A 'Prime' Problem

amd098

Which Prime should be opened?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Prime should be opened?

• Hasbro Prime-he is castrated, Takara one is harder to get.
    • Takara Prime should be opened, Hasbro one has a better display box.
    • Slap a Zod in that Beast!

Well I will end up having both primes for around $160 from BBTS (112 for takara, 50 for hasbro).

So my question is, which one should I open? I dont know which one, Hasbro Primes box I think is better for display, but he isnt as hard to find, and plus the takara one looks better (no battle dmg, full stacks).

But the takara one cost more and is harder to get in the US, so Im guessing his value would go higher later on.

So I turn to you all to make a choice for me.

Oh and for those who play D2LoD you'll know what the last option means, its from gamefaq's D2LoD board.

Well I will end up having both primes for around $160 from BBTS (112 for takara, 50 for hasbro).

So my question is, which one should I open? I dont know which one, Hasbro Primes box I think is better for display, but he isnt as hard to find, and plus the takara one looks better (no battle dmg, full stacks).

But the takara one cost more and is harder to get in the US, so Im guessing his value would go higher later on.

So I turn to you all to make a choice for me.

Oh and for those who play D2LoD you'll know what the last option means, its from gamefaq's D2LoD board.

value, schmalue.

Imma play with my toy. :D

*ties a fanboy to a post then cracks open a MISB right in front of him*

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

DL

Although i'm not saying that I like the Hasbro packaging, because I honestly feel that it could have been made more attractive. I say keep that one sealed and open up Takara. Unless someone actually picks it up, nobody is going to know that the Takara one was opened.

If future value is a concern, just ask yourself one thing. Are you really going to sell him??

I mean I collect MISB stuff, but when it comes to certain figures like MP Prime, I have to open it since I know there is no way that I would ever sell it.

I auctually thought about buying 2 takara primes to keep one MISB. And have the other one open. Then my wife threatened to burn my beloved collection on her day off if "I wast $100 like that. " So heres' my new plan. Open Takra Prime for Display only and keep all wives, children, friends, enimies, well wishers, and evryone else one earth away from it. Keep him on a secure shelf and never transform him. Just leave him up to look cool. The other thing I will do is a wait for Hasbro's version to go on clearence and open him to play with, pose, transform, and to terroize my wife with by putting him everywhere in the house I can think of.

@firedevil@ if i had no choice and had to open one its hasbro,takara is the collectors choice man,and you could always sell that baby for more in the states than a 50$ hasbro knock off @firedevil@

man im so gonna get burned by hasbro fans

anyway i had the same problem with alt ss and i opened the hasbro and saved the takara

I already have one Takara Prime that I opened and pose and I just recieved my second Takara Prime BBTS today...this one will remain sealed in its box and I doubt that I remove the plastic bag that they sealed it in as well. I will buy at least two Hasbro Primes, one to open and display and the other to keep sealed. These are such finely engineered toys that you gotta play with them, but you also will want to have a replacement for 25 years down the road or pass down to the kiddies.

These are such finely engineered toys that you gotta play with them, but you also will want to have a replacement for 25 years down the road or pass down to the kiddies.

Twenty five years down the road we'll have ones that walk, talk and transform by themselves.

Heh heh I guess we won't even be needed, they could play with themselves. @firedevil@

I plan on buying a total of 3 takaras and probably 1or 2 hasbros.

If you are going to open one, I would open the Hasbro one because you could always get it again later since Hasbro produces large quantities domestically anyhow