Alternators Each Wil Have A Repaint/remold

RequieM

On the official site of Hasbro they stated each Alternator/Binaltech will have a repaint/remold. @grumpy@

link:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/pl/page.../dn/default.cfm

Damn, lookslike Tracks is probably a blue Sideswipe, turning head of Sideswipe.

I wonder who Hound will be. :huh:

Greetz RequieM

well we already found a Corvette alteranator in the Walmart computers.. If they make tracks im sure they would make him the corvette.

unless they make sideswup into tracks, and make the corvette someone else.. which would be kind dumb..

Maybe a bit far fetched, but maybe they will try to keep the transformation of Sideswipe alive, and just build a new case around him (corvette).

We have seen the various Sideswipe transformations (back being front) and even a Sideswipe repaint in robot mode who looks exactly like Tracks. (photoshopped I believe.)

I just hope it isn't so, and about each car will have 2 repaints, i think this kind of sux. i have no idea who hound could be!

Smokescreen and Sideswipe both had repaints before, but Hound? nope

greetz RequieM

I'd really rather have Sideswipe be Remolded and repainted into Tracks then have him remolded and repainted into say Sunstreaker or Red Alert. I really can't think of anyone Hound could be remolded into.

But people like Trailbreaker and Hoist would be ok by me, as would be Ironhide and Ratchet. And I could also see a Prowl coming up. But I don't know if they could pull this off with guys like Jazz, Wheeljack or Mirage.

Course we all Assumed this new Coverette listed is Tracks.....it could be someone else like Windcharger.

I think its great news and all things considered it makes sense. Remember the first two years of G1 virtually everyone was a repaint of someone else. I like the fact that they are going to go the extra mile to remold it so it looks even more different from the orginal.

Here's hoping they make Hound into Swindle :) We need some Decepticons!

I think its great news and all things considered it makes sense. Remember the first two years of G1 virtually everyone was a repaint of someone else.

I have not problem with the reussing the molds for the reasons that are quoted. I just hope they they are smart about what name they select.

Example: Tracks was not the same car as Sideswipe, so he should have a different mold.

But Red Alert and though a bit different, Sunstreaker were like Sideswipe. So they could use either of those names on a repainted Alternator Sideswipe.

Aliright, here we go, Smokescreens mold should get Prowl, keeping tradition alive, Sideswipe should have Sunstreaker or Red Alert- or both, and Hound should get remolded to Brawn he was always very small, and the corvette should be Tracks, and maybe Wheelkjack- which means it could have a flight mode! See Mirage and Wheeljack have to be Racecars so they might not get done yet, and Trailbreaker wouldnt look right as a jeep- he's too solid for that mode, and Irondhide and Ratchet have to be Vans as degrading as that sound that what they gotta be some type of minivan- dodge caravan- only van I can think of, just as long as they dont look like Shagwaggons.

Anicron

On the official site of Hasbro they stated each Alternator/Binaltech will have a repaint/remold. @grumpy@

link:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/pl/page.../dn/default.cfm

Damn, lookslike Tracks is probably a blue Sideswipe, turning head of Sideswipe.

I wonder who Hound will be. :huh:

Greetz RequieM

"Yes, most ALTERNATORS are being planned with 2 versions in mind"

That doesn't mean ALL of them...

I don't see what's to be upset about. As stated before, most G1 Year 1 toys were repaints. If anything, we should be more excited. And the blurb said, "Most Alternators are being planned with repaints in mind". Most, people. Not all. The way I look at it, this just opens up the door for Sunstreaker, Prowl, Ironhide, Ratchet, even the Seekers. I don't think anyone here would mind seeing Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp as Alternators.

Aliright, here we go, Smokescreens mold should get Prowl

I agree, as were the G1 versions, and redalert could be an Viper for all I care,

I just hope they won't use the same molds on transformers that weren't "the same to begin with (G1).

So I hope no Hound --> trailbraker/Hoist repaint, but rather a different mold.

"Yes, most ALTERNATORS are being planned with 2 versions in mind"

That doesn't mean ALL of them...

missed that part, my bad.

I wonder if waht people say is true, that even years have Autobots and uneven have Decepticons :S.

I hope so, they could at least have 2 releases at once instead of 1 each three months, this is killing me .

RequieM

<- Longtime reader who registered because he had to point out something so obvious that he absolutely could not comprehend the notion that it hadn't been mentioned...

Alternators Hound -> Alternators Swindle

Apologies in advance for gratuitous use of arrows. *flees*

OK.

Smokescreen/Silverstreak. Suberu wrsx

Sideswipe/???(sunstreaker canary yellow Vipers are beautifull) Dodge Viper

Hound/??? ( Swindle obivous choice but wasnt a huge character so I dont know) Jeep Wrangler

Tracks/???(red aleart maybe) or none at all. Corvette

As for Decepticons. Seeker team is obivious choice. The New YF-22 fighter jets are perfect. Energon Starscream is vary simalar to it).

Now if this is to be a 20 figure line , I assume it will be 10 of each faction.

I hope.

Thats how I see it.

I don't think anyone here would mind seeing Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp as Alternators.

I'm not only hoping for it, I'm counting on it...

I am 100% sure that we'll get Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp as Alternators, as Jets and at a Different Scale then the cars. (IE: 1/48th instead of 1/24.) I'd bet money on it....but I don't think we'll see them to next year.

This news is great. The more figures (even if they are slight remolds and paint changes) the better. It would be great if they stuck to the G1 formula for re-using molds. For example, if they do a prowl, they should use the WRX/WRC mold. If they are going to do a Red Alert, then use Sideswipes mold.

Well we have:

Smokescreen and now Silverstreak. So I don't think we will be surprised to see Prowl.

Sideswipe, maybe Sunstreaker and Red Alert.

Hound, maybe Skids? I doubt we will see Swindle, though a possibility, as I think we would be expecting gestalt capability and the OTHER Combaticons which might not work. It would kinda suck to not be able to make Bruticus if wee see Combaticon Alterantors.

The corvette, probably Tracks, maybe Sunstreaker or Windcharger.

I don't mind reusing the molds. I just hope that they remold them enough to make each character unique.

Also, maybe Prowl and Red Alert will either get their own mold or share it with Smokescreen/Silverstreak. Sideswipe's mold isn't too condusive to a police/fire vehicle as it appears now.

I just wish we would see more homage to g1 styled heads & accessorys. Repaints are fine as long as they change the heads on the ones that require it. LIke yall have said I don't mind as long as there smart with who & what they use.

Does anyone else here miss the old g1 sholder cannons?:) I don't wana have to buy a ton of minioptimus or nemises primes just so my toys can be well armed ;)

I'm hoping some go on sale more or clearance so I can snag a few :) I want at least one for my sideswipe!

Sigh, more and more I am seeing these toys upset people more than excite them. Why are people upset that they are giving us MORE to collect? That's a question there folks.

This could be MUCH worse. There could be NONE of these for people to walk into a store and buy them in North America, at 1/3 the price is even better. It was not long ago that TFs were only being reissued in Japan so lets not send the message that we want to go back to that. I dont.

All of us need to pause and think before we freak out over news like this. Think about the fact that it is your *choice* to buy Hasbro or Takara. Seriously, that is something TF collectors could only say in the last year or so. If we dont embrace these things they will disappear.

Bottom line, just buy them. Buy them all. Load up. Make them popular and they will keep coming. More than anything, enjoy these toys. That's what they are really for.

Sigh, more and more I am seeing these toys upset people more than excite them. Why are people upset that they are giving us MORE to collect? That's a question there folks.

This could be MUCH worse. There could be NONE of these for people to walk into a store and buy them in North America, at 1/3 the price is even better. It was not long ago that TFs were only being reissued in Japan so lets not send the message that we want to go back to that. I dont.

All of us need to pause and think before we freak out over news like this. Think about the fact that it is your *choice* to buy Hasbro or Takara. Seriously, that is something TF collectors could only say in the last year or so. If we dont embrace these things they will disappear.

Bottom line, just buy them. Buy them all. Load up. Make them popular and they will keep coming. More than anything, enjoy these toys. That's what they are really for.

As much as they try Hasbro/Takara will never make everyone happy.

I believe some people just complain for the sake of hearing themselves complain. No matter how good a product may be, etc. People will ALWAYS find something to b*tch about. It's human nature.

I'm surprised so many people want to see yet ANOTHER "updated" seeker line in Alternators. Yeah, we could have them as F-22/F-35s, but why? They're already doing that in the Energon line.

The best Decepticon to use for the Alternator line is Megatron, hands down. We're never going to see him as a Masterpiece edition (because of the gun thing - not only can't we have realistic pistol-toys in North America, but it'd be ridiculously oversized). What Takara and Hasbro should do is redesign him as a tank, but with features more like the old G1 cartoon version.

I'm tired of seeing new versions of Starscream. I want him to be the next Masterpiece Edition, in all his classic F-15 glory! (And of course I'd buy the Skywarp and Thundercracker versions as well!) What do you think???

The reason some think Tracks is a blue sideswipe is probably because of Remy. I knew I replied on this thread, mentioning the pics was photoshoped, but I guess Remy or a mod deleted it for some crazy reason. Anyways, I think Tracks is going to be recolored red and will be the character from the e-hobby exclusive.