

He told me he tries to sell figures for how much they are worth and not rip people off. I saw at least 2 other Fireflys that day going for 50-60 bucks. (My 15 dollar one was better than both of them) Great guy.... #US1#

a few years ago, i traded a complete '88 stormshadow for a black '97 rock n roll. :D

also back in like 2001 or so, i bought up a ton of the arah reissues from a friend who had considered getting back into collecting. he changed his mind and just wanted to get rid of everything he had bought. he kept it all on card and had tons of vehix and two packs....i asked how much, he said $50, i said deal.

flipped everything on ebay and used the profits to buy a nice new pda......

also back in like 2001 or so, i bought up a ton of the arah reissues from a friend who had considered getting back into collecting. he changed his mind and just wanted to get rid of everything he had bought. he kept it all on card and had tons of vehix and two packs....i asked how much, he said $50, i said deal.

flipped everything on ebay and used the profits to buy a nice new pda......

you know.. this story is kinda jacked up man.

it would have been cool if you actually wanted the toys and your "friend" (doing you a favor) sold them to you for cheap.. but then you just made money off of them..

you should have given your "pal" most of the money you made off ebay.

oh yeah.. and a couple more nice deals..

I got a MIB Equalizer for 12 bucks off ebay.. it was so awesome to put this bigass tank together myself..

and I also got a MIB IronGrenadiers APC for 7 bucks.. I love the thing and especially Nullifier

oh yeah.. and a couple more nice deals..

I got a MIB Equalizer for 12 bucks off ebay.. it was so awesome to put this bigass tank together myself..

and I also got a MIB IronGrenadiers APC for 7 bucks.. I love the thing and especially Nullifier

Damn those are some nice deals. Right now I'm looking at a Wolverine w/Cover Girl on Ebay so far the price is really good with a day left

Sheesh...I don't know if I've ever gotten any good deals on vintage Joe stuff. I've found some good TRAHC deals whenever a local K-Mart went out of business; I think I paid like $2.50 each for some Gung-Ho/Leatherneck two-packs. Big woop, huh. (lol)

Oh, and I did get a MOC Freefall last toy show I went to back in May for twelve bucks. Not too shabby, huh.

Geeze, some of you guys have lived out some of my wildest collecting fantasies for real!! (BTW Outsiders, I think I know the answer to this question, but would you ever consider parting with one of those MIB Zartans? Next to a version 2 Snake-Eyes, that's one of my all-time goals in collecting Joes, to get Zartan again.) (I know..but I had to ask...)

I've had many prices offered to me for my toys but sorry to say that I will never part with any of them...

I'll have to sell them though once I die to pay for my own funeral...

Best Deal, this past Sunday at Wal-Mart in Southington CT. Joe vs Cobra two two packs (four Joes) for $2.00. 50 cents per toys is JUST right!. Also found a Cobra Adder for $11.00 in Norwalk Wal-Mart. VERY lucky break for me.

Other than that. I had the Spawn Red Violator, which was worth (?) over $110 at the time. Found a dealer at a comic show who was a Spawn completest, but selling all the RAH Joes MOMC from the editor of Action Figure News and Toy Review (so he said). I traded my Red Violator for a MOC 1983 DUKE and 1984 Spirit! That was great. They are priceless to me, but double to triple what the RV goes for!

The best deal I ever got only happened about six months ago and outshined all previous good deals.

I've never been one to hide my collecting passion from my fellow employees. One day a guy that works for me comes up and tells me that while he was at his Moms house for his birthday that he came across a bunch of Joes and he wanted my help in figuring out what they were worth and what weapons belonged to each character. His plan was to sell them on E-bay. So I was like, sure, I'll be happy to help.

SO he brings in this locked case no day and we sit down in my office with it, he opens it up and inside he had to have had 200 figures (easy) all pre 87' and all bagged.

Over the next couple of days I get the first batch put together and he lists them on E-bay. Lets just say that this was his first time using e-bay and it really rubbed him the wrong way. Since his feedback was practically Zero, no one serious was willing to commit to his auctions. He also had some non-paying bidders. (long story short)

We still had all of the figures, he only listed about ten in the first batch, mostly cobra heirarchy.

So he says, do you want them. (I'm not joking), I think he wanted to give them to me, I told him that I'd pay him and made a list of the figures I wanted and told him to come back with how much he thought would be fair.

$210, what did I get.

Entire original team from the first three years (with almost all weapons)

TONS of Original Cobra troop builders. (People are always talking about some of the older troop builders I have. THis is where I got them) Cobra Soldiers, Snow Serpents, Eels, Vipers, Tele-vipers and Crimson Guards.

In total, about 75 figures. Thats $2.80 each.

Hmmm.

I got a dudes whole collection from like '89 and back for 150. Most of the vehicles were complete too.

Snake Eyes version 2 for like 10. He was complete. Complete '84 Stinger w/ box for like 12.

Bagged unbuilt FANG for 10 bucks off of EBAY. There are more, but I can't really remember right now.