Painted Mech Pics On Ebay!

Arashikage Storm

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Niiiiiceeeee finally we see these painted!

Ghost Bear: He looks REAL cool with that paint job,there's no bright and annoying neon,it's a nice flat gray.The black gloves with orange bands,and even the Cobra symbol.It's a great paint job and I really dig it.Though I don't understand how an eskimo could have orange hair....maybe his mother was a redhead?He also almost looks like a 'punkish' Snake Eyes in a way.

Pulverizer: The paint job does this vehicle good justice.It is NOT a wacky and 'far out' neon paint scheme,once again the flat gray with orange speckles.I like the addition of the speckles to give it the 'serpentine' and scaly look for Cobra.The colors for this whole piece work real nicely.It'd be cool if Hasbro added some black airbrushed 'soot' around the bottom of the feet or the joints to show some mechanical wear.

Leatherneck: He's not bad at all!I'm sure the military purist Joe fans will love him.He's got the typical military green on him and just screams "I'm a soldier @grumpy@ !" I'm sure he and Grunt will look great side-by-side.Would've liked to see maybe a camo paint job decorating his vest though,but other than that....excellent.

Defense Mech: WOW!This thing is VERY impressive now with some color splashed onto it.It seriously looks like it stepped out of a mech movie or something.The camo scheme works EXCELLENTLY and it gives this thing a very military look...like something the United States army could really develop.It even looks 'worn',I wish the Pulverizer had a little more of a 'worn' look to it.

Sheesh...after the disappointment of a few figures from Wave 10,this was a pleasant surprise!Once again,the vehicles look great as do the vehicle drivers themselves...even the colors!Hasbro should get the guys who handle the color for these things on the regular Joe figures.

Good times. As mentioned previously, the paint schemes do these things justice, and the figures are sweet. With the toned down paint, these things retain a Joe feel for me without being too sci-fi. I still wish the mechs had a bit more articulation, but they DO have more articulation that the previous, unpainted pics revealed. I wish Leatherneck had his classic mustache though, but a dab a plumber's epoxy and some paint will do nicely for that.

Anyone have a release date on these?

In my mind, its not been a good week for G.I.Joe. First a 50/50 mix of disappointing and mediocre wave 10 figs, and now these monstrosities. The mechs themselves are just ok, but don't have a place anywhere in my joeverse. The Ghost Bear fig is passable, but if it doesn't ever get released by itself, my collection will be GB-less. The biggest disappointment of the week, though, and yes I mean even moreso than Alpine, is the Leatherneck figure. There's nothing about it that even vaguely reminds me of him. No mustache, and the face looks like he's 19. He should be a tough old soldier by now. I would've really hoped for something that looked a little less like a 19 year old Sgt. Rock. I hope we get another Leatherneck soon after this thing, in a uniform more reminiscent of his classic look.

but, that's just my opinion. You're entitled to feel the complete opposite if you like, so long as you accept my right to feel as such.

The biggest disappointment of the week, though, and yes I mean even moreso than Alpine, is the Leatherneck figure. There's nothing about it that even vaguely reminds me of him. No mustache, and the face looks like he's 19. He should be a tough old soldier by now. I would've really hoped for something that looked a little less like a 19 year old Sgt. Rock.

Yeah, this Leatherneck does look a little young to have been a Joe for this long, especially as his original card art represented him as a grizzled, grim, and determined vet.

He reminds me a little of Switch Gears in that helmet which does nothing to make him look older. I kind of wish they would have given him his classic eight point (is that right?) marine cover, too, though I understand the need for a helmet with this version, seeing as how he's driving the mech and all.

Gee, the more I think about it, the more this reminds me of any character other then Leatherneck. I'd better stop all this thinking nonsense. #US1#

I'm impressed. The prototypes left me cold. While I'm still not a fan of "mech suits" neccessarily, I think they did a great job with them. The paints are very nice, and I agree that they should have had the same aesthetic paint scheme on the new wave of figures.

Ghost Bear is the one I would pick up if anything, being the Cobra man I am. If I was still a Toys R Us kid I would be all over it but since I try to show some restraint these days (albeit not much) I will probably pass. Very nice work though.

He was under no obligation to go over there. You'd never catch Clinton or any Democrat doing that, though he'd be willing to order bombing raids simply to distract people from his controversies.

... and Huh? Let's leave politics out of this board.

You can't go making antagonizing blanket statements about Democrats and expect no one to respond to you. Bush and Republicans have their own agendas in Iraq, beyond cutting up turkeys, and it's not the liberation of Iraqi people or defending us from non-exisent threats. More like Americanizing the "scary" Mideast, and making a profit there no matter what the repercussions of casualties on both sides are or the ripples across the rest of the global community.

Wasn't the only reference to GB about Ghost Bear? @loll@

Let's drop it and just concentrate on the toys here. Enough threads get closed as it is.

I am impressed with the Mechs. I think I will pick up a couple of these bad boys. The only problem that I might see and I hope it will not be the case is that it will only fit that certain figure and I hope it will not be the case. Does anyone know a price range for them yet?

I'm not really sure why Ghost Bear looks that way.. I expected him to be kinda Indian.. but he looks cool, minuse the neone orange parts on his gloves and boots.. Why neon orange??

Leatherneck does not look like Leatherneck, but he looks okay.. the mechs look better than before, but I still like Exo-Squad alot better.

did anyone else notice the canceled Walmart Exlcusives in his other auctions?? Alley Viper looks cool.

Ebay test shot Mech

Looking at this and the colors, I thought about the grey IG's they'd make perfect drivers. Then make Ghost Bear the commander in the Matrix Mech that would make for an awesome Dio. Ghost Bear looks like an IG commander anyway. It's just a thought. I'd like to know how everyone else is going to use them once they have them.

On another note that Leatherneck has Claymore custom written all over him I'll finally have a JvC CLAYMORE!! YEAH @yipee@

Its Sgt. Savage! Holy crap! I never thought I'd see the day, but that figure is just out and out Sgt. Savage. Its a great Leatherneck figure, cuz the man’s supposed to e an all-out warrior. So it works, but the design is 100% Savage, and I’ll be using the figure as such. I did a custom of him a few months back, and I figured it wasn’t going to get closer than that, but then, hot damn, hasbro pulls this, and without any painting/part-swapping, I’ll finally have a worthy Savage figure! Thanks ’Bro.

As for Ghost Bear, I just don’t see it. While there’s nothing that says he *cant* be the son of Kwinn, I don’t see anything that makes him *have* to be that. If he wore shorts, and a khaki shirt, or at least had black hair and a weseal skull necklace, then *maybe*, but as it stands, this guy looks more like Black Dragon, the GIjoe Extreme ninja, who (coincidence?) was also the name of the Cobra agent from last year’s con exclusive set. So he’ll be that for me, in my world. Since GIJoe Extreme is an alternate future, I beleive that the characters still exist, but that since Cobra is back, SKAR will never evolve, so the Extreme characters will all turn out differently. And with Metalhead, Freight, Savage, and Black Dragon all having decent base figures in the 3 3/4” Joe line now (i-Tech, Heavy Duty, Leatherneck, and Ghost Bear), I think I’m feeling a custom project on my hands!

Man,keep the political crap in another thread...we don't need another Wave 10 thread locked.

I just noticed something else,though it might be changed in final production,take a look at Leatherneck's chest between the vest,it has "shirt folds" and they painted it flesh color.It makes him look like he's packin' in a gut there.

You know that these are reminicent of the SNAKES. It is not too far out there as some have said. In fact, we are about to get fighter jets that can fire anti-nuke lasers and can fly higher up in the atmosphere. I believe this to be almost on par tech wise.

I probably won't use them for Joe, maybe my Star Wars stuff.