Ok Im Tired Of This

Ccav

instead fo every couple of years calling the new lines what hasblo calls em

how bout since RAH goes from 1982- 1993?

and ARAH from 97-2000

and JVC 2001-03'

and now VVV 04+

how about calling 2001 + just JVC..since its the same dam line..same wierd ideas...with out having to change groups every 3-4 years..its getting reall annoying...

infact I usually consider 82'-2000 RAH

and JVC 2001+

but thats me

what do you think...this makes it easyier for me.

besides if you have to knoe exact lines , ARAh instead of RAH..you should study up on them before you purchase>cause the colors are totally different+ the date stamp....I guess that would imply someone having common sense! @hmmm@

just my .02

#US1#

instead fo every couple of years calling the new lines what hasblo calls em

how bout since RAH goes from 1982- 1993?

and ARAH from 97-2000

and JVC 2001-03'

and now VVV 04+

how about calling 2001 + just JVC..since its the same dam line..same wierd ideas...with out having to change groups every 3-4 years..its getting reall annoying...

infact I usually consider 82'-2000 RAH

and JVC 2001+

but thats me

what do you think...this makes it easyier for me.

besides if you have to knoe exact lines , ARAh instead of RAH..you should study up on them before you purchase>cause the colors are totally different+ the date stamp....I guess that would imply someone having common sense! @hmmm@

just my .02

#US1#

RAH = ARAH

Maybe RAHC would be better... (But that would mean someone would have to study up on it?)

-Kevin

Yeah..seriously! ;)

We keep getting hung up on these themes and going everywhere from JvC (Joe verse Cobra) to ST (Spy Troops) and now to VvV (Venom verse Valor) :rolleyes:

JvC seems simple enough to me, and less a headache, otherwise we'll be chatting about the VvV 2-pack with the ARAH figure and one of the first JvC figures, with some ST accessories with them! WTF? @haha@

Yeah..seriously! ;)

We keep getting hung up on these themes and going everywhere from JvC (Joe verse Cobra) to ST (Spy Troops) and now to VvV (Venom verse Valor) :rolleyes:

JvC seems simple enough to me, and less a headache, otherwise we'll be chatting about the VvV 2-pack with the ARAH figure and one of the first JvC figures, with some ST accessories with them! WTF? @haha@

VH, do you even know what you just said? I sure as hell don't. :(

-Kevin

RAH and ARAH are the same thing dude.. they both stand for "A Real American Hero", the subtitle for the original series.

97/98 Toys R Us exclusives also are called RAH for the most part.

2000-2001 RAH repaints are called RAHC, which stands for "The Real American Hero Collection", the subtitle on the package of these figures.

GvC and JvC are the same thing. I call it GvC (GiJoe vs Cobra), others call it JvC (Joe vs Cobra).

its not hard at all.. (and you are going to the convention and you can't figure this out?)

Yeah..seriously!  ;)

We keep getting hung up on these themes and going everywhere from JvC (Joe verse Cobra) to ST (Spy Troops) and now to VvV (Venom verse Valor)  :rolleyes:

JvC seems simple enough to me, and less a headache, otherwise we'll be chatting about the VvV 2-pack with the ARAH figure and one of the first JvC figures, with some ST accessories with them!    WTF?  @haha@

VH, do you even know what you just said? I sure as hell don't. :(

-Kevin

;) precisely!

RAH and ARAH are the same thing dude.. they both stand for "A Real American Hero", the subtitle for the original series.

2000-2001 RAH repaints are called RAHC, which stands for "The Real American Hero Collection", the subtitle on the package of these figures.

GvC and JvC are the same thing. I call it GvC (GiJoe vs Cobra), others call it JvC (Joe vs Cobra).

its not hard at all.. (and you are going to the convention and you can't figure this out

dude , I know my Joe!

but to make this easyier than all these stupid sectional names

lets all agree to say it in these meanings!

RAH 1982-2000,

JVC 2001- present

cant we just agree on that!

its not hard at all.. (and you are going to the convention and you can't figure this out

dude , I know my Joe!

RAH 1982-2000,

JVC 2001- present

I will agree with GvC is 2001-present..

but I will not lump RAH with anything after 94. its just too good to be mucked up with other stuff

This is my naming scheme

82-94 - "The kind I'm trying to get all of them"

97-present- "The kind I only buy the ones I like"

But really I catagorize by

original

original rereleases

new scultps (whitch ocassionally are packaged with original rereleases)

The name changes really don't bother me that much but I do think that it can get a little bit confusing at times. I mean you have RAH, ARAH, RAHC, GvC, JvC, ST, BTR, VvV and POS (AA Duke @wink@). Sometimes it just looks like someone threw up Alphabet Soup all over the boards.

On a side note, when I first joined TNI (way back in the old ADC days) I would see people saying JvC all of the time I thought that they were talking about electronic epueptment. :D

Guest gunslingercbr

RAH 1982-2000,

JVC 2001- present

wait a minute, YOU don't like the way everyone else uses monikers for Joes so EVERYONE else should change instead of you adapting. that's awfully selfish and arrogant . @grumpy@

I for one will never lump vintage RAH figures in with re-released RAHC. they are different figures, from the quality of plastic, paint apps, etc. they are different enough to warrant different labels, that's why we do differentiate them. don't believe me. compare your 83 Duke to the 97 orange shirted Duke.

as for JvC and VvV. these are legit, seeing that unike Spy Troops, which still carried that tittle Joe Vs Cobra, Venom vs Valor no longer does. Joe vs Cobra is done, gone, kapoot. VvV can't be JvC. that would be like calling Transformers Armada RID because some of the toys from RID were repainted for Armada. they are different lines, whether YOU like it or not. Heck, Transformers have been kicking out new figures for years that aren't that different from each other and are essentially the same line of figures but no one has a problem keeping up with those name changes

so call them what you want if you like and don't worry about what everyone else calls them. but if everyone else understands what each other is saying except you, than it isn't a problem with what WE call them but with YOU, no offense.

LOL

JVC = NEW SCULPTS.

RAH - OLD SCULPTS.

WHY IS THIS HARD?

Tom

Exactly....

Personally, I don't care if any old sculpt style figure or vehicle is released under the SA, ST, VvV or any other ridiculous JvC theme, I still refer to them as RAH regardless of year produced or released.

How about calling them "Old Sculpts" and "New Sculpts"?

Old Sculpts = 1982-2000 (and any figure produced during thoses years that has been rereleased).

New Sculpt = Any new figure mold from Wave 1 JvC and up.

After all they are ALL "G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero" . . says so on the packaging . . .

How about calling them "Old Sculpts" and "New Sculpts"?

Old Sculpts = 1982-2000 (and any figure produced during thoses years that has been rereleased).

New Sculpt = Any new figure mold from Wave 1 JvC and up.

After all they are ALL "G.I. JOE: A Real American Hero" . . says so on the packaging . . .

Too much to type. Just using RAH and JvC is simple enough. I'd venture that most people can figure things out, so confusion should be minimal.