The Hell Of Getting Unicron

Forcehunter

Well, you fools who paid fifty for him, I got a better deal but it almost wasn't worth it. Here's my story of the three times I had Unicron.

On Thanksgiving night I was returning home from Uncle's and I decided to grap a paper for ads so I could get good deals for my cousins. I found that Wal Mart was having a sale on Unicron. I thought cool, I'll get Target to price match it. Well, after I did my shopping, I had to stop by Target for some odds and ends. i went to a lady and told her that I had an ad for Unicron being cheaper. Well, target was already on the ball: lowered it to 42.35, almost 3 bucks less than Wal Mart. I went okay. I went and bought it. Well, unfortuantely, my mom was with me and she claimed that I was being selfish gettin that toy (this was actually my gift from my grandpa who sent me money). Well I was forced to go back and get a refund.

Weeks later...

While finishing up my Christmas shopping I had found that Unicron was selling out at a few stores so I was eager to get him. The day after X-mas i went out with my aunt and grandma. We went to TRU to find Uni. I looked and none were on the shelf. I muttered my frustration when a guy said behind me... hey we just returned a Unicron not a minute ago. I go Cool. I did not realize it til I came back, but that was an old friend of my grandmas. When I came back I saw him chatting with my grand ma and aunt. I then recognized old Chuck. I left happy knowing I finally had Unicron and laughing at the irony of how I got it. Well when I got home, I went with my parents to pick up some crap at target. Well, I went down to the toy aisle and I saw Unicron..for 29.95 I cussed out loud at my luck knowing I had paid full price. I figured, well, i'll just come back tommorrow after I return my other Unicron and get more money. That night I looked all over for my recipt and could not find it. I must have left it in my grandma's car. Oh well, no biggie right? Use the store credit for some upcoming items (GI Joe multi-packs, Dirge, 20th Prime, etc.)

The next day, (today) I went up to my TRU, to return the Uni. Well, they had just put it as 39.99. And I did not have my recipt, I was just shorted 8 bucks. I got back 42 something in credit. You can tell the rest of the story, went back, picked up the cheaper Unicron and just staring at it wondering...why did I want it?

Poor you, that really blows.

Oh, well at least you got it!

they paid retail. How does that make them fools? don't tell me you've never paid retail for anything. it's a toy they love and have been waiting a long time for and the fact that they paid 50$ does not make them fools. be glad that you got yours cheap and be dome with it.

they paid retail. How does that make them fools? don't tell me you've never paid retail for anything. it's a toy they love and have been waiting a long time for and the fact that they paid 50$ does not make them fools. be glad that you got yours cheap and be dome with it.

That was sarcasm. I was pointing out that it appears that I was the real fool.. I just finished attaching the wings and man this is a hard mofo.

Got a good deal waiting from Wal Mart, 35 bucks and a free pack of the Dark Saber team. :D

Oh, do yourself a favor and put the wings on when he's a planet, and then leave them that way..the insane directions want you to remove those cursed things everytime you change him!

Dude, Force - now you gotta get the repaint Unicron!

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! @bH@

#US1#

Why would you let someone guilt you into not buying something with YOUR money?

Good question and I can give you a simple answer:

I have to live with her for atleast another year. I I didn't rwturn it, Id still be treated with contempt and disgust.

as for re-paint Unicron, @pow@ @rambo@ @ray@ @rambo@ @rambo@ @rambo@ @rambo@ @ray@ @ray@

I have to live with her for atleast another year. I I didn't rwturn it, Id still be treated with contempt and disgust.

as for re-paint Unicron, @pow@ @rambo@ @ray@ @rambo@ @rambo@ @rambo@ @rambo@ @ray@ @ray@

I certainly hope that your own mother would not treat you with "contempt and disgust" over a $40 toy. If so, that is nothing short of abuse, and I hope you are able to get away in less than a year.

I certainly hope that your own mother would not treat you with "contempt and disgust" over a $40 toy. If so, that is nothing short of abuse, and I hope you are able to get away in less than a year.

@loll@ @loll@ True that dude, you need ta get the hell outta there! @loll@

I think she is in denial that there is a possibility that I haven't matured yet to grow out of toys and takes the frustration out on me everytime I buy a big one. But naaah, she does not abuse me, its just difference in priorities.