Garbage Man, Baxter Stockman, Ect.

Ok, I have to honestly say that I DID NOT like the garbage man episode of the new show, or the character that much. However I do have the whole first season and I'm also a freak about collecting every main hero, villain, important character that appears in a show that by all logic SHOULD be made.

So how come some characters make the cut and others don't? I'm just asking is all. Even if I didn't like the guy, I'd still like a fig to display so as to have a more complete feeling set. Baxter Stockman of course is a great example of a character who by now has earned several figs, and they don't get made.

I remember the huge waves of Turtle toys in the old days as a little kid. They seemed to have everybody, related to an episode or not. Is it too expensive, too troublesome to distribute all those figs? I thought Playmates used to do killer at giving you all your heart could desire. What's up? Bad times? Lack of motivation?

btw I did find garbageman, but in those stupid little racer sets. I suppose I could say they're making an effort after all in one sense, but well....

I totally agree with you I dislike garbadge man allot but I really do want a toy of him I am sure we will get a big one at some point.

he will be in another episode this new season on fox....so he and baxter may just have chances of being made I say it's more licky that we will see some sort of mega figures line. with people like a big version of nano, garbadge man, & robo baxter stockman.

on a side note they are making a mini baxter stockman figure so we may even see a normal sized version of normal baxter.

Vaughn Michael

Garbage Man sucked! that entire episode sucked! Nuff said!

Anyways baxer is the only real one we should be pissed about I mean its not like they have to make every frilln charecter that comes along

Yo synch, I agree with you like nothing else, but I'm just thinking of the little kid in me that I left behind that would have liked to have that guy even if he did suck. Yes garbageman was uglier and stupider than Barney on crack (actually that might be funny), but my only concern is the old days when the toy collections were FULLER and left nothing out.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I guess I won't lose any sleep over not getting garbage-breath. Stockman, on the other hand deserves at least the Tech version to be put out. Talking figure or light up might be nice, but well, I doubt it :P That's all I mean. If Bax doesn't get it, I think it's a bad sign for many other cool or not so cool characters that might come out.

I thought the entire episode was bad not just him but espicly him @loll@

Threatening to throw mic in the water OOHhh nnoooo

5 seconds lattter they all dive in #WTF# @pow@ @loll@

If they do do a baxer I think android version would be the best choice, I'm sure they could do it in such a way where you could yoink the normal figure out of it as well

The old line did *not* put out a figure of every character, sorry to say. While they did do a lot of characters, that's really because the toyline was *primary*, and the cartoon promoted the toyline, by taking Playmates characters, and using them to populate the stories. In the new toyline, Laird and the cartoon team are creating the storylines for the cartoon, and Playmates is adapting them into the toyline.

Wat we're also seeing with the new line is that Playmates will be a year behind the cartoon in terms of figures it produces. The Foot Mystics, Elite guards, Fugitoid, and the Triceratons, they'll all be out a long time after their first appearance on the cartoon. So Baxter and Garbageman, both who are still do for more "evolving" in Season 2, may not be on Playmates' list this year, but perhaps they'll rank in 2005, when their Second Season appearances can be used to dictate how the toys will look. Point: Be patient. The old line looks wonderful in hindsight, but bashing the new line (even just a lil bit) is being blind to the fact that the old line was produced over 5-8 years, and this line has had exactly six waves of figures... be fair, and patient.

I was not bashing the new line. Believe me, you won't find anybody who's happier about the new line than me! But I do see your point that I had not considered, that the next season's roster of figures will include those seemingly forgotten characters. I hope that is the case, and if so I can be plenty patient for them.

And Raphael Rules, even if his name does end in L.

Tragg's rock minions. All the Nuetrinos, I'm pretty sure we didn't get any of the Purple Dragons, who were part of the premier episode, or the punk-rat mutant from the first season).

I think that's enough for the moment. Point is, nothing is 100% absolute. To exhonrate the old line, and not be patient with hte new one isn't cool. Luckily, everyone in this thread has been fair, if just a little fuzzy in memory.

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Canada, I talked to a friend of mine who says that Baxter Stockman, Neutrions, will be availible in Winter 2004 Wave. Sice they release a set of figures every three to four months. Also in 2005 Playmates Toys will be releasing a limited edition character called Usagi which is the White Ninja Rabbit I believe who is in season 2 towards the end. Let me confirm this info from Matt at Playmates for ya all! TTFN

Here in Canada, I talked to a friend of mine who says that Baxter Stockman, Neutrions, will be availible in Winter 2004 Wave.  Sice they release a set of figures every three to four months.  Also in 2005 Playmates Toys will be releasing a limited edition character called Usagi which is the White Ninja Rabbit I believe who is in season 2 towards the end.  Let me confirm this info from Matt at Playmates for ya all!  TTFN

Well, your friend is smoking the crack rock. Since the Neutrinos were from the old show and will never appear in the new one. Playmates has been sniffing around about Baxter though. And figures are coming faster then every three to four months.

Usagi is not a limited edition figure, he is a regular edition figure. That's already been on the figure lists for months. And yes, he appears in the end of the second season, in the 4-part Storyarc "The Big Brawl." Usagi and Splinter in Cryo-Tube are the only two figures on the original list who have never been seen. :)

For whatever it's worth, in response to an older post here, there were indeed Neutrinos made in the old line. Zak and Kala, to be specific, and you can find pictures of them in the old line pics on the official site. Unless I misunderstood the post and what Straight Edge meant was that we didn't get ALL of them, as in every single one, because then he would be right.

I vote for Raphael for next mayor of NYC. Clean up them streets!!

There were two versions of Zak, one from the regular line and one from the toon turtles set. They also made a Dask in the toon turtles.

With Baxter, i think Playmates is planning on releasing a large figure set like what Oroku Saki said. The thing is that with baxter Stockman's appearance constantly changing, it may be unwise to release a figure of one version of Baxter when another is soon to appear in the cartoon.

The other theory that comes to mind is that they may just make one figure based on the final version of Baxter (whatever it may be) and will not be releasing it until that version of Baxter appears in the cartoon (to prevent spoilers). A bit like the fly Baxter from the old series after are, we never saw a human baxter ever come to light.

But one thing is for sure is that Baxter will definately make it to the toy scene so I guess we all just have to be patient.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE