Here's My Holy Grail Of Sw Toys

Mr.Sci-Fi

post-4-1075035959.jpg

These are my HOLLY GRAIL. A full set 12 of MOSC original first release 12 backed Star Wars figures. All are NM 8.5 or higher grade, no yellowing, no bent corners no nothing except for a tiny bit of stress on the cards where the bubbles are attached (something that 99.9% of all of them suffered). Amazing thing is the story of how I got them, 5 years ago I paid $600 for the whole set, a 30year old's grandmom had bought a set and had stored them in the original plain brown grocery bag she got from the store. For 20+ years they sat in the closet all nestled away from the elements until this guy saw an episode of fx talking about sw toys. He called my little collectibles store I had at the time and offered them to me. Cool thing is that some of them have a pricetag on them from a small local toy store that had closed years ago. I remember this store and have very fond memories of shopping in it for toys and models.

What's your Holy Grail of SW toys?

At the moment my holy grail that I have yet to obtain is the red captain clone tropper mini bust from gentle giant studios. I have all the other mini bust except that one...

I really don't nave a holy grail, but I love my vintage Star Wars figures.

I guess if I had to choose two items I'd never sell, they would be the Millenium Falcon and AT-AT. I had the Falcon as a kid but it got sold along with my X-Wing. :(

And I never had an AT-AT until Hasbro brought it out in the modern line.

How much do the big AT-AT walkers go for, I would love to get my hands on one of those, but I don't know where to look.

Congrats on the haul. :)

I don't have anything close to that; but, I have a few things I was lucky to keep in pretty decent shape

-Vintage Blue Snaggletooth: I got the "Creature Cantina" set one Christmas; I had no idea that figure was 'special'. I don't think I even knew about the red one until a few years ago. The silver paint on the boots is a little worn; but, I don't really care. I don't plan on selling it.

-12" IG-88: Another Christmas gift. I had no idea about this one either, until I checked out the price guides. It seems strange that this got made over Lando, Luke or Han.

-Autographs: POTF2 Boba Fett- Jeremy Bullock; POTF2 Darth Vader - Prowse; Tomart Guide - Stteve Sansweet. My first real convention + meeting people involved in SW (even if they weren't actually seen in the films ;) ) = :D

Mine would be the blue panel 12" Hoth Stormtrooper I picked up at a KB Outlet store for $9.99. I was planning on getting the full set of 12" Tusken Raider variations until I saw this and three of his buddies. Still have the one,the other three have since been traded for other items.

Mine would be the blue panel 12" Hoth Stormtrooper I picked up at a KB Outlet store for $9.99.  I was planning on getting the full set of 12" Tusken Raider variations until I saw this and three of his buddies. Still have the one,the other three have since been traded for other items.

I've always looked for one of those.

How much do the big AT-AT walkers go for, I would love to get my hands on one of those, but I don't know where to look.

Well several years ago you could've got one clearenced for $20 at TRU or Kaybee, Now your looking at $100 on ebay, I'd hate to see what brian's has them for sale at.

That is a nice looking set you have there. The thing I want the most is the Death Star. A friend of mine had it when I was younger, and we played with it so much it fell apart.

NICE! That is ultra cool.

I collected the vintage action figures from the original three movies + POTF, but sold it all around 1993 for practically nothing.

I did keep two things though:

sw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...there are so many possible "grails" out there, or things I'd consider the "must-haves".

Any vintage figure still on the card would be cool, but I guess the one thing I'd love to have would be the Micro Collection Millenium Falcon MISB. My brother and I got a few of those sets for Christmas one year, and they just made such an impression on me. Those were some of the coolest collectibles in my mind. And I've always had a soft place in my heart for the Millenium Falcon, Han Solo, and Chewbacca. So yeah, I guess the Micro Falcon would be my "grail", or at least my semi-attainable "grail"...

My two grails would have to be the vintage Remote control Sandcrawler and a full set of Stormtrooper armor. Both of which I acquired last year. Now I feel empty inside... @smilepunch@ Not really. I'm sure somehting will come up that I'll want to have.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could post some pictures, but no luck. Anyway, I can't decide.

I have a complete set of MOMC DROIDS & EWOKS, Lili Ledy Tusken Raider, MOMC Yak Face & Anakin, Complete Set of POTF coins, & walking wind-up R2-D2.