Yellow Bubbles, Warped Cards, Yellowed Figures

Prowl

Well, since a topic came up in the MOC Baroness thread, I have a question about the yellowing on bubbles and figures and warps on cards. How much does a yellowed bubble affect the price of the toy? Secondly, how does everyone take care of their MOC toys and stuff?

I know OS uses rubbermaids but I'd be interested to see how others look after their MOC items?

Yellow degrades the value quite a bit cause yellow is affected by Sunlight and causes a bleachin effect... The bubble and blister might only look yellow but this also effects the figure as well...

Best way I have learned to take care of your carded figures is with the RubberMaid containers but pick up some Star Cases or Protector Cases as well and use those... They are now making them with Ultra-Block with Sun Blocker...

Hopefully those rubbermaid bins and star cases are pvc-free. PVC has been known to cause premature yellowing. I've been meaning to ask AFA if their cases are pvc free before I send my V1 storm shadow to get slabbed.

I really like star cases, too. I bought a work shelf that had a peg board just so I could display my figures using pegs like you see on a store shelf. This particular work shelf allows me to have 12 cases displayed and be 3 cases deep (36 carded figures total). The only problem I have with the star case design is that its peg hole is punched at the top center of the case and is unable to offset the weight of the figure, resulting in the star case leaning slightly to the left.

1074770445744_My_collection_A.jpg

Hopefully those rubbermaid bins and star cases are pvc-free. PVC has been known to cause premature yellowing. I've been meaning to ask AFA if their cases are pvc free before I send my V1 storm shadow to get slabbed.

I would hope not since the casing is supposed to protect the figures and stuff. Glad to see you got a nice Storm Shadow :)

Yea, got it for twenty bucks!!! It was dicovered at a local antique store along with a moc toxo-viper. Obviously I left the toxo-viper behind, I went in there recently and the owners hip to joes now, says he usually sells them fast if he gets them in, usually dosen't ever have them. Right now he's got a Star Wars vers.1 x-wing luke for $140, so he probably prices Joes around that . I treat this storm shadow like a newborn baby...now if I could only find a snake eyes ver.1 for 20 bills, know someone? @loll@

...now if I could only find a snake eyes ver.1 for 20 bills, know someone? @loll@

Don't we all wish that? Man, I would be happy with a MOC Spirit :)

I need to get some peg board like that with the hooks so I can display my stuff...

Where can you get that stuff?

I bought the work bench (Gorilla Rack) at store called Menards (sorta like a Home Depot) for $49.99. It was pretty easy to put together, but the packaged weighed around 95 lbs.

You can buy regular sheets of peg board for around $10 each, but you'll probably need to cut it down to a more convienent size. After that, you'll have to figure a way to get it attached to the wall (I live in an apartment and didn't want to nail anything in) and still have enough room behind it in order to place the peg hooks in and out of the board. I found the pegs at the same store; they had several different types, sizes and lenths. For my display, I used 5" pegs as they fit under the top shelf of the bench perfectly and allowed three star cases to fit nicely.