New Aquaman Fig. Cancelled?

Synergy

DCD.

The fig was not cancelled. When the figure was first revealed, the sculpt was of the character as he was appearing at the time, which was shortly after the launch of his current series: no shirt, stubbly beard, borrowed coral encrusted pants, water hand.

However, it had already been decided that the character was going to return to a look more like his original, so it was announced that the figure would be revised to include the orange shirt, and in all subsequent appearances of the figure, it has been a revised version of the shirtless sculpt, now including an orange shirt with gold trim, a clean shaven face, and coral-less pants.

The character will begin wearing the outfit (well, close to it, anyway... the artists seem to be drawing the collar of the shirt quite differently than it appears on the figure) soon, and his entry in the JLA-Z character guide recently published features it.

The JLA figure wave was originally solicited for October 15th, but has been repeatedly delayed (pretty much every Wednesday since then has been listed as the release date in one schedule or another) have all been announced as shipping dates), with the current schedule having them shipping this upcoming Wednesday. Part of the delay has included minor revisions to some sculpts (recent images, including images of the final product, which has been released already in the Phillipines, show minor corrections, such as an alteration to the shape of Green Lantern's mask). Given that they have hit the Phillipines, it's likely that the latest shipping date will stand.

Is this the Aquaman you're all referring to?

JL Aquaman 10"

(I could not get image in IMG, /IMG brackcets cuz of error of some sort, see link to view it)

... or is this the one?

aqua785l.gif

Just curious, as I have the first one pictured, but when I did a net-search, I found the second Aquaman figure for the first time.

Just did another search, and now me thinks this is the one, due to context clues, ;^) :

B0000945K4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've got the first one, and haven't seen the latter two figs, til now that is. Thanks, though I may have answered my own question. Cheers.

The weekly shipping list has the figs on it, so it's pretty much (though of course, not 100%) certain that the figs will be out on Wednesday.

I ordered four out of five, and can't get them all at the same time... trying to decide which to pick up first...