Custom Marvel Legends Cable........

Bruenor

C'mon in and have a look at my new ML Cable.

mlcable2.JPG

LMK what you think?

He does retain almost all his articulation, the one I did lose was the chest.

If you want the full recipe, just follow the link to my site in this post.

Thanks

Bruenor

Thanks PMP,

How do I get them like that, a lot of patience and on those ML a hell of a lot of joint sanding.

I hate joint sanding it's such a long drawn out boring job, but well worth it in the end, as you have almost no paint rubbing whatsoever.

Wow...absoutly amazing, Bruenor! I think this is my fav of yours thus far! he looks absolutly perfect! Your paint jobs are so clean! I wish my stuff came out as good! Seriously! Excellent work!

Hehe...thanks buddy!

I do have a question for you though. How to you photograph your customs? I have been experimenting by using the flash on my digital camera, but they come out to bright. Then I tried using an alternate light source instead, and they were too dark. I knew my stuff would look a little better of I had better pictures of them.

I have a macro function on mine, that I sometimes use in a darish room that way the flash doesn't light it up too much, but I still have to sharpen the pics as I reduce them in size in Photostudio.

If the flash is too bright I try some spotlamps on either side and use the zoom and flash but stand well back and use the zoom at max.

Best thing to do is take pics both ways and then see which ones look the best whe you uplaod them to resize.

I do have a question for you though. How to you photograph your customs? I have been experimenting by using the flash on my digital camera, but they come out to bright. Then I tried using an alternate light source instead, and they were too dark. I knew my stuff would look a little better of I had better pictures of them.

I'm having the exact same Mando... I'm actually jumping back and forth between two different cameras trying to find a nice.. happy medium, and i'm having problems with that as well..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

I just painted the hair the dark grey and then lightly drybrushed it with white.

The paints I used were:

Enchanted Blue for the body

Camo Green for the gloves and shoulder pads

Dark Flesh for the belt/straps and boots.

Palid flesh/Bestial Brown/Skull White/Blood Red/Bronzed Flesh for the skin

Mithril Silver for the metals

Codex grey for the hair base and armour parts.

Skull White for the hair highlights.

I'm not sure as to how easy the Dredd parts are to find, but Ebay was flooded with time not so long ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...