POGOMAN Is Gonna Open A Box

Starscream49

Do you believe he will actually open it?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe he will actually open it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes then he will be corrupted and open everything.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey pogoman,

It looks to me like you've already been branded a traitor by your fellow MISB collectors and have been welcomed and cheered by the Loose collectors...you might as well go all the way and give yourself the satisfaction of seeing personally how this mofo looks in robot mode :D

If you have the courage to open this fig and play with him for a while, then I'll have the courage to buy my first TF figure since the '80s @smilepunch@

Waht do you say? :)

I really like this Alternator Smokescreen and the Scorponok I've seen on another post...those two really impressed me :) I also like the MP Prime, but I think I'm going to ease myself into this new collection :)

I don't understand all this commotion! You're still a MISB collector as long as you get another one and leave it MISB.

Personally, the only reason I can ever see for leaving anything MISB is for those planning to sell their collection later on. Obviously the play value is zilch until it's out of the box, but the resale value down the road is the trade-off. I never saw the fun in TFs w/o playing w/ them. Like someone else on here said, if you're not going to play w/ them then you might as well collect something that can't be played with in the first place, like stamps, coins, plates, etc. Until you take it out of the box, then you're really paying for the box and not what's inside, because until you get to what's inside, the contents of the box are immaterial. Myself, I hate the thought of dropping $7-$90 on a box. Like I said though, if your goal is to take that $7-$90 box, hang onto it for years and years, then sell it for $20-$500, keep it MISB and more power to ya!

That being said, it's always been my plan w/ Binaltech and Alternators to buy 1 BT of each to leave MISB and 1 Alternator to take out and play with. BT makes a great display piece MISB and will also be worth plenty down the road.

There was also a TF Jeep I saw a while back that really impressed...please don't block me from the forum for not knowing the names :) Is he out yet and if not, when should he be making an appearance in toy stores?

There was also a TF Jeep I saw a while back that really impressed...please don't block me from the forum for not knowing the names :) Is he out yet and if not, when should he be making an appearance in toy stores?

That's the Binaltech/Alternator version of Hound. He's the fourth in the line after Smokescreen, Sideswipe (Viper), and Silverstreak(silver Suburu Impreza). All four of these toys look pretty good, but Hound does looks fantastic.

As far as opening/not opening. I've never understood why I'd want any toy in the box unless I plan on selling it. I open them all and display them. Honestly, the value Transformers or any toy has doesn't mean much to me, only how they make me feel. And what fun is a Transformer you never transformed? Wasn't that what made them fun as a child? Or did you guys even keep them in the box back then @lol@

I really like this Alternator Smokescreen and the Scorponok I've seen on another post...those two really impressed me :) I also like the MP Prime, but I think I'm going to ease myself into this new collection :)

You will be impressed by the Hasbro's Alternator (or Binaltech if you can find one)

Thanks for the info ssdus,

anybody have pics of the other alternators in this line besides Hound, and is this line supposed to continue on or will they just release these 4 figures?

pogoman, I'll do my best to find the SS and keep my end of the deal :)

but I'm really diggin that Scorponok :)

Thats the way pogoman!

Tf's are made to be played with.

I could stand a Motu or any other action-figure line being moc but, Transformers?!?!?

You just cannot live without opening them, theres so much to do.

Unless, of course, it was a perfect G1. @bounce@

I have been collecting G1 sealed and new stuff is all Takara's stuff. I like keeping them misb.

I'm happy that hasbro made alternators here in the US, yeah, its plastic but I have to say that Alternators/BT is the best thing that has happened to all TF fans in a long time.

Am I the only one that's still amazed at how far toy technology has come?? Between BT/Alternators and MP Prime, I had no idea just ho poseable blocky, old-school TFs could be while still being affordable! (And yes, given all the die-cast on him, I consider MP Prime affordable for the price.)