Does Buyin And Messing With A Tf Change Opinion?

Sunstorm76'

Case example...

I saw the online galleries of energon inferno, thought to myself "good lord that thing is hideous." and, discounted it as a figure I probably wouldn't get.

But, after seeing it in the packaging at the store I said what the hey it's only 10 bucks :D. Bought it opened it up and messed with it, took it from truck to bot and back a couple of times and then I realized, "hey! this is a cool little figure after all."

Anyone else get that kind of perception change once you actually own something and have it in your hand?

I just thought it was funny how something that seems totally bogus can be cool just by actually holding it :unsure:

@loll@ @loll@ Yup:

Armada

Hotshot - when the pic first came out, I thought he was so hideous. But once I opened, I thought he didn't look that bad.

Megatron - I know he looks good in the pic, but didn't expect he look even better once the figure is in hand.

Very good topic. Here is mine:

Armada Red Alert: Once I got his Pl Counterpart I realized how cool he is and now I m planning on getting the regular one.

Armada Sideswipe: He was mistransformed in the instruction cause you cant see his feet. Now that I have him, I know he has feet.

Most Definitely !

Syre I make comments on the toys when I see pictures of them etc. But I never make a final decision on them until I have them in my hot little hands. I've had a few figures that I didn't like from just seeing pictures of them and once I got them my houghts changed. Also it works on the flipside though: When I saw pics of Armada Scavenger I thought he looked awesome, when I bought the figure that quickly changed though. Probably one of my least favourite TF's that I own.

When I first saw the Armada seekers I thought they looked pretty wack considering they're missing vertical wings and having those big cannons on top would make a plane like that impossible to fly. But after buying Skywarp on sale for $15 I was soon flying him all over my room making wooshing sounds

I really try not to form to big of an oppinion based on internet pictures. I always wait to pass final judgement till I see items in stores. The one that I can say I have been pleasently surprised with is Armada Megatron. I came real close to not getting him and would have missed out on a great bot.

For the most part I do use figures as a judge, but look at the figure in the box as well along with seeing how people feel about a figure. If its cheap and I like how it looks I'll probably go for it most of the time. Armada Hoist was the only one that was a maybe buy that I'm glad I did. One of the first gimmicks that I think actually adds to the figure.

Not really......I didn't like any of Armada. But I thought I might be being to hard on it. So when I heard there was gonna be a Thundercracker figure....and maybe a Skywarp. I figured the chance of getting the 3 Seekers again was a good enough reason to give Armada a Chance. So I picked up Starscream and it actually ended up being WORSE then I thought it was. So much so that I actually thought of returning it.....but I had opened it and there wasn't anything wrong with it other then it just wasn't a very good figure. So I still own it, but it's in it's box and it never comes out. I decided then, that I wouldn't waste money on another TFs I thought was sub-par.

Sadly that's most of Energon as well.....Although there are so bright spots of figures that I may pick up.....like Battle Ravage, Divebomb and Rodimus, but for the most part Im sticking to Alternators.