What Kinda Things Attracted You To Luv He-man?

dreamer

Well, when you were a kid, what kinda things attracted you to He-man? I mean at that time, G.I.Joe, Transformers.. etc are blooming across the world, out of all the toys and characters you can like, why He-man or other MOTU characters?

Why do you like the classic toy? How many figures were ever produced? How about vehicles? playsets? How did the line distinguish itself to become one of the best selling line?

Why do you like the classic show? I want to know something about the classic show, did they clearly seperate the groups like He-man, Skeletor, Snakemen and Hordak? Do Skeletor, Snakemen and Hordak work together since they are grouped as bad guys? I was too young to remember all the details... so can anyone help?

Also I wanna find a site with some history about the line. Can anyone give me some help? I heard that the original He-man is just a reject from the Conan the Barbarian line. Is that true too?

THANKS!

Well it is 2:15 a.m. ....but here i go.

Kid attraction - Dunno. It was just cool. I am sure I just got into the show & then wanted the figures (as Mattel wanted at the time)

Classic toy - looks kinda pale now when compared to the new MOTU line. Still - lots of cool figures. I seem to remember the vehicles being cool to. There hasn't been a vehicle in the new line that I want. (of course even if I was in my twenties when the original line came out...I probably wouldn't have bought those vehicles)

They are fun to play with though! Dunno about production numbers.

Classic show was entertaining at the time. I downloaded one episode the other day and it was amazing how simple it was in terms of plot. There is PLENTY of good writing in those shows...but I haven't seen but maybe 5 episodes in the last 15 years. I don't recall how the Snakemen were tied in with Skeletor in terms of plot.

Hordak was actually released in the MOTU line....but was featured in the She-Ra line. I was fortunate that my sister was a big She-Ra fan & close in age....so we had He-Man and She-Ra (castles included) spread ALLL over the floor. Naturally I liked the Hordak part of the show, so I had those guys.

he-man.org has some info about the show. Personally, I don't like the website & think the HTML is on crack...but that is my personal opinion.

I never got into the toy as a kid. I was into Transformers and GIJoe to much. I did like the cartoon and watched it everyday and even got into the comics. For the new line it was cause I was covering them for the site and just started to really get into the new sculpted figures. Also I really like the new cartoon. IMO its one of the best toons on today and actually better than the orginal, which unfortunely I cant say for Transformers.

the playsets and the retro setting grabbed my attention as a kid. You could play with those figures and nothing would break them. Water, dirt, drop them (some of them), unlike G.I.Joe and TFs which broke very easily.

What started me on He-Man was when my sister got me his figure for the Christmas of '83. I really thought he was a cool figure, and when I saw other kids with more toys from the line, I really enjoyed the designs and the whole sword and sorcery thing. I really have a great memory as to when I saw Man-At-Arms for the very first time in the second grade during show and tell. I loved that toy. There are many stories (also the one about the kid who lived across the street who had practically the whole collection. I think this was due to having divorced parents.)

Ah, I miss those days. Days when figures weren't shortpacked and the aisles were always full of stuff.

I was into every toy as a kid but He-man was cool cause the action fit the name. Stinkor really smelled. Plus they looked cool cause no toy had their look.

TF-robots

Joes-military

etc etc etc

I liked them because they were bigger figures. I didn't lose them or their weapons as easily as I did my Star Wars and Joe figures. Plus, they didn't break as easily as Transformers.

The line also featured cool castles and a freakin' Slime Pit. Man, I loved that old Slime Pit. I haven't picked up the modern one, because it's just wrong.

Plus, you could snap off the arms on most of the figures. I can't tell you how many times He-Man cut everyone's arms off to win a battle. I watched Luke and Vader battle way too much in my youth, methinks.

It's wretched what Mattel has done and continues to do with this line. If they'd start marketing to the people that actually buy the line, we'd be set and topics pertaining to He-Man wouldn't devolve into flamefests.

But, such is life.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE