I Won A J C A Award!

Darren

I won a JCA Award for my Cesspool custom!My Cesspool custom won the "Best Custom of an Existing Character" award along with TeknoKyo's DD Storm Shadow (TeknoKyo also was a triple-threat winner,winning best Joe,Cobra and Dreadnok customs as well).This is my first custom win so I was quite shocked and pleased at the same time.

BTW - Tom,I was hoping your Serpentor had won Best Cobra custom,I voted for it. @sad@

Here's the link to the custom: CC's Cesspool

Picture_013.jpg

Oh and because there's some new people around here and I found it on my hard drive,here's the mini-dio I made to debut my custom.Most of the regulars have seen it,but some of you new folks haven't.Enjoy...

Sludge01.jpg

Sludge02a.jpg

Sludge03.jpg

Sludge04a.jpg

Sludge05a.jpg

Sludge06.jpg

Sludge07.jpg

Sludge08.jpg

Sludge09.jpg

Sludge10.jpg

Sludge11a.jpg

There you go!Anyways,I'd just like to comment on some of the great customizers we have around here as well that I've drawn inspiration from since I started a little over a year ago.Namely guys like Tom,TM,Draven,Freedom,and VH...you guys do some excellent work and you helped inspire me to customize so long ago.Also,those other guys out there that show their work here,gunslinger,DavAnthony,dakullprt, and Chad & Matthew you guys all do excellent work.

yeah, that Cesspool is badass dude.. congrats on the award..

were there any prizes?? and what site was the awards for?

Thanks CLAM and Scraps!

CLAM,it was from Joecustoms.com,their annual custom award show.Here's a link to the page with the winners.There's the text-list of winners and a dio-award show that is hilarious.

JCA 2003 Awards

Oh and no prizes :( But that's alright...I'm proud enough just to have the acknowledgement.

NERDGASM!!! @faint@

I'm so proud of you, babies @notworthy@ When you told me we were nominated for an award, I was not even a little enthused... but since you won, now I'll make a big fuss over it! YEAH! @band@

You seriously deserved it, Darren. You should have a rap battle with TeknoKyo for title of Custom Masta.

Tom

Congratulations on your award CC. I really like your Cesspool custom, he looks awesome.

Very nice work man, and your dio is pretty cool too. I like how you did the word bubbles

and sound effects.

GH,here's the formula:

Head: Scalpel (w/ putty added)

Torso: Neo-Viper (O-Ring)

Arms:Overkill

Right Forearm: Sand Viper

Waistpiece: Neo-Viper (O-Ring)

Thighs: Sand Viper

Lower Legs: Neo-Viper

Also used some of Testor's Model Master Acrylic paint.Mostly orange,gold,black and a metallic teal (the name of it escapes me right now)...and a bunch of reds mixed with other colors for the 'burnt' face.It's hard to see...but the burnt face is somewhat 'bumpy' because I place some epoxy there for scarring.

Congrats Darren! The Cesspool of yours has been one of my favs of yours since you started customs. And if you have taken just 1 percent inspiration from me and my work i'm honored man! Because your work is some of the best damn stuff going. Congrats again!

Draven #US1#

Hey Cobra Commander,

I really like your Cesspool custom. I like it much, MUCH more than any of the JvC figs Hasbro has put out (which is funny, because it's made from their parts, right?). I also checked out TeknoKyo's customs....damn, you guys are very talented!!! I wish you guys were making the toys for the new line, then I'd be inclined to collect it :)

Congratulations and great job :)

CONGRATULATIONS, BROTHER!!!!!1 :)

FROM DAY ONE I HAVE CONFESSED MY LOVE FOR YOUR CESSPOOL CUSTOM, BUT THE CRITICS TRIED TO SILENCE US AND THE BEAUTIFUL FUTURE YOUR CUSTOM HAD AND NOW THAT YOU'VE WON THE AWARD YOU SO RIGHTLY DESERVED, LET THEM SIT AND SIMMER AND SIZZLE AND QUAKE IN THEIR FRILLY GARMENTS BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE BEST IS ON TOP AND WON! :)

AM I RIGHT, LADIEZ? ^__^

Hey, congrats CC!! Your Cesspool custom is not only the best Cesspool custom I've seen, but it's one of the best customs I've seen, period. I frequent JoeCustoms.com all the time and am floored by the talent of some of you guys. So, to CC and the rest of you customizers, thanks for all your hard work. It is truly appreciated.

CESSPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good work, again, CC!!