G.i. Joe Spytroops Petition As A Thanks

Tazzzman

I was on this website called petitiononline.com and came accross the following petition:

To: Hasbro, Inc and Reel FX Creative Studios

This petition is intended as a giant "Thank You" to Hasbro and Reel FX for the original animation movie GI Joe: Spy Troops. To show our appreciation for the hard work, and superior product we extend our thanks for a job well done. As fans we applaud the work and appreciate the effort put into bringing back the wonderful storyline of GI Joe to animation.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

I signed it,

Check it out (they are going to deliver this to the company and studio)

http://www.petitiononline.com/st92803/petition.html

Yeah, I liked it for what it was. It wasn't spectacular, but it was entertaining enough. It was about like the Dic cartoons to me, which I don't hate like a lot of people. Any Joe cartoon they make is going to be made with the kids in mind. I thought it was a good effort and would like to see more. I would prefer traditional animation to the CG, but everything is heading that way these days. I can deal with it either way.

It obviously wasn't a great movie but it was pretty good for a made-for-TV cartoon. The 3-D look took me a bit to get used to but eventually I thought it was pretty cool. The story wasn't particularly origional but it was definitely a good start and I hope they do another series or at least a Venom vs. Valor movie.

That movie was certainly on par if not superior to the orignal cartoon. I've been downloading old episodes on Kazaa and they are really pretty cheesey.

#US1#

i signed it and you guys should to!

this was spear-headed by our commander and chief eagle eye joe and you guys need to fall in line and sign the thing.

it's time you all stopped complaining like a bunch of cobras and start showing some love for your country, gi joe style!

come on you guys remind me of the comic book guy from simpsons.

just follow orders for once in your life!

number 167 reporting for duty!

I enjoyed it. Its much better than some other crap bearing the Joe name *cough*Gijoe Movie*cough*DIC*cough*

I think alot of ppl hated it just because the characters were different from what they remembered. Mindbender wasn't ambitious, Beachhead wasn't a drill sergant, ETC WHO CARES??? Its a new universe, its supposed to be new characterization. Yeah its aimed for kids but oh well. Hasbro isn't gonna start making animation for older fans anytime soon so just have low expectations and be suprised

this was spear-headed by our commander and chief eagle eye joe and you guys need to fall in line and sign the thing.just follow orders for once in your life!

Have you lost your damn mind, son? :huh:

I really hope you aren't being serious. If eagle eye joe is our "commander and chief " then I'm moving France. Hell, I'll bet they don't even have Spy Troops the movie in France. Bonus! :wacko:

this was spear-headed by our commander and chief eagle eye joe and you guys need to fall in line and sign the thing.just follow orders for once in your life!

Have you lost your damn mind, son? :huh:

I really hope you aren't being serious. If eagle eye joe is our "commander and chief " then I'm moving France. Hell, I'll bet they don't even have Spy Troops the movie in France. Bonus! :wacko:

take everything snackbar says with a silo of salt. ;)

We should be lucky they gave us anything at all, especially as a freebie on TV and packed in with merchandise at no extra charge.

Every kid I know loves it, and thats good enough for me.

I enjoyed it. Its much better than some other crap bearing the Joe name *cough*Gijoe Movie*cough*DIC*cough*

I think alot of ppl hated it just because the characters were different from what they remembered. Mindbender wasn't ambitious, Beachhead wasn't a drill sergant, ETC WHO CARES??? Its a new universe, its supposed to be new characterization. Yeah its aimed for kids but oh well. Hasbro isn't gonna start making animation for older fans anytime soon so just have low expectations and be suprised

first.. I thought the GiJoe Movie was much better than this.

second, if its a new universe with new characterizations... then just creat all new characters, new designs, new names, and don't call it GiJoe anymore.. because I am tired of them raping everything that was good about GiJoe RAH, and making it horrible.

heres a thought for all you 'this new stuff is good' people. when we were kids we loved the way gi joe was, its what we want, this younger generation crap is stupid, we loved it at that age, kids today will too. gi joe is military, lets get back to hard@$$es who kick the living hell out of cobra! end of story, "lets go get the bad guys dude... i mean duke" 'im sorry what was that beach-head?' "aw man sorry duke im too spliffed from that phatty i rolled before training today." beach-head sucked!! i want the old beach-head kickin @$$ and takin names later.

Why would I thank a company for making something I didn't like....do you think Ebert and Roeper thank movie companies for making movies that they give 2 thumbs down too.......I don't think so.

Plus if anything kids think this is what GI Joe IS now...and that kinda makes me sad...look at all the cool stuff we had when we were younger and now its just getting recycled and thrown back out there for the heck of it..... #US1#

Sorry you can call me a mad fanboy but I'm not thanking someone for making something I personally didn't like.

If Spytroops can be counted as a 'start' for a new series of Joe cartoons then that's like making the funeral arrangements for someone's death before they've even kicked the bucket. I'd rather petition the Academy Awards to get "G.I. Joe: The Movie" an award as best animated film. I'd have been happier if Hasbro hadn't made anything period if they were going to f*** things up. Yeah, the Joe movie was really outlandish but at least it was imaginative and true enough to the series. This thing was just commercialized crap. If Hasbro wants to do another Joe series they should take an example from Transformers and go Anime style.

This CGI BS is for the birds!

We should be lucky they gave us anything at all, especially as a freebie on TV and packed in with merchandise at no extra charge.

The exact point, Last time i looked it was geared towards kids. I did'nt care for it, But if thats what keeps the joes flowing to retail.

#US1#

Yeah. At least they made one and the kids like it. That a good point.

It could have been a lot worst. They could have given snake eye a voice with an italian accent. @smilepunch@

Stop critiquing an animated movie like some kind of film critic, this movie was not designed for the average 25 year old male to sit around and pick out every little thing that is wrong with it...

For example, when I was younger, I thought the GI Joe movie was God's gift to Earth, now, I still enjoy it but do not consider it part of continuity, I realize it was a way to endorse/promote new products and ideas, but back then...did I care? no...

If "fanboys" keep hogging all the decent properties out there (this runs WAY deeper then GI Joe) kids are gonna be snuck with only the new sub-par lines out there, who are we to deny them of some fun?

Stop critiquing an animated movie like some kind of film critic, this movie was not designed for the average 25 year old male to sit around and pick out every little thing that is wrong with it...

For example, when I was younger, I thought the GI Joe movie was God's gift to Earth, now, I still enjoy it but do not consider it part of continuity, I realize it was a way to endorse/promote new products and ideas, but back then...did I care? no...

If "fanboys" keep hogging all the decent properties out there (this runs WAY deeper then GI Joe) kids are gonna be snuck with only the new sub-par lines out there, who are we to deny them of some fun?

Even from a kid's point of view, I think they could have done better. They tried to make too kiddy to the point to where it looked goofy.

Even from a kid's point of view, I think they could have done better. They tried to make too kiddy to the point to where it looked goofy.

Have you watched many of the episodes of G.I.Joe lately? The Gamesmaster episode comes to mind...

-Kevin

I agree, and I'm going to do something I've never done: I'm going to side with Hasbro on this one.

I haven't seen the Spytroops movie, and I don't plan to because I know I won't like it, the same way I know I won't/don't like a lot of the things Hasbro is doing with Joe. But if kids are happy with it then good. Great! I hope they can enjoy Joe the way I did.

Striking a balance between kid appeal/ adult collector appeal is not an easy task. In fact, my theory is that's why toy sales have continued to take a beating year after year. The toy designers are stuck in a kind of limbo in between two markets: one targeting the adult collector and the second targeting the kids. Toy companies probably don't know which way is up or down anymore, and as a result, a lot of the product sucks. When Hasbro started to redo the Joe line, they were venturing into unknown territory, and I bet a lot of the people that suggested it are kicking themselves for ever bringing it up. It's got to be the biggest headache in the world. Let's face it, nobody has ever done it before, it's a legendary toy line, and it has to both appeal to kids who don't know Joe and the adults who know everything. Also consider that never in history have adults collected toys with any regularity until the last ten years or so, even less when you consider the new Joe line. That's a lot of strikes to start out with. With that in mind I'd say they're doing a bang-up job with JvC (thought the RAH reissues leave a lot ot be desired from the adult point of view).

I've also heard the silly theory that Hasbro could simply reissue all the RAH Joe stuff, and they'd have another instant hit on their hands. I see very little real proof of this. In fact, I saw a lot of RAH reissues warming the pegs this past year (Tiger Force/ Python Patrol/ Snowcat/ Conquest/ Rattler/ AWE Striker), while JvC flew off the shelves. Even the 97' (?) stuff sat on shelves--things like the Stinger (with Vypra), the blue/black Rage, the camo Rattler, and the HISS III--all that stuff that suddenly everyone wants now. Some of last year's RAH stuff is still at TRU--even after Christmas. Does that tell you anything? What message do you think Hasbro gets from it?

Hell, RAH was new when we were kids. It was cutting edge. It was something different than the five jointed SW figures we were used to (you old timers know what I'm talking about). And here's something else to think about: when you were a kid, did you want new toys or reissues of the stuff your dad played with? Be honest. My answer: give me RAH Joe over Tinker Toys and Lincoln Logs any day. I wouldn't have even liked reissues of the 60's Joe figures. I know. I saw them. I thought they were dumb and still do, not because they weren't decent toys, but because it wasn't my era. It's also no wonder why some of our younger posters love the JvC stuff. It's their time, and I'm happy for them.

And I also agree with the fact that fanboys have overrun everything. It's pathetic really. We act as if these toy companies owe us something, but guess what? They don't. Just cause we bought their products in the 80's, doesn't mean we have the right to tell them how to run their company or what they're going to make now or in the future. If you want to tell them how to run the show, you'd better buy stock--and a lot of it--or else submit your resume to them if you're such a genius. Hasbro made a cool product back in the day, and we bought it and enjoyed it. End of story. End of obligation from either party. They've moved on to the next generation. We haven't.

Quite honestly, I have yet to see kids show interest in even half of the stuff in toystores, and you know why? Half of it is targeted towards adults. In fact, I don't really even see kids in toystores anymore. It's just a bunch of grown men as far as the eye can see. Grown men looking at Joe. Grown men in the Hot Wheels. Grown men after their MOTU. Grown men after their Marvel Legends, and Justice League, and Lord of the Rings. Grown men standing at the door right at opening time. I know. I'm one of them. The only thing I don't see grown men scooping up is the Power Rangers or Beyblade and the funny thing is, those are the only things I see kids interested in. I'm glad those lines don't cater to us. Frankly, it's evil that any of the toy companies do since we've stolen from the kids the very thing which made our childhood so great--toys.

Wow, you're still here? Jeez, thanks for reading.#US1#

I agree, and I'm going to do something I've never done: I'm going to side with Hasbro on this one.

I haven't seen the Spytroops movie, and I don't plan to because I know I won't like it, the same way I know I won't/don't like a lot of the things Hasbro is doing with Joe. But if kids are happy with it then good. Great! I hope they can enjoy Joe the way I did.

Striking a balance between kid appeal/ adult collector appeal is not an easy task. In fact, my theory is that's why toy sales have continued to take a beating year after year. The toy designers are stuck in a kind of limbo in between two markets: one targeting the adult collector and the second targeting the kids. Toy companies probably don't know which way is up or down anymore, and as a result, a lot of the product sucks. When Hasbro started to redo the Joe line, they were venturing into unknown territory, and I bet a lot of the people that suggested it are kicking themselves for ever bringing it up. It's got to be the biggest headache in the world. Let's face it, nobody has ever done it before, it's a legendary toy line, and it has to both appeal to kids who don't know Joe and the adults who know everything. Also consider that never in history have adults collected toys with any regularity until the last ten years or so, even less when you consider the new Joe line. That's a lot of strikes to start out with. With that in mind I'd say they're doing a bang-up job with JvC (thought the RAH reissues leave a lot ot be desired from the adult point of view).

I've also heard the silly theory that Hasbro could simply reissue all the RAH Joe stuff, and they'd have another instant hit on their hands. I see very little real proof of this. In fact, I saw a lot of RAH reissues warming the pegs this past year (Tiger Force/ Python Patrol/ Snowcat/ Conquest/ Rattler/ AWE Striker), while JvC flew off the shelves. Even the 97' (?) stuff sat on shelves--things like the Stinger (with Vypra), the blue/black Rage, the camo Rattler, and the HISS III--all that stuff that suddenly everyone wants now. Some of last year's RAH stuff is still at TRU--even after Christmas. Does that tell you anything? What message do you think Hasbro gets from it?

Hell, RAH was new when we were kids. It was cutting edge. It was something different than the five jointed SW figures we were used to (you old timers know what I'm talking about). And here's something else to think about: when you were a kid, did you want new toys or reissues of the stuff your dad played with? Be honest. My answer: give me RAH Joe over Tinker Toys and Lincoln Logs any day. I wouldn't have even liked reissues of the 60's Joe figures. I know. I saw them. I thought they were dumb and still do, not because they weren't decent toys, but because it wasn't my era. It's also no wonder why some of our younger posters love the JvC stuff. It's their time, and I'm happy for them.

And I also agree with the fact that fanboys have overrun everything. It's pathetic really. We act as if these toy companies owe us something, but guess what? They don't. Just cause we bought their products in the 80's, doesn't mean we have the right to tell them how to run their company or what they're going to make now or in the future. If you want to tell them how to run the show, you'd better buy stock--and a lot of it--or else submit your resume to them if you're such a genius. Hasbro made a cool product back in the day, and we bought it and enjoyed it. End of story. End of obligation from either party. They've moved on to the next generation. We haven't.

Quite honestly, I have yet to see kids show interest in even half of the stuff in toystores, and you know why? Half of it is targeted towards adults. In fact, I don't really even see kids in toystores anymore. It's just a bunch of grown men as far as the eye can see. Grown men looking at Joe. Grown men in the Hot Wheels. Grown men after their MOTU. Grown men after their Marvel Legends, and Justice League, and Lord of the Rings. Grown men standing at the door right at opening time. I know. I'm one of them. The only thing I don't see grown men scooping up is the Power Rangers or Beyblade and the funny thing is, those are the only things I see kids interested in. I'm glad those lines don't cater to us. Frankly, it's evil that any of the toy companies do since we've stolen from the kids the very thing which made our childhood so great--toys.

Wow, you're still here? Jeez, thanks for reading.#US1#

I wanted the longest quote ever... (Now someone will quote this, Grr Tom-Dash-One, I know it'll be you!)

But I am very glad that you said that. I know who to go to know when I start work on my Masters Thesis... (How educated are you? Your writing actually impresses me, and I'm a smart ass!)

-Kevin

actually, its because Hasbro really screws up almost every re-issue they do.. none of them do RAH justice.

the 97 stuff sat around in some places, but not here.. the figures had pretty low quality for the most part.. but that stuff was far from peg warmers..

the RAHC sold VERY well and is what actually allowed GvC to exist. None of those sat around except for the BigBen/Whiteout 2-pack.. wave 1 was difficult to find right off the bat, and the rest all did well. The HISS 3 did NOT sit around ever.. I saw it for about 3 weeks total, and it was gone forever since. Hasbro killed it on purpose to enable to switch to the newer style stuff and supposedly, retailers did not want the two different series next to each other. (probably to protect easy comparisons of how crappy GvC is)

as for the GvC Real American Hero mold re-issues.. they have fouled up each one by trying to make them fit in with GvC.

right from the beginning we had the Brawler with that big funky missle launcher instead of the awesome machine gun. The Devastator had some ad quality as well.. but both of these sold relatively quickly..

Then the Rattler, Snowcat, AweStriker, Conquest, etc.. these have all been mucked up by changed due to Sound Attack and bad paint jobs on some. The Rattler is not nearly as cool as the original, its missing its rear canopy, has sound attack instead of some missles, and has bad coloring.

then Tiger force was just plain butt-ugly.. horrible paint jobs.

Python Patrol rocked, and there are still some sitting around because of the sheer volume ordered.. I haven't seen 30 plus of any GiJoe item on the shelves ever.. but that's how many Python Patrols showed up on the first nigh my TRU had them.. and those all sold.. then they got alot more..

besides.. what GvC 2-packs have sold better than all others?? the Viper/Alley Viper packs. if a RAH product is done right, it will be more successful than GvC