My Bad Experience With Smalljoes.com

Outsiders

I've read a few posts lately from members asking about certain online stores that deal with G.I. Joe merchandise and up until now. I have never had a problem with any of the stores. That was up until now...

This is my first bad experience and my last time dealing with SmallJoes.com and the owner of the establishment and site, Corey Stinson.

Let me explain what happen...

On December 12, 2003, I proceeded to place an order with SmallJoes.com because of being busy and other problems. I have missed getting some comic books from my local comic shop and they sold out. I ways also looking for the Wave 9 Valor Vs. Venom 2 packs so I decided to make it a group order and this is my copy of my order.

This message is your email confirmation for order #18611 placed at SMALLJOES.COM:

Code Name Quan Price

---------------- ----------------------------------------------- ---- -----

GICOMDDTF04A G.I. Joe vs. Transformers comic #4 (cover A) 1 $2.95

GICOMDDTF05A G.I. Joe vs. Transformers comic #5 (cover A) 1 $2.95

GICOMDDTF05B G.I. Joe vs. Transformers comic #5 (cover B 1 $2.95

GICOMFL-17-A G.I. Joe Front Line comic #17 (cover A) 1 $2.95

GICOMFL-17-B G.I. Joe Front Line comic #17 (cover B 1 $2.95

GICOMIC21-A G.I. Joe comic issue #21 (cover A) 2 $5.90

GICOMIC24-A G.I. Joe comic issue #24 (cover A) 1 $2.95

GICOMIC24-B G.I. Joe comic issue #24 (cover B 1 $2.95

GICOMTFG-01-H Transformers G.I. Joe comic #1 holofoil special 1 $5.95

GICOMTFG-03 Transformers G.I. Joe comic #3 1 $2.95

GIVVVSEVSSS G.I. Joe wave 1 (2004) - Snake-Eyes vs. Storm S 3 $25.47

Merchandise total: $60.92

Shipping, handling, & insurance: $12.88

Grand total: $73.80

If I may address your attention to the Shipping, handling & insurance charge of $12.88. Please keep this in mind since it comes up as the problem of this mentioned post.

On December 20, 2003, I received an email confirming my shipment of my purchased merchandise and was glad it was being sent out so quickly.

On December 27, 2003, I finally received my package and notice some problems with the package. The box was an old Funskool box with a quarter size hole in the side. The tape was put on loosely and the charge for shipping was only $5.20 and there was no insurance label or stamp on the box anywhere to be seen.

I sent an email through the SmallJoes.com customer service asking as to why I was charged $12.88 and the total was only $5.20 and no insurance and asked for either a refund or store credit.

From the dates of December 27, 2003 until January 9, 2004, I would send a total of 7 emails asking for Corey or someone else to contact me in regards to this matter. During this time I even asked a few members on the forums here that told me they know Corey personally to talk to Corey and ask him to please look into my situation. I even posted a message on the alt.toys.gi-joe.1980s newsgroup on January 4, 2004, asking Corey to please contact me because I know he reads the newsgroups.

I received no contact from either Corey or anyone from SmallJoes.com until yesterday, January 9, 2004. I received an email from Corey stating only the following:

Hi,

You aren't getting a shipping refund.

I replied back asking him if he thought there wasn't a problem with him charging $12.88 when the item only came out to $5.20 but I have yet to receive any contact from him.

I checked my account on SmallJoes.com today and this is the message I am receiving:

This account is locked. Login is not permitted. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact customer service.

During this whole time of this situation with my order and with the emails asking Corey to contact me. I have been nothing but professional and polite in the matter. I never got upset and I never used any profanity or raised the tone of my voice in my emails. I am only posting this for other members so they know what to "maybe" expect from SmallJoes.com.

I have done numerous business transactions before with this company and I have never been treated with this sort of behavior or disrespect as a customer. I believe this is a very wrongful way of running a business and a very wrongful way of dealing with a business matter. Shutting your customers out and then dealing with them by locking their accounts? I'm sorry but it sounds like a very childish way business should be handled.

I have kept numerous emails based on my confirmation of my order and the final email I received so if anyone would like for me to forward them a copy then I would more than happy to to show proof I am not making this situation up to just bad mouth SmallJoes.com

Thank you for your time!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Corey IMO kinda seems like a mean guy, dont wanna use any bad words here, but i mean come on, he ships in a old funskool box with a hole in it, charges 8 bucks extra for shipping and acts like a @$$ is the emails, i mena he could at least explain himself, then he probably (my guess) locks your account so he doesnt have to deal with you cause he probably knows he cheated money out of you....i am never ever dealing with smalljoes in my life!

thanks for the heads up OS, much appreciated! :)

I am sorry you had this service Outsiders, I really am. Well I know he'll be at the convention you could just talk to him then. Also i'll be talking to him, but everytime i've done business with him, i've gotten my stuff quickly, and all the prices added up. #US1#

Wow that's pretty outrageous.

I was considering buying some Joe vehicles from there but was a little turned off by the high shipping. Now that you mention the way the items could be shipped, I'm even more turned off.

Locking your account, not responding to emails, and then writing you a childish response definitely seals the deal.

Too bad to because they seem to have a great stock in different items. @cobracommander@

I was considering buying some Joe vehicles from there but was a little turned off by the high shipping. Now that you mention the way the items could be shipped, I'm even more turned off.

Locking your account, not responding to emails, and then writing you a childish response definitely seals the deal.

Too bad to because they seem to have a great stock in different items. @cobracommander@

Well as I stated in my post that the same experience may not happen in your situation. You might get the order fast and have no troubles at all...

I just posted it to let others know what happened to me...

I am sorry you had this service Outsiders, I really am. Well I know he'll be at the convention you could just talk to him then. Also i'll be talking to him, but everytime i've done business with him, i've gotten my stuff quickly, and all the prices added up. #US1#

isn't the Convention 6 Months away? @hmmm@

What are you going to do Outsiders? I'd send all that stuff back to small joes and ask for a refund. Go to a good Joe store and buy from there.

Where are they located?

dude that's messed up!! there's noway i'd deal with those guys again! @grumpy@ i can't believe he locked your account instead of dealing with ya'll's problem. not to mention i can't stand shops who try to get over you on the shipping. you payed for insurance therefore they should have atleast looked into it. i'm glade you posted this letter Outsiders, the worse thing is having someone funk over you long distance and you can't get in there face about it. i know i'll never ever purchase a thing from them again!

Well as I stated in my post that the same experience may not happen in your situation. You might get the order fast and have no troubles at all...

I just posted it to let others know what happened to me...

seems like lately he's had not so good experiences with a lot of people @hmmm@

What are you going to do Outsiders? I'd send all that stuff back to small joes and ask for a refund. Go to a good Joe store and buy from there.

Where are they located?

I was thinking of sending all the stuff back but knowing my luck... I wouldn't see it returned or see a full refund of my money...

I'm not going to the convention but I don't feel like getting kicked out for what might happen over $7.68 so I'm just going to chalk it up with experience and make it caution to the wind... Can't do much more with my account locked now can I? ;)

The are located in Missouri I believe... Whats the state that has the abbreviation of "MO"?

What are you going to do Outsiders?  I'd send all that stuff back to small joes and ask for a refund.  Go to a good Joe store and buy from there.

Where are they located?

I was thinking of sending all the stuff back but knowing my luck... I wouldn't see it returned or see a full refund of my money...

I'm not going to the convention but I don't feel like getting kicked out for what might happen over $7.68 so I'm just going to chalk it up with experience and make it caution to the wind... Can't do much more with my account locked now can I? ;)

The are located in Missouri I believe... Whats the state that has the abbreviation of "MO"?

How did you pay? Pay Pal?

BRING HIM DOWN!!! lol oh well, the one order i got from there took forever to get.

I'm only doing bussiness with gijoehq right now.

BRING HIM DOWN!!! lol oh well, the one order i got from there took forever to get.

I'm only doing bussiness with gijoehq right now.

goes for me too, no problems with Curt and if he takes longer then he said he usually does something extra to make it up to you.

Regarding your account being 'locked,' the following message posted on the main page at smalljoes.com may be the cause:

NOTICE: As of January 7, 2003 we have upgraded some features of the shopping cart and checkout process. If you have any difficulties while shopping, or notice any other strange behavior, please be sure to notify us as soon as possible. Thanks!

I know this doesn't solve your problem with the shipping dispute, but at least you might be able to use their services someday down the line.

Regarding your account being 'locked,' the following message posted on the main page at smalljoes.com may be the cause:

NOTICE: As of January 7, 2003 we have upgraded some features of the shopping cart and checkout process. If you have any difficulties while shopping, or notice any other strange behavior, please be sure to notify us as soon as possible. Thanks!

I know this doesn't solve your problem with the shipping dispute, but at least you might be able to use their services someday down the line.

Well when you log into your account... You can change your name, address and payment information. I can't even do that when I enter my email address and password...

If you clicked the buy Paypal insurance tab, which is usually like 5-15% of your order you can be reimbursed, if not, they won't help you as I have tried unsuccesfully in the past to do so.

you can man, file a report !!! You can get his Pay Pal account locked up. #US1#

I'm not looking into destroying the man's business by screwin up his PayPal account so he can't accept orders. I just feel as a Customer that I should have been treated in a more professional manner.

Well, this is disturbing.

I've followed a lot of the threads about Smalljoes and there's a recurrent theme in all of them--and just what outsiders has talked about.

I appreiciate knowing these reports because I've been considering ordering from smalljoes myself.

Thing is, I will not order from a place that has a sporadic reputation--which it appears that smalljoes has now.

Being treated fairly is important to me because the product I'd be ordering will not appear up here in Canada without a minor miracle--the hassle of worrying just isn't worth it. Its not that no-ones gotten their stuff--Corey's always been pretty good about that from the sounds of things--its the ability to be a repeat customer with a retailer thats........well, that's not always working to keep his repeat customers.

I'm not even a customer, but it looks like I will take my business elsewhere.

--Ken