Astronauts On Gijoe

ninja katt

Okay, I know that there's a general concensus that Star Brigade sucked, but how do you feel about having astronauts on the team? Personally I can see why people would hate Star Brigade with it's cheesey space suits and silly aliens straight out of a bad sci-fi movie, but I have to admit that I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of the original Count Down, or a similar more realistic astronaut. What do you guys think?

I'm one of the few people who actually liked Star Brigade. Not all of it mind you, but most. Some of the figs, like Cobra Commander in Space gear...oh yeah, like he's gonna go for a space walk. Not so well thought out. But, a good space force, with a good craft(The Crusader Dammit!) against some bad@$$ Astro Vipers and rogue satellites: Hell Yeah!

I didn't really have a problem with Star Brigade. By the time they trickled out, I was on the way out of buying Joes back then anyway.

As for astronauts, I have the Defiant Complex and the Space Station/Defiant are pretty cool.

In fact, I use Payload version 3 as a new character. He's an Oktober Guard cosmonaut. I figure Payload (the original) and Countdown look like pretty realistic American astronauts. So Payload 3 would make a good cosmonaut.

I don't think it was the theme itself that ruined Star Brigade, as far as it being SPACE related or sci-fi, but rather some of the goofy crap that came out along with it, and the fact that by it's point of release in the original Joe line, the color schemes were getting just plain HORRENDOUS!

I like sci-fi stuff, and having some stuff thrown in to represent the battles between Joe and Cobra that go beyond the limits of inner space, is perfectly fine and GOOD by me.

I collected this stuff as though I was a kid and wanting it ALL, and instead of buying the extra gear or uniforms to dress your 12" action figures in (like I had to when I was a kid) I thought it was cool that with ARAH action figures, you got the WHOLE figure, the whole codenamed individual that specializes in THAT particular field, with all the necessary weapons and gear to go along with him, dressed for air, land, sea or space, and a neat little bio to give him some background and experience in the Joe team.

When my imagination would require a space mission, it was cool to have the vehicles, figures and gear all set to go into action, just waiting in the toy box to be whipped out and set up for great play! Isn't that what it's SUPPOSE to be about?

As an adult collector, I still collect as though I was wanting to play with them, but stop myself just short of getting out in the backyard with'em! ;) you know..what would the neighbors think?

I never bought a single Star Brigade as a kid, my best friend got a bunch of them and I never had much of a use for them.

I did have Cobra's red space fighter thingy, that pilot was a Space-dude, and I had an Astro-Viper. In my imagination they were not, however.

@bounce@ COOOL!

Throw a few butt plugs on some aliens and I'll be as excited as Admiral Snackbar on a T-crotch high! @haha@

I loved the Astro-Vipers, and the Stiletto, but I think that going beyond that would be taking the continuity in an entirely different direction.

I would rather see more developed along the lines of earth-bound conflicts, using the actual Cobra armies rather than seeing melodramas between some of the more pinheaded Cobra hierachy.

So give me an ARBCO truck sneaking a truckload of Alley Vipers in to downtown Manhattan and holding buildings hostage way before we blast off in to adventure in the amazing year 2020! All systems go! Defend the time eraser! etc. @loll@

So give me an ARBCO truck sneaking a truckload of Alley Vipers in to downtown Manhattan and holding buildings hostage way before we blast off in to adventure in the amazing year 2020! All systems go! Defend the time eraser! etc. @loll@

I would so buy that.

How would these names do for some GIJOE Astronauts:

Apogee

Vector

High Ground

Sunspot

Retro-rocket

Starlight

Zero-Gee

Glidepath

Space Case

Moondust

Darkside

Corona

Yea, there's enough for a whole space corps there, me thinks.

--Ken

If Hasbro did a "Space Force" 6-pack, I'd probably get it and use everyone as a pilot. The good thing about the Joes with the astronaut specialities is that some could pass for pilots.

Plus, Joes like Countdown ver. 1 had some kick-ass accessories.

How would these names do for some GIJOE Astronauts:

Apogee

Vector

High Ground

Sunspot

Retro-rocket

Starlight

Zero-Gee

Glidepath

Space Case

Moondust

Darkside

Corona

Yea, there's enough for a whole space corps there, me thinks.

--Ken

Vector and Sunspot would work.

Space Corp? Only if they were like Colonial Marines or Confederate Marine Corp [starcraft]. ;)

I've been daydreaming about that scene for a while now since I picked up a squad of the dark blue Alley Vipers.

I'll be on the lookout for some 1:18 trucks now! @firedevil@

No..he meant the scenario about "defending the time eraser" in 2020! ^_^