Stikfas / Xevoz

SideTracker

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found the Shadow Blade / Bone Cutter vs. pack at Toys R Us! Very nice; especially like the Shadow Blade figure. (Who thinks someone out there who "enjoys" custom-painting figures as much as I do is getting at least two of these sets, to paint one Shadow Blade as Snake Eyes and one as Storm Shadow? It does have both styles of mask, more or less...)

I will post pictures of my newest six Xevoz figures, and send more to the Xevoz fan gallery, as soon as I get my extra Sledge Trooper customized... could be a bit, I fear, but worth the wait. I'm especially happy with how my arctic camo Alpha Ranger turned out....

Just got done uploading seven images onto my FTP space. For the sake of post length on this site, I won't post them all as images, but will post the links to these... A few images I will put up include this group shot:

xevoz2_3.jpg

Also, one of my better Bone Cutter custom configurations; I sort of like the look of this biped figure - regal, dignified, in a way.

xevoz2_2.jpg

The others:

http://members.aol.com/rhmagnussn/xevoz2_1.jpg - Shadow Blade plus Arctic Ranger.

http://members.aol.com/rhmagnussn/xevoz2_4.jpg - Custom Sledge Trooper.

http://members.aol.com/rhmagnussn/xevoz2_5.jpg - Arctic Ranger's uniform.

http://members.aol.com/rhmagnussn/xevoz2_6.jpg - Basic Inferno Fury.

http://members.aol.com/rhmagnussn/xevoz2_7.jpg - Alpha Ranger with Arctic Ranger armor and weapons.

I've been looking a little more at the ToyFair images, and noticing the following image of the battle case:

DSCN5254.JPG

Number one, the large green buttons appear to be used for the dice - I guess you press them, and the dice spin and stop on one of the six glyphs. Sort of cool for Xevolvers on the road... I also noticed two new species icons on the map, sort of a handprint and a canine head. I wonder of either (or both) of these is related to Genok? (Also, wondering where the space is to store Xevoz parts...)

For some reason, the Xevoz site itself doesn't seem to be working properly... It's hopefully either because they're updating a lot of content or bandwidth is being used up by those accessing the site.

Just two updates: One, the current sale is buy $20 worth of Xevoz toys at Toys R Us (and amazon.com), get a basic set free.

Two, ToyFare published the best images thus far of new Xevoz toys shown at Toy Fair... First of all, the figure with the battle case is not Genok as Ravage1976 theorized, but is apparently officially called "Iron Specter" or "Iron Phantom." Other figures previewed were Storm Flyer (the avian Meta-Beast), Shield Breaker (the green/black figure which I guess is in fact a Neo Sapien - reminds me of the Halo character Master Chief for some reason), Cryo (something) (the ice elemental), and Gun Slinger (the cowboy type character, who a disagree about being an Unnatural. You could have a Neo Sapien "witch hunter"...)

I did not purchase this issue of ToyFare, so I'm winging it with some of the names. If anyone has this issue (cover stories: Punisher/Spider-Man and the GI Joe movie), please scan it in for us...

[One more update - 007.00, in the Xevolution board, points out that Xevoz.com has its latest parts available in the Parts Exchange.]

Thanks for credit Sidetracker!

The parts exchange is indeed for the website only. You play the games, get as much XEDS (currency) as possible and then buy parts to make your own figure. Then if you want you can have it battle opponents. I suggest you check it out. It's a nice idea :)

• 2 weeks later...

I found the Omega Guard and Grim Skull sets over the weekend!

Both were $10 at TRU, instead of $11 for SledgeTrooper or Inferno Fury, and had a red banner on top of the card, saying Value Zone!

Omega Guard:

Good set. It's a yellow Alpha Ranger with blond head parts. He also comes with some repainted Sledge Trooper parts:

chest, upper arms, upper legs, claw hand, saw hand, axe hand, gun hand, and brain head (no faceplate or antenna).

Grim Skull:

Good set too. It's a black Skulljack with translucent blue (icy) weapons. He comes with some repainted Inferno Fury parts:

wings, spear, sword, lower arms, lower legs, front backpack straps, eyeball head, missile (but no launcher), and thumb pieces from the large claws.

Both are highly recommended for the price and because they rock.

I agree, these sets rock. The biggest surprise for me was finding that both came with a Battle Terrain map - not the nice foldover one the SB vs BC set came with, but simply 2-sided, and both came with the same map, so I discarded one for space purposes. But still, pretty nice. As I had neither a duplicate of Skull Jack nor Inferno Fury, I worked with and paint-detailed Grim Skull first; the inclusion of the IF "thumbs" is a bit of a head-scratcher, but overall very, very well done. Omega Guard's uniform, without the armor plates, reminds me a lot of Bruce Lee's jumpsuit (see also Kill Bill - just need a katana that ISN'T bright green). I notice both sets make use of the brownish grey Hasbro seems to like for repaints, including the Transformers Armada Nemesis Prime and the Energon Unicron. Overall, should tide me over to some level until the official launch of Wave 2...

Omega Guard's uniform, without the armor plates, reminds me a lot of Bruce Lee's jumpsuit (see also Kill Bill - just need a katana that ISN'T bright green).

YES! I thought the same thing!! It's pretty cool!

Glad to see you're still around, Sidetracker. I got a little worried when the Xevoz thread wasn't updated in a few days.

Meh, I sort of felt odd about being the only one posting to this topic, especially if there was no major news. I've been to the Golden Gonzo Xevolution board (see link above) more, as MXC-087 (and Temporarily Offline MXC087, when I'm away from my own computer). The moment I find a Dune Stinger or a Sky Grinder, et al., I'll be one of the first to post (I assume they'll ship to the coasts first)....

Hey Hey Hey!!! Theres this neat movie made with xevos figures on their website made with a neat poram called zipster, and theres a link to zipster's site there, and it has other neat movies made with varios toys wich are neat, and there is a cool contest for making xevoz movie. I wont get into details but there are cool prizes.

MONKEY IN MAH PANTS!!!!

I just got a few of these for my birthday and they're pretty sweet! I got the two-pack w/ bone cutter and shadow blade, and razorclaw. They're all really cool, and the game is more fun than I thought it would be. I really hope hasbro markets this line well, and starts selling this line at walmart and/or target, cuz I want almost all of 'em! :)

Just got my first Xevoz! My g/f got me the Alpha Ranger for Easter(we did Easter baskets for each other). He rules and just makes me want more. Of course, since I only have one I can't battle, but I'll get another next week.

Attention all xevoz fans! Attention all xevoz fans! I was just looking around the internet for shock bersercker news (Because he is one of my personal favorites!) and I found a site called goodstufftogo.net and on it i found that shock berserker and dune stinger are for sale !!! I saw the real packaging! And as alittle side note the magnet hand is as big as his torso maybey bigger!

MONKEY IN MAH PANTS!!!!

I'm gonna pick up the Shadow Blade/Bone Cutter 2pack this weekend, and hopefully the Sledge Trooper. I could kick myself for not getting into them when the 2 for 1 sale was on. One thing that irks me, is that the Bone Cutter is in a 2 pack. Not that I don't want the Shadow Blade, but I'd like an army of the Bone Cutters. Imagine getting 4 or 5 and making a *huge* bug! If anything, I would have packed the Alpha Ranger with him. *shrugs* Oh well, I'll buy them all anyway.

btw, I saw the Omega Guard/Bruce Lee/Kill Bill comparison and I thought I'd point this out. If you strip the Alpha Ranger down to just the blue jumpsuit, use the reg. hair head(ie: not the top knot or the helmet), and give him the pistol, you've got a fairly cool James Bond.

On another side note, are we going to get females in the line? That'd be super cool.

Maybe females one day....a queen Sectoid is due sooner or later! @smilepunch@

You have seen the new figures coming out, right?

http://www.afigures.com/g/?mode=album&albu...s_Xevoz&start=0

Is anybody else curious why the Grimskull there is different from what we currently have available? Or is that gonna be Grimskull2 or something?