Who Still Plays With Joes?

RJBrian

I have noticed that there have been a lot of FTWP (For Those Who Play) posts lately, and I was wondering how many of you guys still break out your G. I. Joes (or any other toys for that matter) and act out you favorite adventures?

I myself am 25 years old and I still play with my Joes, and I am not ashamed to admit it. I don't do in as much as I did when I was younger, but every once in a while I do pull them out and play with them. It is usually when I get home with some new stuff, I have to break them in.

Come on guys just admit it, you have nothing to be ashamed of. So step out of that closet and stop lying to your self. Now, repeat after me.......

"I (state your name) play with toys, and I'm proud of it."

Now there, don't you fell much better now? :D

I Kevin Jones play with toys two or three times a week.

I don't get out all of my joes and play huge battle like I did as a kid, but I act out smaller scenes.

I also do a stopmotion animated show for my college cable station. My old show Animation Creation used some joes, but my new show Action Figure Adventures uses a lot od joes.

half of the fun of toys is playing with them :)

daaaamn straight! #US1# if i didn't play with them than i wouldn't buy them, i just wouldn't see the point spending hundreds of dollars a year just to look at something. as a matter of fact i look at the playability of every toy before i buy it. if i don't think it would be any fun to play with than i won't buy it. that's why articulation is the main attraction for every action figure i buy.

I also do a stopmotion animated show for my college cable station. My old show Animation Creation used some joes, but my new show Action Figure Adventures uses a lot od joes.

That is cool, I use to do some stopmotion with my stuff, but a was never that good. It always looked too jumpy. About five year ago I did two feature length Star War parody movies with stopmotion. It took me forever to finish them. I was going to do a third one so that I would have a trilogy, but I never got around to doing it. May one day I'll do another the last one.

Is there anywhere that I could see your old and new stuff? I love action figure stopmotion and I would really like to see them.

I also do a stopmotion animated  show for my college cable station. My old show Animation Creation used some joes, but my new show Action Figure Adventures uses a lot od joes.

That is cool, I use to do some stopmotion with my stuff, but a was never that good. It always looked too jumpy. About five year ago I did two feature length Star War parody movies with stopmotion. It took me forever to finish them. I was going to do a third one so that I would have a trilogy, but I never got around to doing it. May one day I'll do another the last one.

Is there anywhere that I could see your old and new stuff? I love action figure stopmotion and I would really like to see them.

what's stop motion?

I admit that I still play with all of my toys. Having He-man destroy Skeletor or having the G.I. Joe team whoop up in Cobra never gets old. Never.

Cutting thru all the BS? ;)

I use different terminology than "playing with", which would be "handle".."pose"..."customize" and "make dios" with, but in the end, it's probably the same. ^_^

I open the packages and pose (play) with them, then I take the weapons out and equip the guy they go with (play) and then I pose them on the counter once again (play) and of course when I do customs (play) and dios which require that I handle (play) with them, in order to acheive the shot I'm looking for...I guess you could say, I've been playing with my Joes quite a bit! @lol@

<_< I know the wife says I do!

Actually, I just hold them with their weapons in their hands and pose them and make shooting noises. On some occasions, my 10 year old nephew wants to play but it doesn't seem the same anymore. It's sad, but I feel weird about it. I shouldn't dammit.

I also do a stopmotion animated  show for my college cable station. My old show Animation Creation used some joes, but my new show Action Figure Adventures uses a lot od joes.

what's stop motion?

Stop motion is setting up the scene and taking a picture. You then move the figures slightly, take a picture, move the figures slightly, and so on. That way, when the film is run, it looks like the figures are doing the actions on their own.

Here is an example someone posted on another TF board:

http://knoledge.org/mormegil/share/seaspray_b.mpg

what's stop motion?

EDIT: pesatyel beat me to it, and his explanation was better than mine anyway.

Edited by RJBrian

I mostly do the same things VH does. All my figures are set up simultaneously in one big fighting scene in my room. I dont play with them that much cause i dont want to have to "reset" the scene every time. It's more like a sorta GiJoe freeze frame battle. #US1#

Well, unfortunatly we are having lots of problems getting access to the editing equipment so the final episode of Animation Creation and all the episodes of Animation Creation are unedited.

But I have pretty nice quality and internet copies of the first couple of episodes of Animation Creation.

I'm not sure how I'd get them to you. Maybe AIM file transfer.