Wow - Check Out The Price!!!!

Prowl

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...egory=2467&rd=1

Honestly, I know Quick Kick is a popular character, but I would never spend over $2,000 on ONE figure. I wonder if the seller inflated this auction because my oh my, these guys would have paid anything for him....

Not long ago, I read in the USA Today that Michael Jackson's daily spending just for the upkeep of fruitcake ranch is something in the ballpark of $270, 000 a day. Yeah, you read that right. Thousand. But maybe they had their facts wrong....

Spending two grand on Quick Kick reminds me of that. When you've gotten to that point, you're not a collector anymore. You're an addict. Two thousand dollars on a single figure. Whether the winning bid is BS or not, some people with higher feedback numbers did bid well into the thousands. And we wonder why so many people in poor, third world countries hate westerners.

Whoever bid that is an idiot, and only serves to prove what toy grading does to the industry. There are a lot of repeat-bids from a few people with low feedback, so I suspect that there may have been some seller-induced shill bidding to gouge up the price. There's no way Quick Kick is worth 1/10 that price, graded or not.

They could pay me $500.00 (or much less) to just steal it from the winning bidder. @propeller@

You know what I think I will just do it for free just for the hell of it.

Could you imagine paying that much and then coming home one day to see an empty spot on your "I paid too much for this crap" shelf! Oh hold me back guys!

If a graded Quick Kick is worth that much, I am shuddering to see how much a graded Storm Shadow or Snake Eyes would end up going for

Jeez, I can't believe someone would pay that for the GREY FILE CARD!!!??

I bought a grey file card moc storm shadow for $20 at a local antique store back in 1998, and I was DISAPPOINTED that it wasn't peach!! (Well, at least until I found out idiots would pay up to 600 bills for one, not that I'm ever sellin' this baby!!)

P.S. Do real joe fans ever sell their MOC's? Just wondering

If a graded Quick Kick is worth that much, I am shuddering to see how much a graded Storm Shadow or Snake Eyes would end up going for

Funny you should mention that...

AFA 90 Storm Shadow

and even funnier that it's not more that QK.

Man, where do people get this kind of dough to spend on toys? I spend that over a YEAR span and not on one toy @smilepunch@

Still, I am a little surprised to see that SS couldn't end up being higher than Quick Kick - go figure

Honestly, I know Quick Kick is a popular character, but I would never spend over $2,000 on ONE figure. I wonder if the seller inflated this auction because my oh my, these guys would have paid anything for him....

yep...thats a mite steep for me lol!

That's kinda funny. I hadn't realized that the figure sold before.

I found it the other day on ebay with a buy it now of $9.99 and $390.01 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6&category=2467

I wonder how many times the seller will sell this figure? There is no mention of it being relisted. Is this a good seller going bad?

I have one word...Shill Bidder (wait that is 2 :huh:) Who knows, maybe this guy really really wanted it but I think you can get MOC AFA graded Storm Shadow v1, Snake Eyes v2, and a Crimson Guard for well under 2K.

I am a little suspect of the seller considering he was selling a figure for 9.99 then adding 390.01 for S/H. That is actually against eBay policy and should be reported since it is abuse of the S/H fees.