The Value Of Empty Boxes

Buzzchuck KJ

My best friend is probably looking at getting a new car cause his old one is shot. So he's gonna need money. Once before he mentioned about possible selling the boxes to his joe stuff on ebay.

So my question is, I'd like to buy the stuff off of him, but I don't know what to offer.

He wants to keep his toys, but he isn't a collector.

So if anyone knows how much boxes are worth let me know either for the lot or individually.

I don't know if he has all of his old boxes, but he has most so here is the list of toys I know he has.

Terror Drome

MCC

Night Blaster (maggot)

Coastal Defender

Triple-T

IMP

STUN

Tiger Cat

Tiger Rat

Eliminator

Vector

Cobra Jet Pack

Buzz Boar

Tomahawk

SLAM

AWE Striker

Phantom X-19

AGP

Destro's Despoiler

(There may also be some top halfs of card backs - like I said I haven't seen whats there, they have been in his attic since we were kids)

Thanks for any help. If I get them I'll let you all know if I am interested in parting with some of the collection.

No, it doesn't help. I'm not asking what makes colletables worth something (supply/willness to pay for it). I'm asking how much have you people seen these things go for. I know what I'm considering offering him, but I also don't want to rip him off. He's been my best friend since I was 6. If he is guarenteed to get more for them on ebay then I'm willing to spend then I'm not gonna buy them.

I know as a kid most of the Flea Market Dealer people got an extra ten bucks for a vehical that had its box. So I tend to think boxes are worth 5-20 bucks depending on size, rarety, and quality.

Has anyone ever seen empty boxes for sale?

i really was being serious, whatever u think is fair, offer, the worse he can say is NO.

i've seen a few boxes for sale, but nothing really expensive. #US1#

ok, thanks. I know boxes aren't real hot iteams, but he probably got boxes to some pretty valueable toys (Terror Drome, MCC, Tomahawk)

Guest gunslingercbr
I know as a kid most of the Flea Market Dealer people got an extra ten bucks for a vehical that had its box. So I tend to think boxes are worth 5-20 bucks depending on size, rarety, and quality.

Has anyone ever seen empty boxes for sale?

there is a difference between the value of a vehicle with the box and the value of the box themselves. boxes add to the value of the vehicle somewhat, so a vehicle that may go for $10 without the box may go for $15 with the box. but that doesn't necessarily mean the box is worth $5, because that $5 is incorporated into the value of the vehicle as well, because the person buying them are buying the vehicle and box combo, and the box adds to the value of the set, not the other way around.

the box may only go for $2 by itself, since it isn't adding to the value of any vehicle. so judging the value of the box can't accuartely be done by judging the asking price for a box and vehicle, because those prices are inherently going to be higher, and your friend isn't selling you those vehicles.

to be honest with you, the boxes alone aren't worth that much, so you should be able to get them for a couple of bucks a piece. now having those boxes may add value to your loose vehicles if you in turn ever want to sell them together, and thus you may get more for the box and vehicles you have as opposed to just the vehicles themselves. but don't confuse the added value of a loose vehicle with box with the value of teh box alone. they are different.

Last year I listed one of my USS Flagg boxes on ebay and I got $150.00 for it..the starting bid was $1.00 with no reserve

I once bought a Defiant Box for about $20.00

I have been wheeeling and dealing to obtain all the boxes I need to rebox my entire loose collection..you can really get most of them really cheap.

but..I am having one hell of a time finding a Zartan box at this time

dude.. boxes ARE valuable, but nor REALLY valuable. I wouldn't plan on getting alot of money for them if I was him.

but I would expect any cool box to go for 5 bucks if its a good item. I don't collect boxes per say.. but I would pay like 5 bucks myself for a Warthog box.

I have seen boxes sold alone on ebay before.

they can go really high if it is a rare item

I sold off all my extra boxes at the end of my bussiness venture a few years ago. I got $2 for some, but some of the rare ones like NF I got up to $50. I also got $120 for a Flagg box, $50 for a killer whale, $60 for a Skystriker. $66 for the Terrordrome. That's all I can remember. This was all done on Ebay and they were all c-8 or better.

Draven #US1#

Thansk guys, that what I wanted to know. I just needed a few prices to use as a reference.