The Crown Jewel Of Your Joe Collection

Prowl

Probably my original chrome-dome Destro. I'm so happy he's stuck it out with me all these years!

He very patiently waited for me to stop collecting Star Wars, lose interest in Transformers, so I could give him a loyal crew of snakes again! Mwahahahaha! @cobracommander@

Well, it could be my set of foreign Tiger Force (Brazil and Europe, minus only Blizzard), my set of Force Fera, my set of Forrca Eco, or my set of Night Force (old & new), or my Gold Steel Brigade...but actually, it's my original Hit & Run. He has always been my favorite, and remains so to this day. The rare stuff is just that, rare. But the figures that you get the most pleasure out of enjoying, are the real treasures (but my '02 Snake Eyes set are running a very close second ;) ).

Fortuneately my crown jewels are the first 3 joes I ever got back in 1985. They are in C1 condition with broken crotches, scratched/faded paint, and loose limbs, but they still have their thumbs! Dusty (my first) & Shipwreck (second) are still intact, but I only have the head/arms of Bazooka (my third ever joe).

They're absolute garbage to anyone else, but they've been with me for nearly 20 years! I keep them all together in a zip-lock bag and probably would never trade them in a million years.

I also have a Tele-Viper my dad bought for me when he went away on a business trip back in 86 I think, only missing his waist piece, that too is kept with the other relics. I don't know why, it wasn't my first cobra or anything, but I have fond memories of it.

My Mickey Mouse CC. I'm the original owner and the figure bears the scars of many a battle. He's beat all to hell. Loose joints. Scuffed. Both thumbs broken. Even has a spot of off color paint where I tried to touch up his left boot. He's probably not worth much to anybody--especially in the condition that he's in--but to me he's priceless, regardless of his rare figure status.

Jeez, now that I think about it, CC got a good ass kicking whenever I played with my Joes, which was about every day for a good ten years or so. Of course he always managed to escape. #US1#

My C-10 Storm Shadow v1...super bright white and no paint wear.

:o oh my god...you saying that makes me want to cry..i had him when i was young,perfect condition,but i thought nothing of it when i attatched him to 2 fire crackers.....and....took a lighter.....and.......his body parts are still scatterd everywhere! oh my god i need a hug!

i was stupid when i was young..

anyway,i have 3 crown jewels,

1:u.s.s flagg

2:my lovely crimson vipers

3:my original mcc

I love my Defiant, but the three things I really dig:

The cardback and bubble from V1 Storm Shadow - perfect shape, but alas no figure! I just love that card art...

MOC recalled '92 Roadblock - I bought this originally, and almost opened it a bunch of times before I realized how rare it is...

And most of all, my USS Flagg - not just because how cool it is, but because when I got it in '85, my parents were really struggling financially, and my Dad put it on layaway at K-mart and put $5 a week on it for months just so I could have it for Christmas...I didn't know that until much later, and it just amazed me with all the money troubles they were having, my parents would spend so much on a toy...but they didn't want to make me feel any different than the other kids who were getting expensive gifts for Xmas...for that reason, I will never ever sell it!

Wow, Superfly, that's a great story. its amazing what parents will do for thier kids. You are very lucky.

Anyway, for me it would probably be:

1) My complete set of 1985 Joes. I even have the cardbacks for Shipwreck, Crimson Guard, Airthight, Barbeque, and Quick Kick.

2) The Rolling Thunder. Probably the juggernaut of a land vehicle ever created. (Not counting the HQs or other playsets.)

3) My 1990 Avalanche. This thing amazingly survived up in the rafters for more than 10 years before I started collecting again. Only missing three missiles, and the body is still a nice clean white.

My 1964 GIJOE

COBRA Moray Hydrofoil

GIJOE Killer W.H.A.L.E. Hovercraft

GIJOE XPF-14 Skystriker Interceptor

GIJOE Headquarters 90's version.

2002 GvC Snake-eyes.

GIJOE Classic Collection USNavy Crash Crew

GIJOE Classic Collection Search and Rescue Firefighter

Collectors Club Adventure Team Land Adventurer.

FAO Schwarz Green Beret Shadow Box set.

--Ken

Oh man.....Thats hard. I got lots fo stuff I love

c-9 Hydrofoil missing the lense comes to mind ($40 suckas!!)

MY complete set 85 Joes....(I need SS,Destro,CC, AVAC,Starduster and Baroness for a complete 83-86 sets)

MY c-7 complete Skystriker I got fopr $40

My Whale restoration Project

the fact that 95% of my 727 Joes are complete

I have 54 Rah full cardbacks

Oh yeah, also my AVAC w/parachute..from my old terrordrome I no longer have...paint is badly worn on face..but since he always wore his parachute...the cobra symbol's is awesome!!

It's kinda hard to choose my real gem, so I'm gonna go with my top 4.

My bagged cobra officer.

My mint/complete Skystriker with perfect parachutes (no discolorations), with box.

My mint straight arm Scarlett with the variant place of birth (Grand Prairie, Alberta).

And my two favorite '86 joes, Beach Head & Sci Fi. They may not be the hardest to find, but they're in perfect shape and the only two joes I actually wore out as a kid.

As a funny note, my Steeler's file card is kinda neat because it lists his place of birth as Hamilton, Ontario (instead of Pittsburgh). Its infinitely cool 'cuz thats my hometown.

okay, so that was five @wink@

My Arctic collection.

Cobra Arctic Assault Force:

- 38 Original SnowSerpents

- 14 '91 SnowSerpents

- 3 Arctic Commando SnowSerpents

- 8 '98 SnowSerpents

-'98 Firefly

-'98 Night Creeper

- 8 Ice Vipers

-'01 StormShadow

- 20 White Neo Vipers