Roger Clemens Reloaded

Prowl

Not that this is a major surprise since it was being discussed, but Roger Clemens signed a 1 year deal with Houston worth $5 million with $3.5 million being deferred over 2 years, according to the AP.

Personally, I like Rocket Roger - I was upset when he left the Jays but he's been a consistently great pitcher and it will be interesting to see how he does in the NL for his final season as well as pitching with Pettite, Miller, and Oswalt. That's already a great looking rotation :)

Boy, the Astros have no excuses to not make the playoffs next season. They sign Pettitte and now get Clemens! Their pitching is looking real good right now. Cubs have their hands full if they want to get back to October.

And hey, I love seeing the Yankees losing key players. Makes me want to laugh...EVILLY. Mwahahahahahaha. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha.

Hopefully they can finally make it to the World Series. It's always nice to see teams other than the Braves and Yankees play.

Wohoo! I can't wait to see more of the Astros vs Mets this year!!! @firedevil@

Clemens YOU'RE EATING DIRT! @firedevil@

@loll@ @loll@ Besure to reserve your ticket on Aug. when the Rocket man come to Shea.....muahhahahhahah @firedevil@ @firedevil@

This incident will unite both Mets and Yanks fans as they, lol, BOOOOOOO him, lol. One boo for the Piazza incident, the other boo for back stabbing. lol. @firedevil@ @firedevil@

*Flashback*

Michael Jordan said he was done playing for basketball.........

Bill Parcell said he was done coaching in the NFL..........

Roger Clement said he was done playing for baseball.............

And what did we learn, @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@ @smilepunch@

Why can't they keep their promise? @firedevil@ @firedevil@

You know....I really had respect for Clemens when he was on my team (Ny's team), the yankees. But i have to admit, it really pisses me off that he left us, saying he was retiring, than went to Houston, i wanna smack him across the head lol. I feel betrayed. I deeply hate him now. But i also have to say that i think he made a bad choice to do that. I mean he could have ended his amazing career as a yankee, but instead hes going to houston, in which he will probably do bad (as he is getting really old) and kind of put a dent in his career. And last i would like to say, this reminds me exactly of Michael Jordan and the whole wizard ordeal and coming back to basketball. Bad Choice.

I think its about time Yankees fans learn what the rest of us deal with on a regular basis because of their habits of buying up every player imaginable.

I still hate Roger for calling himself a Yankee for life (seriously, who is he kidding) but I'm thrilled that he will probably tarnish his career by staying too long...and because he'll have to face the music as a batter at least 2-3 times a start.

I'm sure the Mets aren't the only ones who want to peg the Rocket a few times.

• 3 weeks later...

Clemens and Pettite were plotting this all along, cuz the Evil Empire screwed them over too many times, especially Pettite, by making them wait for contracts while they pursued other people, etc.