Unmasked Snake-eyes & Storm Shadow

doubledown

I would most definitely like to see that. I have wanted Hasbro to make an Unmasked SE for a long time now. I also wouldn'd mind an Unmasked Beach Head, I think that would be pretty cool.

I'd be cool definitely....but like I've said...and others have.I'd much rather have remakes of old RAH favorites FIRST in JvC format before Hasbro decided to make something like this.

But it would definitely be something cool to have.Maybe as a new mail-away for the future?Hinthintwinkwink Hasbro? ;)

Something that always bothered me about Snake-eyes is that underneigth his mask, he has a giant budging eye ball and and a little tiny eye ball, but when he has his mask on, he looks completely normal.

Just something I think about.

I think that pic was more like an exagaration of what he looked like. If his eye was that bulgey, he would have whacked it on something and he wouldnt be able to see out of it anymore, lol.

I think he would look pretty normal now, with all the reconstructive surgery he had in the down time. Stuff that has been done with severe burn victims IRL (in real life) could fix his face decently well. Granted, it would still look a little odd, perhaps with some wierd spots between the transplants and the edges of his face, but it would look a lot less horrid.

SE should be a fairly normal looking guy now. Except for that fresh gash across his face, anyways.

Guest gunslingercbr

unmasked SS in the trenchcoat and sunglasses like on the cover of the Cobra Reborn comic, or whatever that cover was of, would be cool.

SE on the other hand would be weak. I've never liked the way he was made to look in the comic. blue eye, blond hair all American jolly gee shucks boy? there's really no difference between he and Duke. if they make SE's, they need to give his face more a more battle hardened and weathered look. he ain't Duke, he's THE Duke, as in John Wayne.

SE on the other hand would be weak. I've never liked the way he was made to look in the comic. blue eye, blond hair all American jolly gee shucks boy? there's really no difference between he and Duke. if they make SE's, they need to give his face more a more battle hardened and weathered look. he ain't Duke, he's THE Duke, as in John Wayne.

I always wanted SE to be another race than "white" no disrespect, but I just thought he should have been like spanish or a mix race like caucasion and korean or something like this I always felt that SE looking like gunslingercbr states "blue eye, blond hair all American jolly gee shucks boy" was just kinda boring in a sense

waaay back in the marvel run i think it was issue 11?? but snake eyes comes out of the sensory deprivation (sp?) tank he has Black hair. anyone else notice that? but really it makes sense that he's got the all american boy looks...at first befor years of war and fighting and scars takes thier toll on ol' snakes..one extreme to the other, he should look pretty grizzled by now! and i would love a figure like that!

TM

waaay back in the marvel run i think it was issue 11?? but snake eyes comes out of the sensory deprivation (sp?) tank he has Black hair. anyone else notice that? but really it makes sense that he's got the all american boy looks...at first befor years of war and fighting and scars takes thier toll on ol' snakes..one extreme to the other, he should look pretty grizzled by now! and i would love a figure like that!

TM

I think it showed him with black hair cause that was a cast shadow cause it showed him from behind when everyone else was looking at him or he was wearing a wig...

Actually Snake Eyes does have a scarred face.......again.

He got plastic surgery waaaaay back during the Marvel run to correct his scarred face,depictions of his face varied from artist to artist.But I saw one where he looked practically like Two-Face without the discolored half of a face.

In the Devil's Due run,when Storm Shadow was sent to assassinate General Hawk,and Snake Eyes and the Joes hunted him down in the base,he evaded Snakes at one point and dived into an elevator,slashing Snakes right across the mask.Snakes then got pissed and shot up at the elevator as he went ragin' until Kamakura calmed him down.

In a later issue....I think maybe #16 when he's with Spirit and Cover Girl or maybe even some other recent issues as well.There's a picture of Snake Eyes unmasked with a pair of shades on.If you look closely,he has a long diagonal scar running from one corner of his forehead,along his brow,to the opposing corner of his cheek.

SE on the other hand would be weak.  I've never liked the way he was made to look in the comic.  blue eye, blond hair all American jolly gee shucks boy?  there's really no difference between he and Duke.  if they make SE's, they need to give his face more a more battle hardened and weathered look.  he ain't Duke, he's THE Duke, as in John Wayne.

I always wanted SE to be another race than "white" no disrespect, but I just thought he should have been like spanish or a mix race like caucasion and korean or something like this I always felt that SE looking like gunslingercbr states "blue eye, blond hair all American jolly gee shucks boy" was just kinda boring in a sense

You know, I'm kind of surprised nobody has ever done a study on heroes/ leading roles in boy's toy lines. Seems in the eighties, every line had a blonde-haired, blue-eyed hero as the main character/ leader. Luke Skywalker, Duke, Matt Trakker, He-Man, Johnny Quest, Snake Eyes. Hell, Lion-O might as well have been a blonde/ blue white guy. He sure sounded white with that whole "Thundercats, hooooo!" business. I'm not up on my super heroes, but isn't Cap. America a blue-eyed, blonde-haired guy?

Anyway, I could be mistaken, but I don't think until the advent of COPS did they finally put a black man (Bulletproof) in charge. I wonder if that had anything to do with the lifetime of the show/toyline??? I know where I lived at the time they aired the COPS show at like 7:30 in the morning---when most kids are already on the bus, heading to school, which made me want to skip school all the more, I tell ya, because that show rocked.

Just something I've noticed. #US1#

I would buy any figure who wears a mask in an unmasked form, because I'm a Sucker with a capital S!

@lol@ i thought that was funny because i'm always lookin' for unmasked figures like batman and spiderman, i just think there is something cool about them. i would defiantely buy an unmasked SE and SS, as a matter of fact i use to switch heads with like quick kick or bushido with SS's or SE's when i would play sometimes. i even did a quick bootleg custom of an unmasked SE's awhile back....

fa46a282.jpg

fa46a286.jpg

fa46a283.jpg

i perfered the "cut up" look over the big eye small eye look. i think it would be hard for me to take SE seriously if he looked like that.

I would go for an unmasked Snake-eyes. I always want a "Class A" Dress uniform collection from GI Joe. Have some of the more popular figures done up in Dress uniform, you could come up with all kinds of senarios for them to be wearing them, and Snakes would have to be in that pack.

Check out my take on this

http://www.violentfix.com/cobra/snakeeyes-dress.jpg