Good Online Sites For Sealed Rah Originals?

Prowl

I have been looking for a nice sealed US carded V1 Spirit and have had no luck on e-bay and looking on the 'Net and I was wondering if any of the Joe vets on TNI can help me out. If anyone can locate a site that carries him, let me know. I am also looking for sites that aren't ridiculous in their Joe pricing...

I don't really know man...I would've said ebay, but that obviously didn't work for you. Besides checking ebay everyday I would check....well nevermind I was gonna send you to brianstoys but I just checked there and they had a MOC 8.5 spirit for.........180 bucks...ouch.(and they were sold out)

But honestly I think you're gonna have to pay a good price anyway for a MOC Spirit......they don't come cheap. @grumpy@ from what I know.

You're looking for something that doesn't often stay in stock much at any one site, for the simple reason it is in such high demand, I don't thin k its something you can just be sent to the right site to get, you'll also have to wait a bit, OTOH though GiJoe HQ don't tend to have much MOC stuff in stock they do have a forum where you can put up your requests and they'll see if they can find it.

Try www.actiontoys.com . They are the only place I found carded Joes. Just a little expensive though.

A carded Spirit they carry is $145.00. Here's the link to the page/site:

http://www.actiontoys.com/Merchant/merchan...ory_Code=gi1984

I hope this helps.

Wouldn't jump too quick on it without a picture...

Thanks guys for the help so far. I e-mailed Curt from GI Joe HQ as Cobracavalier suggested and I also e-mailed actiontoys to see what the condition of the card was. Hopefully, I'll yield some positive results fro my search. Thanks guys again and keep me updated if you see anything on e-bay :)

I always liked Spirit v.1, he was one of the first Joes I remember getting as a kid. The only thing that you need to be careful of is that Spirit's blue shirt has a nasty tendancy to yellow over time, even if he's still carded...that makes finding one in the condition you're looking for even more difficult. Good luck!

I always liked Spirit v.1, he was one of the first Joes I remember getting as a kid. The only thing that you need to be careful of is that Spirit's blue shirt has a nasty tendancy to yellow over time, even if he's still carded...that makes finding one in the condition you're looking for even more difficult. Good luck!

Thanks Sephiroth - I'll keep my eyes our and make sure. So far, I've had no response from actiontoys or Curt from GI Joe HQ.....I hope to be able to find a nice Spirit soon :)

Brian's Toys always gets in original sealed RAH's but their prices are hell though.

I know - did send them an e-mail to let me know if they got anymore Spirits in since the only other place that carries him is asking $395 for an afa 85 one which is way too high for me to pay for one figure, afa or not

I'm not too sure about Spirit, but a good place to go for Vintage Joe is

www.bountyhuntertoys.com

I've know the guy who owns the store for a couple of years now and let me tell you, this guy knows his Joe. His prices are very reasonable too.

Hope this helps.

I'm not too sure about Spirit, but a good place to go for Vintage Joe is

www.bountyhuntertoys.com

I've know the guy who owns the store for a couple of years now and let me tell you, this guy knows his Joe.  His prices are very reasonable too.

Hope this helps.

Well, I had a gander and the site actually did have a V-1 Spirit on a Canadian card for $200 US which is a heck of a lot. I asked if there was any yellowing on the figure, so hopefully I'll hear back. The card looked flawless anyhow - no bubble dents or creases on the card :) I might pick it up since I really really want Spirit and it is a Canadian site so I would save on shipping and customs...

Y'know, the condition of the card's not an issue for me. I just want a sealed vintage figure I can OPEN! *gasp* "Did he just use the words OPEN and VINTAGE FIGURE in the same sentence??!!" "YES I DID AND I'M NOT SORRY!!!" (lol)

Seriously though, I wouldn't care if it was just the figure and his/her accessories, as long as they were still sealed. Then I'd know I had a C-9.9+ mint loose figure when I opened it.

I've been lucky enough to get a Japanese carded version 2 Snake-Eyes and a carded Chinese Dial-Tone. The Snake-Eyes is IDENTICAL to the U.S. one, and the Dial-Tone is durn-near identical at least in terms of colors and accessories. The plastic quality is dead-on. So whenever I can catch up and afford them, my money's on the identical foreign carded Joes, since I wince at the though of paying hundreds of dollars for a figure I'm just gonna rip open. I figure I can get carded foreign ones and then search the web for good file cards to complete them with.

No man...I'm just saying that's what I'D do. I'd like a select few maybe to keep MOC, but Joes have always strictly been something I've opened and fiddled with. Maybe it's just their poseability that makes them jump off the card like that for me...(lol)

No, I know you Outsiders; you have a steel vault in your basement that's climate-controlled and specially filtered museum quality lights reveal mint, on-the-card, pristine G.I. Joe action figures that have only rested in your hands when you had silk gloves on right before you sent them off to be graded, each garnering a 95+ score of course...(lol)

(j/k man! I can appreciate MOC Joes and would love to see your collection up close. I'm just weak; I'd have to open 'em.)

No, I know you Outsiders; you have a steel vault in your basement that's climate-controlled and specially filtered museum quality lights reveal mint, on-the-card, pristine G.I. Joe action figures that have only rested in your hands when you had silk gloves on right before you sent them off to be graded, each garnering a 95+ score of course...(lol)

Have you been spying on me again? I have to check my security tapes for any intruders and set up silent alarm laser wires... @loll@