Alternators Each Wil Have A Repaint/remold

RequieM

uhm, wasn't it said that they are only making CARS??? that would make it hard for seekers to be made... i might have heard wrong... but wasn't the point of alternators "After a fierce battle the damged autobots are rebuilt into Alternators by CAR companies" or something?????

I'm surprised so many people want to see yet ANOTHER "updated" seeker line in Alternators. Yeah, we could have them as F-22/F-35s, but why? They're already doing that in the Energon line.

The best Decepticon to use for the Alternator line is Megatron, hands down. We're never going to see him as a Masterpiece edition (because of the gun thing - not only can't we have realistic pistol-toys in North America, but it'd be ridiculously oversized). What Takara and Hasbro should do is redesign him as a tank, but with features more like the old G1 cartoon version.

I'm tired of seeing new versions of Starscream. I want him to be the next Masterpiece Edition, in all his classic F-15 glory! (And of course I'd buy the Skywarp and Thundercracker versions as well!) What do you think???

@firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ If I don't get my seeker fix, I'm coming to your house and burning it down!! @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@

Just kidding :D

On a serious note, I don't mind what the seeker is (alternator or otherwise.) as long as we get an updated version instead of just autobots.

I mean come on when you hear Decepticon you think what?

Megatron?

Soundwave?

Starscream?

I personally never think of swindle first..

and what better way to cash in on the decepticons then release the only trio in the decepticon army.

The autobots have the datsun trio, the lamborghini triplets, the trailbreaker/hoist duo, the ratchet/ironhide combo, Inferno/Grapple. There's enough repaints there for a lifetime.

Only time we see this in the decepticon ranks is with the seekers and soundwave's tapes (rumble/frenzy). So it's only logical given the repaint scenario that the seekers are the most profitable choice.

Triple changer Binaltech would be freaking amazing and hard as hell to transform I think.

As for BinalTech Megatron I dont think it will happen. IF Takara does the Masterpeice Megatron P38. Even IF its oversized by a bit it could be sold here cause its NOT a replica since it is oversized.Aslong as it transforms like the G1 Cartoon ( like Prime does). Anyone and their mom will snatch that up before you can say I want it. Though I think the design will take abit of tweaking it can work if its scuplted right. The Tank just seems to generic since Armada was a tank aswell.

But all this talk about this series is really making me want to buy them up NOW. Im holding off till next month.

For decepticons I would like to see

Menasor (able to combine)

Devistator

& bruticus ( well... maybe not him! heh!)

As well as the seekers, & soundwave.

For MP I would like to see megatron put out next of corse it would be the sensible one to do ;) (not for hasbro though :S)

Other MP I would love to see would be soundwave & rodimusIf rody could go back & forth between hotrod tthat would just rule!)

Oh ya give us wheeljack as well! In either or both lines ;)

I'm surprised so many people want to see yet ANOTHER "updated" seeker line in Alternators. Yeah, we could have them as F-22/F-35s, but why? They're already doing that in the Energon line.

Energon fufilling our alternators want? The thought of that makes me ill.

uhm, wasn't it said that they are only making CARS??? that would make it hard for seekers to be made... i might have heard wrong... but wasn't the point of alternators "After a fierce battle the damged autobots are rebuilt into Alternators by CAR companies" or something?????

That's an assumption that a lot of Transfans have been passing off as fact. Hasbro said it was gonna be 1/24 cars yes....but that was before they announced there would be Decepticons in the Alternator line, that kinda changes things. A lot have assumed that means the Decepticons will be cars as well. But to make the Seekers or Megatron Cars would be a very dumb thing for Hasbro to do, and I really would have lost all faith in them if they do that. But the pack of the package isn't lying....the Autbots DO get rebuilt by Car Compaines..but it doesn't say anything about the Decepticons....they could get rebuilt by Rouge Nations that think they can help them in fighting other countries or something, we just don't know right now. But we do know there will be Decepticons of some kind in this line.

As for MPC.......Megatron is the only other guy I think that should get this treatment. I wouldn't mind them makeing his alt mode like a Cannon that kinda looks like P38, but im sure a lot of people would throw a fit over that....I just don't wanna get Galvatron instead of Megatron....Im willing to Scarfice a little get a MPC Megatron to go with my MPC Prime.

@grumpy@ i guess alternator tracks will be a lambor remold.

hopeful its a yellow vette and i can call him sunstreaker. Hey there's a figure coming out from hasbro called sunstreaker maybe i'll get my wish.

This is a pretty cut and dry, easy to figure out deal.

Smokescreen = Blue Subaru

Silverstreak = Silver Subaru Retool

Sideswipe = Red Viper

Sunstreaker = Yellow Viper Retool

Tracks = Blue Vette (We already know they have an Alternator Vette)

? = Vette Retool

Hound = Green Jeep

They could do a number of different bots as hound retooled, If they made him a hard top it could easily be Trailbreaker.

Why you guys think Tracks will be a Viper is beyond me when we know a Vette is coming.

Think Positive!

Sunstreaker.jpg

http://home.utm.utoronto.ca/~blui/pics/Alternators/

[As for BinalTech Megatron I dont think it will happen. IF Takara does the Masterpeice Megatron P38. Even IF its oversized by a bit it could be sold here cause its NOT a replica since it is oversized.Aslong as it transforms like the G1 Cartoon ( like Prime does). Anyone and their mom will snatch that up before you can say I want it. Though I think the design will take abit of tweaking it can work if its scuplted right. The Tank just seems to generic since Armada was a tank as well. ]

Okay, what I MEANT to say... well, let's face it: a MP Megatron is a dumb idea. The pistol would be huge, wouldn't it? I mean, I think the P-38 that he changed into in the G1 version was a bit undersized, but even so, in order to be in scale with Optimus' alt form (which is the important thing) it'd have to be ridiculously big. I'd be VERY impressed by Takara's engineers if they could pull it off.

I'm just saying that either Soundwave or Starscream would be a more suitable choice for MP editions. I'd prefer Starscream, since Soundwave's G1 figure is pretty awesome already, while ol' Screamer left a bit to be desired when compared to the cartoon. Since MP Prime seems to fit in with the Alternators line, then who cares if they never make Alternator Decepticons, as long as we have MP editions!

Oh yeah, but I would want Soundwave too.

Hmmm, looks like I can't quote properly.

As for the Alternator line, who needs an update? Ratchet and Ironhide! They might be the one G1 mold I don't want to see rereleased by Hasbro/Takara!

Who else needs an Alternator upgrade? Bumblebee, and with the new VW Bug, he's a perfect choice!

It sounds funny, but this line was *made* for Bumblebee. He so deserves a decent toy. With the new bug out, it's fate. Now then, would a red one be Cliffjumper? Cliffjumper doesn't seem to fit the Bug mold too well. Sure it did, back then when the toys were tiny. Now they're 1/24, so I don't think it'd look right. I was driving along the other day, and I did see the ideal car for Cliffjumper, I think. Anyone thought of a MiniCooper? Also, if Takara/Hasbro has the Dodge/Plymouth line, what about a Prowler? This is so much fun.

About the Decepticons: what a cool idea to have them rebuilt by rouge nations or terrorist groups. There's your reason for military alt modes right there. I'm torn on whether Megs belongs to the Alternators or the MP line. I mean, he *should* be an MP, and hopefully will. But an updated tank Megatron that looks like his G1 robot self would so rule. Although, if they did Megatron in Alternators, I'd like to see a Prime that scale. But we have MP Prime now. Aaaarrrgggh!

*edit* The Hardtop Hound repaint/mold into Trailbreaker would be awesome. But what about the head and gun/hand? Do you think they could actually do that?

That's my point, though - MP Prime is the same scale as the Alternators!

The perfect display:

MP Prime

Alternator Autobots (Bumblebee included!)

Alternator Megatron (looks like G1 in robot mode)

MP Starscream

MP Soundwave (with Rumble, Ravage and Laserbeak)

MP Skywarp

MP Thundercracker

If they want to do Alternator seekers, I guess they could do Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet. They should be a bit different from the originals, afterall. Maybe as an F-22, an A-10, and an SU-27 or something. Or all SU-27s, since that's more Hasbro's style.

That's my point, though - MP Prime is the same scale as the Alternators!

The perfect display:

MP Prime

Alternator Autobots (Bumblebee included!)

Alternator Megatron (looks like G1 in robot mode)

MP Starscream

MP Soundwave (with Rumble, Ravage and Laserbeak)

MP Skywarp

MP Thundercracker

If they want to do Alternator seekers, I guess they could do Thrust, Dirge and Ramjet. They should be a bit different from the originals, afterall. Maybe as an F-22, an A-10, and an SU-27 or something. Or all SU-27s, since that's more Hasbro's style.

MP Prime isn't in the same scale. He'll look good next to them, towering over them, but believe it or not, he's actually too SMALL to be in scale. Check out the size of the door frame on the cab: no way that's a door for the same size person that fits in a 1/24 car.

Also, while the photoshopped Sunstreaker is neat, in addition to the non-matching rooves that were pointed out, there's the fact that the car pictured is a racing model of the previous generation of Viper, so would require all-new body panels, which would be of different sizes than Side Swipe's, and thus require a new structure underneath, defeating the whole concept of reusing the mold. ;)

MP Prime isn't in the same scale. He'll look good next to them, towering over them, but believe it or not, he's actually too SMALL to be in scale. Check out the size of the door frame on the cab: no way that's a door for the same size person that fits in a 1/24 car.

Okay, well, that's sort of what I meant - he's the same scale, give or take an inch, as the alternators in robot mode. Scale in car/plane/whatever mode never really mattered in Transformers when you have guys like Megatron and Soundwave who are about the same size as Starscream and the other seekers.

If you had a MP seeker who'd be about the same size as Prime in robot mode, that'd be about right, wouldn't it? An Alternator Megatron as a 1/24th MBT would be about the same size in robot mode, wouldn't he?