So Who's Going To Be Next?

Mike Bock

I think I heard a while back that we were getting a Bruce Wayne figure in the next wave. But I could be wrong....it doesn't matter anyway cause I can't find the secondary characters to save my life. I have Joker and Robin but I have never seen Mr. Freeze...and I doubt I'll see Croc @grumpy@ This line is worse than MOTU in some ways......mattel makes some really crappy decisions sometimes.......there is so many characters in the bat-universe....this line could be great.... @grumpy@

I doubt this will ever happen, but I would like a figure of the arsonist Firefly similar to the Bruce Timm design made for the Batman: TAS and the JL cartoons.

Another unlikely fig I'd like to see done is the murderer Zssazz (I have no idea how to spell that)....the guy who has slashes all over his body.

I think the Riddler was being considered for the next wave..him or Two-Face.

I think the line in general would have benefited from *more* 4H sculpts. All they've really done are the initial BAt, Joker, Freeze, and Croc (I think). In house Mattel sculptors did Robin and Nightwing, and are responsible for all the hideous BAt-suits we've seen, and will continue to see.

Why? Why not put the Horsemen to work, and have a line of diverse but consistent figure sculpts, that fans and even kids would actually want!?

Eh. Mattel has been behind the times since the 80's,. They ran the original MOTU line like a bootleg dollar store line, cutting corners at every opportunity, and they have *never* had a hit toyline (MOTU was a fluke in its day), and have absolutely no skill at marketing a toyline.

Batman should be one of the top five toylines, simply by name recognition.. instead, it lingers on shelves, and has an unsteady fan loyalty after only one wave of figures. That's ##$%$#ed!

If Mattel were smart, they'd comission sculpts of Riddler, Catwoman, Commissioner Gordon, Batgirl, Penguin, Two Face, Harley Quinn, and, hell, even decent sculpts of Nightwing and Robin, and call it a day!

I think the line in general would have benefited from *more* 4H sculpts.  All they've really done are the initial BAt, Joker, Freeze, and Croc (I think).  In house Mattel sculptors did Robin and Nightwing, and are responsible for all the hideous BAt-suits we've seen, and will continue to see.

Why?  Why not put the Horsemen to work, and have a line of diverse but consistent figure sculpts, that fans and even kids would actually want!?

Eh.  Mattel has been behind the times since the 80's,.  They ran the original MOTU line like a bootleg dollar store line, cutting corners at every opportunity, and they have *never* had a hit toyline (MOTU was a fluke in its day), and have absolutely no skill at marketing a toyline.

Batman should be one of the top five toylines, simply by name recognition.. instead, it lingers on shelves, and has an unsteady fan loyalty after only one wave of figures.  That's ##$%$#ed!

If Mattel were smart, they'd comission sculpts of Riddler, Catwoman, Commissioner Gordon, Batgirl, Penguin, Two Face, Harley Quinn, and, hell, even decent sculpts of Nightwing and Robin, and call it a day!

Not that im a fan but Barbie IS a figure line and IS a highly profitable product from mattel, so the fact that everyone is pissed that Mattel use a "girls" line of figures highly availble above mine and many others(bats,MOTU) favourites is dissapointing but perhaps its down to Mattels finance departments calcuations on what they sell in ratios,E.G. Joker ,robin virtually impossible to find but martial arts batman EVERYWHERE, surely both they and there "customers"(walmart,comic shops etc.) can make the solution of sayin get these villains and secondary characters made more availble and hopefully make more profit and keep both lines alive

I personally think the next wave should be a villians wave with a few deluxe batmans...but then thats the dream of all of us batman collectors

true.

Even the batmobile was not that great looking. The line could also use some playsets but at the size of the figures...it probably won't happen.

I personally think the next wave should be a villians wave with a few deluxe batmans...but then thats the dream of all of us batman collectors

I wish Mattel would consider that for at least one wave series and see what happens. I know they would probably want some form of another Batman included in the wave but I think most of the stores would have that problem covered in the form of still having the unsold Batmans on the pegs and in that way they wouldn't have to worry about not having a Batman represented in the wave.

If the all villain line doesn't work for Mattel, then they won't have to do it again. Just a dream I guess and also our nightmare. Thanks Mattel! @firedevil@

Yeah thats very true,Mattel thinks that a line will sell better if there are more figs of the main character ,which is pretty stupid cause, parents aren't going to buy kids only Batmans to play with and the kid eventually is going to want a villian to play with as well but won't be able to find one cause problem with case ratios, so he is going to buy another line of figs that he likes and finds.

And what about the Batman hardcore collectors, more shitty costumes that suck no one is going to buy them.The same thing happens with Spider-man figures, too many Spideys out there.

MATTEL is time oyu wake up!!!! @grumpy@

I bought the Sky Strike Deluxe Batman and i have to say its a great fig...its got everything articulation, cool looking colors on the suit ( black and blue), and the glider is like the one he uses in the batman comics...i hope they make more villians the next time around

Catwoman, Riddler and Penguin are must haves. But I don't want to see them made if Mattel won't put them out in decent ratios. I have seen several parents frustrated at not being able to find Robin for their sons. It is obvious that parents and kids want to see more than just Batman. Why can't Mattel see that?

So true, Mattel must have the worst marketing and R&D departments in the toy industry today. You wanna know where Mattel put the majority of their time and efforts this pasty year? Flavas dolls. Those sad stereotypical ghetto fabulous emabarrased that they even make em dolls, and Mattel has lost millions on em. Gee I wonder why?. Have you guys seen these? for those that haven't they come in grafitti covered packaging with a street corner base in which they all get to hang out and loiter. #WTF# @hmmm@