Stikfas / Xevoz

SideTracker

I just happened to find a small corner of Toys R Us, next to the Energon Transformers (mostly Prime and some basics), where the new compilation between the Stikfas company and Hasbro had shipped - quite an interesting toy idea here. Stuck with the unwieldy name of Xevoz, these figures are quite a bit larger than Stikfas (and thus won't exchange parts with them), but with quite a bit more detail and structure. There is a dice-rolling / collecting game built in, similar to what Hasbro/Takara had done with the Medabots toys, but more sophisticated in that you can customize the die itself. I picked up a Razorclaw (wonder if the name was deliberately reused from the Transformers line?), which consists of a large, black generic anthro cat, with two heads (one with closed mouth and ears up, one with ears back and opening mouth with fangs), three sets of hands (spread with claws, ready to hold accessories, and for some odd reason, boxing gloves), armor for the chest and loincloth, shoulder plate, forearm plate, and leg plate; also, a big sword and axe, claw weapon, some other weapon without claws, and seven parts for the 6-sided dice. Pretty cool figure, with 14 ball-jointed points of articulation (15 with the mouth); it's also designed to interchange figure and dice parts with any other Xevoz set. The manual and catalog shows Razorclaw, a skeleton pirate thing, a ninja, a human soldier (appropriately called Alpha Ranger), a fire elemental looking guy, an cool insect character, and a generic robot. I fully intend to get the human characters, insect, and fire elemental at least; may even pick up another Razorclaw, and instead of using the stickers, custom paint it. Looks like this one is shaping up to be a very cool figure line...

Anyone seen this one, or any of the newer Stikfas? I'm still looking for the Delta Female with dragon, myself...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bought quite a few of the Xevoz boosters. They are incredible! I can't wait for the rest of them to come out. I could personally care less about the game but the figures are nice. I now wish that Stikfas were in the 5" range.

Which sets have you found so far? I need to try to find more myself... (Oh, and I'm assuming Hasbro did in fact reuse the name Razorclaw from the Transformers franchise, as his name is the only one in the catalog that's a registered trademark.)

I have got the two of the Skulljack (skeleton), two of the Razorclaws and four of the Alpha Rangers. I can get them from my place of employment for $5.00 a piece. So I've gone Xevoz crazy. Unfortunately we only can get the boosters. I can't wait for that Ninja-looking dude in the deluxe set. Just an FYI the Alpha ranger comes with 3 different heads! I love the possibilaties of this line. Lots of fun!

I had no idea they were larger than Stikfas. You mean to tell me that a $9 "model kit" (a.k.a. unassembled action figure) only makes a generically black plastic 3" figure?? Man, what a rip! Incredible how nowadays people will pay more to have to assemble something themselves than for a regular figure. Toy companies have gotta be loving this trend! But, I digress. Don't you guys feel a little ripped off paying that much for those? I mean, look at what else is competing in that price range: LOTR, TMNT, MOTU, GI Joe, TFs, Gundam, etc. It just doesn't seem like you get a lot of toy for your money compared to the others. I would probably only pick these up for parts in building customs; the genericism is good for that at least.

Where on earth did you get the fire elemental and sledge robot, GTA? I was under the impresson that only the boosters were out so far. That's cool, perhaps I might find some more when I'm on vacation this weekend.

I found them last week (and there's a few left yesterday still) at the Times Square TRU in NYC.

I've seen Razorclaw and the soldier at my local TRU, but no Skulljack yet.

NOTE: Have you search on Ebay for Xevoz? Two new sets come up: another human and another skeleton! Check it out!

I only saw the Skull Jack and Razorclaw figures, myself... For now the skeleton figure doesn't really appeal to me, but we shall see. After working with Razorclaw's stickers, I did remove everything but the one on the chestplate and on one side of the sword, and used my acrylic (and sparing use of enamel) paints to give it a semidetailed face, dark grey stripes on its back, grey fur on the chest and abdomen, and slight grey on top of the hands and feet, plus a very nice black wash to bring out the detail of the armor and weapons, with some silver wash as well. When I'm able I will upload images...

Hasbro has finally launched Xevoz.com... Sort of interesting, check it out, maybe. [The site almost makes me think that Hasbro intends this to compete with Bionicle...]

As for those images I promised, the lighting isn't the best, but here's my customized figure - unlike the Stikfas I just applied stickers to, I'll probably paint my Xevoz figures...

Armored, with other figures for comparison:

http://members.aol.com/rhmagnussn/razrclw1.jpg

Unarmored, with sword:

http://members.aol.com/rhmagnussn/razrclw2.jpg

According to the website, it's about $8 for the basics (Skull Jack, Razorclaw, and Alpha Ranger), about $10 for the deluxes (Inferno Fury and Sledge Trooper), and $15 for the two-pack of Bonecutter and, ah, the ninja guy; apparently this set also has terrain maps with it.

Quickshift, I agree with you about Stikfas being slightly pricey; of course, that $10 does get not only the figure itself, but accessories for a specific theme, such as soldier, samurai, etc. ... Obviously, the samurai is among my favorites, but yeah, I'd almost rather pick up some more Basic or Deluxe Transformers for that $10... [or, if I can find them, Xevoz... and more acrylic paint...]

That website's cool! I only took a cursory glance at it, but here is something interesting:

Go to World of Xevoz

Then Species

And click each species, you'll get tiny character art for some new characters.

Unnaturals: Skulljack and Hemogoblin

Neo-Sapiens: the soldier and ninja...forgot names

Biomecha: Sledge Trooper

HyperFuries: Infernofury and Shock Berserker

Sectiods: Bonecutter and Dune Stinger

Meta-Beasts: Razorclaw and Moon...something

The new guys are in red....duh.

I know I do. Like customizing Stikfas and especially Xevoz figures... (Don't usually do much with Stikfas except put 'em together and add decals, admittedly...) Just picked up an Alpha Ranger, and applied a similarly involved black paint wash to the character for a weathered / combat experienced look. In addition, I painted the faces on all three heads - don't really like the Zippy the Pinhead ... head, but fairly nice figure overall. I'll have to post images of both figures later, I guess... Still planning to get a second Razorclaw and totally redo it in cheetah colors. I would've gotten one today, but I did win the contest on Xevoz.com (which explains it's pronounced ZEE-vos), so I'm mostly waiting for whatever figure they send... Another Razorclaw would be ideal, still don't have Skull Jack, not sure how I'd repaint another Alpha Ranger...

[by the way, I saw that about the new characters - the wolf character is Moon Slasher, very much looking forward to that; the soldier is obviously Alpha Ranger (nice Stikfas reference, as the original military-themed characters were called the Alpha Male figure), and the ninja's Shadow Blade... Geez, why is Xevoz.com's Flash content running so unusably slow lately? Actually, most of the site...]

Although nobody specifically requested it, here's a photo of all four of my current Xevoz figures together... Yeah, I broke down and got another Razorclaw and a Skull Jack. (Sorry, Skull Jack only LOOKS like he glows in the dark.) Let me know what you think...

xevoz1.jpg

GTA wrote:

NOTE: Have you search on Ebay for Xevoz? Two new sets come up: another human and another skeleton! Check it out!

Interesting... these are repaints of the Alpha Ranger and Skull Jack figures, bundled with parts from the Sledge Trooper and Inferno Fury figures, respectively. Interesting sets... (I notice the online Parts Exchange at xevoz.com does have some repainted parts available... maybe they're from these.)

Does anyone have pictures of the figures of the new guys? like shock beserker and moon stalker... all ive found on them is little artworks of them on xevoz.com

That's all I know so far too. Maybe Ebay one day...it's always worth checking.

I finally found Skulljack over the weekend!! I LOVE THIS GUY!!! He can just be a basic skeleton figure if you wanted, which is nice, but there's tons of extra parts to go insane! Two flintshock guns...nice touch. Pegleg and hookhand....fun! I may buy a second.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update - just found and purchased the Deluxe figures Sledge Trooper (Biomecha) and Inferno Fury (Metafury). Very nice figures, but as for the missile launchers, I wish they had "real" triggers instead of having to push the end of the missile to one side - they fire too easily accidentally, and with the strength at which they launch, that could be quite dangerous. I painted up S.T. with my usual paint washing, dry brushing, detailing, etc.; however, the paint won't adhere to the transparent plastic of I.F., so I just used the stickers to customize that one. (There are two stickers with Xevoz symbols that read "BLAZING SWORD" for his sword hilt; however, the peg on the back of the hilt means only the other side can use this sticker.) Sort of wish Inferno's backpack had holes to accomodate weapon pegs, etc. ...

Long story short, I or another board member will make double dizzamed sure to post when the Shadow Blade / Bone Cutter set shows up... and then of course is Wave 2....