What Comic Should Get Cancelled?

pogoman

I was reading somewhere that MV wanted to do changes on the book but Mattel won't let them. Kinda sucks though because I heard that they wanted to bring Hordak on the books.

After the Batman run with Azzarello I fear the same with Superman. Yeah, its got Jim Lee but with so did Thundercats with McGuiness (great art) but the story was lame.

crossing fingers on superman

That sucks for MV. I guess I can get my bloodthirsty barbarian fix from Conan.

Mattel should just let them do whatever they want. The property's dead in the water in the US, so what the hell. Now would be the wrong time for Mattel to want to save face.

MOTU needs to get darker and more violent, IMO, since the kids obviously aren't reading it, and I think MVC can do anything they want with it. I'm waiting to see Hordak break that Hsss tool's neck.

Maybe they can hire Simon Bisley to do the art for Masters of the Universe. That would be swell.

f9392bc2.jpg.orig.jpg

Edited by Darthmaul33

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

X-men need to be consolodated into only two books and the roster needs to be streamlined. THere is just too much going on and the scope is waaayy too big to get any good stories going on.

GI Joe is starting to drag (Although RELoaded is good)

TFG1 and TF Armada needs some real writing...the art is pretty though

• 1 month later...
is battle of the planets still around?

Nope. All done on that front. I also agree that Amazing Spiderman needs a new writer. He did a great job on Babylon 5 and Jeramiah but his writing on Amazing just sucks up until last weeks issue. I am interested in where this story is going BUT have not like anything he has done so far. It remains to be seen if he can continue to hold my intrest.

• 1 month later...

All the X-Statix hate....=(

Claremont may be a classic X writer, but he isn't too modern...quit Excalibur and Uncanny(does he write that?) and go write Marvel Age sumpin'

I'm not saying it should be cancelled....but Superman ain't what it used to be either.

New X-Men: Academy X is a little young-ish....They try to nail the old X feel of troubled teens but they miss in my opinion, and the art sucks! I miss Josh Middleton doing those awesome covers! If he was doing the book it would be so much better(but just concentrate on NYX being amazing man!)

I don't get Spectacular SM, but I haven't been hearing alot of good about it...

Finally, I would say Weapon X, but it seems like it's biting the big one at issue 28. Sadly, thats about the same time the we'll be getting an butt-load of those Dreadful X-Men solos!

Oh yah, X-Men sucks too. It feels like they're trying to shove manga down our throats while sacrificing the good characters(Northstar, who I really hope re-appears in Ultimate X-Men, and Angel & Husk, whose age-seperated romance would have been interesting to explore.) I get my Manga from Tokyopop, thank you!

I like the idea of Claremont doing Marvel Age...but then I think he would put kids asleep by page 3.

Spectacular still around??? I don't even see it on the shelves. Maybe they need to kill someone on this book so that sales go up.

Superman by Azzarello is the Catwoman of comics.

I don't know the name of the stupid spidey book...I thankfully only read ABOUT it. I actually read MK and Ultimate SM for my spidey fix.

Joe reloaded, and all the ultimate books! forgot alternate retellings just give us new fresh stories!

Avengers has went down hill since burseik but thor was big awsome intill dissambeld started.

at least some of the x-books, its just too much! same for batman and most big franchise things.

The reason there are so many X-books,Bat books and Spidey books is because they sell.Trust me,at the comic shop I work at new customers always start reading either Spider-Man,Batman,Superman or X-Men first.And these are the top selling titles at our comic shop.And the Ultimate titles are huge also.We sell between 60-75 copies a month of Ultimate Spider-Man and about the same of Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Fantastic Four.The one thing that should be done is make Firestorm Ron Raymond.We had alot of sales for issue one but issue 2 dropped dramatically.We only order 25 copies of it now....

xmen titles would indeed be better if they just crammed it all into two books! Theres allways so much going on in the xbooks that its unbeliveable! Or at least they could try & have more uhm... of the same continuity to them... Like wolverine is in all the xtitles just about I don't see how he can be in all these different places all the time

First of all, I agree that Wolverine should be limited to 1 X-book and his own book. There is no need to put him in every book. I personally am sick of seeing him every time I open a comic that is even remotely associated with X-Men.

Having said that I don't think there are too many X-books. Especially not when you compare them to Spider-Man or Batman. At least with X-Men you have so many different characters that are represented in these books. I don't think you could just strip them down to two books. Because of the large amount of characters each title has on the roster.

Astonishing X-Men:

Wolverine

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Beast

Kitty Pryde

Excalibur:

Charles Xavier

Magneto

Archangel

Husk (?)

Callisto

Uncanny X-Men:

Wolverine

Storm

Sage

Bishop

Nightcrawler

Marvel Girl (Rachel Grey)

Cannonball (who will be going to X-Force)

X-Men:

Wolverine...AGAIN! #WTF#

Iceman

Polaris

Havok

Juggernaut

Rogue

Gambit

Now I do think that Marvel shouldn't devote an already in use character to his own title (Nightcrawler, Rogue, etc.). I am fine with them doing the LS on Madrox but if he isn't in a book already I would prefer that to be an ongoing as opposed to Rogue for instance.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.