Do You Have Any Joe Purchases That You Regret?

Darren

Yeah but this isn't that direct. I paid ten freaking dollars to get into a James Desimone GIJoe show. Waste o' money. There was ONE seller there out of the eleven that had any 3 inch figures. What a jip! @grumpy@

I regret buying the Snowcat reissue earlier this year.. It was back when I had the luxury of a credit card. Impulse buy. When I thought I had to have anything and everything. It's a good think I got rid of that credit card before I started buying the repaints like Dart vs. Mindbender.

The funny thing is that I regretted buying the Night Rhino also. See, it was in this transition period in my life. I was in the process of moving out of my parent's house and in with my girlfriend. The only thing was that I wasn't officially moving out. I'd do that 4 months later. But I bought that, put it together, set it in a spare bedroom, and kinda forgot about it. Then when I moved in to where I live now I discovered how cool it was. It's got that nice big space in the back of it to transport Joes into battle. Then there's the seat on the inside that sets sideways. It can be used for a battlefield communications station by Hacker or High Tech when I get him. I don't think the Joes have had too many battles without it at my house.

I regret buying the Snowcat reissue earlier this year.. It was back when I had the luxury of a credit card. Impulse buy. When I thought I had to have anything and everything. It's a good think I got rid of that credit card before I started buying the repaints like Dart vs. Mindbender.

The funny thing is that I regretted buying the Night Rhino also. See, it was in this transition period in my life. I was in the process of moving out of my parent's house and in with my girlfriend. The only thing was that I wasn't officially moving out. I'd do that 4 months later. But I bought that, put it together, set it in a spare bedroom, and kinda forgot about it. Then when I moved in to where I live now I discovered how cool it was. It's got that nice big space in the back of it to transport Joes into battle. Then there's the seat on the inside that sets sideways. It can be used for a battlefield communications station by Hacker or High Tech when I get him. I don't think the Joes have had too many battles without it at my house.

Man I liked the Snowcat reissue especially with the RAH Frostbite figure, is there a specific reason you didn't like it besides the credit card issue?. I was happy when the came out with the Night Rhino (Warthog) cause when I was a kid it was my vechile of choice especially since it floated in the water and was a huge vechile.

The reason I regret it is because I never use it. I don't play with my RAH Joes. They're my pride and joy. I play with the JvC ones and the Snow Cat looks too small compared to the other vehicles. Plus I had a hard time getting JvC figures in it. I really just never felt like it was that great of a vehicle. If it were bigger then that would be different. In the cartoon and comics it was presented in a larger scale.

I've honestly never used it. It's just collecting dust and has been since I put it together.

BTW, I also call the Night Rhino the Warthog. If only that toy would have came with Sgt. Slaughter...

The almighty Sand Razor. I hate it, HATE it!!! I only bought it because it hit before wave 2 and it had a o ring Dusty. Ended up getting wave 2 right after that and liked that Dusty a lot more. Also regreted buying almost all of wave 1 and the Battle Blitz! Glad I skipped the Road Turd...errr Rebel.

Draven #US1#

The Fang III. It was the second jvc vehicle I bought and the last. I thought the NAC was pretty cool (and still do), so I thought I should be open to the other jvc vehicles.

Once I opened it, I found out how bulky it was, as well as the lack of playability and displayability. One bulky missile that would fire on it's own a minute after you put it in, a twin chain gun with three bullets, and a big sound attack missile with a handle on it :unsure:

I'd take a funskool original Fang any day instead of the fang III.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm. Geeze, regrets...

Army building with the Wave 1 C.L.A.W.S. and Morays...

Trading my original beloved version 2 Snake-Eyes for some flippin' Transformers as a kid (sob)...

Selling ALL of my original Joes on eBay, just because they weren't "mint"...

I regret buying some MOC 1990 Joes last May at a toy show. They looked great when I checked them out at the table, but upon returning to my car, I noticed they all but one had cracked elbows!! (Son of a...)

And this one's not so much a regret, but more of a disappointment, but I REALLY wish I had gotten a U.S.S. FLAGG. That was the ultimate dream*sniff*...

Wish I had bought that TRU A-10 Thunderbolt a few years back when I had the chance (dangit)...

And I also wish I hadn't passed on so many Joes from 1990 and on back when I thought I was "too old" for them (at the age of 16...geeze...) at the time...

And ultimately I wish I had taken better care of my original collection. It was mint by many people's definition of the word, but I'm such an anal freak I sold it all on eBay. Oh well...

But I am glad I held off on buying most of the GvsC vehicles. They're crappy IMO except for the NAC; I have a desert one, and sometimes I wonder even about having it. I've not opened it to really check it out fully though, so I don't have a final judgement for it.

So that's my list. No sense crying over spilled milk though; right? (sob)

Wow...old thread...I think I have some stuff to add in my regrets.

I regret pre-ordering Wave 8 from Kebco...because the case got cancelled,so I had to change my order to Wave 9,and I don't even know if they confirmed my order change because their customer service has deteoriated (sp?) from the time I made my order.Plus...they don't expect Hasbro to allocate them any Wave 9 shipments until January.

Also,I got a new MOC 1988 Shockwave!This one has a GREAT C-9/9.5 card and the figure itself is perfect inside.I feel much more at ease since this'll replace my MOC 'cracked elbow' Shockwave.

Sounds like everyone has beefs with the newer stuff.

I don't.

I love GvC, the BTR stuff and the Sand Razor & NAC--and anything that's made its way into my hands the past couple of years.

But I do have a regret: Its from the RAH line from before, its the ICE SABRE.

This was a vehicle that caught my eye when it came out--stylish COBRA Arctic craft--the second, IIRC, to the WOLF.

I very much like the look of the thing, but it has a fatal flaw.

The front skid/ski assembly has a wishbone type tab that breaks EASILY and did so upon assembly of mine years ago. There's no way this toy ever stood up to any kind of play, and it cannot be repaired once broken the plastic is too waxy and the part too small to grab effectively.

It a sore spot for the line for me.

--Ken

Oh I regret paying 60 bucks for a loose Firefly with all accesories. I dont even take him out of the baggie he is in. Recently I regret preordering wave 7.5/8 from GIJOE Center. Not because they cancelled the wave, but because I was supposed to have wave 9/10 subbed for the wave 7.5/8 waves and was supposed to have wave 9 before xmas. I have nothing....I cant get in contact with the guy, the site is down and Im out of over 160 bucks. I regret ever finding that site....