Speed Racer Had More Kills Than Gi Joe!

Sephiroth

So there I was, sitting on my couch and flipping through the channels on TV last night. I get to the Speed Channel and an old episode of Speed Racer is on and I figured I watch a little bit of it. Anyway, it's the episode where Speed racer and friends are all tied up and the really bad guy tells Racer X that he has a special mission for him...to execute the good guys. Racer X begins shooting, but he shoots the ropes of the good guys and allows them to escape. The bad guy call his faceless minions to attack Racer X and the good guys and Racer X starts mowing 'em down like Rambo! Then Speed Racer's car breaks through the room and runs down several more minions. Then it went to a commercial and I was stuck there with my jaw in my lap.

How the hell did Speed Racer get away with the kills in the 70's when GI Joe had to have everyone parachute out of helicopters and stuff just to avoid giving the impression that anyone died? I just don't get it. Anyway, anyone see something like this?

The hippie freaks, like a Bill Clinton and Hillary (whatever the hell her maiden name was) from the 60's revolution, came of age by the late 70's and 80's and all their whacky concepts and ANTI everything attitudes followed them and their ilk.

Suddenly everything that was considered "normal" or acceptable for 2 or 3 decades before, was now being thought of as what contributed to all the problems of the 60's.

Bugs Bunny cartoons were even too violent! :rolleyes:

Now that we've eliminated these types of programs and cracked down on just about everything possible that the youth of the world USE to be able to engage in...we've got what? MORE freaking violent kids? @haha@

Let'em watch Bugs and violent Johnny Quest cartoons, and when they're 18...let'em get stupid and drunk as much as they want, so they get it out of their systems before they're 20 or 21 and needing to focus on other things. Hell, for that matter, let'em drink at 14, 2 years BEFORE they're even legal to drive. By then they'll have partied and puked to their hearts content and be done with it! ;)

Let'em watch Bugs and violent Johnny Quest cartoons, and when they're 18...let'em get stupid and drunk as much as they want, so they get it out of their systems before they're 20 or 21 and needing to focus on other things. Hell, for that matter, let'em drink at 14, 2 years BEFORE they're even legal to drive. By then they'll have partied and puked to their hearts content and be done with it! ;)

It worked for me and look how I turned out... ;) @cool@