Something Awful I Saw In Tru Today

Behold, Galvatron!

I go to Vienna TRU hoping they would carry the Tele Viper (which they didn't) as I was looking through the JvC packs, I noticed there was a barbacue and some other fig in a neo viper cmdr/neo viper two pack all sealed up. I thought some person must have bought it and switched the figs. It gets worse: there were FIVE other packs that had bad condition old RAH stuffed in them! One even had SS v2 (one with the hood and funky gray stuff) with no arm! I took these all up to customer service and told them so hopefully they wont go back on the shelves. Pretty unbelieveable huh?

Here in Iowa I find this type of thing all the damn time. There is some guy that is either replacing new figures with old RAH or Corps ones OR makes his own TERRIBLE customs and replaces the figure he must have bought the pack for. The last time I saw the 1st Night Creeper Leader with black paint over all the flesh, and a '93 Eel with a Battle Talking CC head.

Pretty unbelieveable huh?

not really, it never surprises me. i see it around here too. it's f*cked up, but oh well. customer service people really don't care about it. they don't get paid enough to give a f*ck. it is a shame it hurts the collectors, but i doubt it affects the toy companies much, i'm sure the loss doesn't make much of a dent in their profits. but, i wouldn't know. :huh:

I know a guy that used to do that kind of stuff all of the time.

did you beat his ass? ;)

The worst I've seen was at a local Target some guy was putting Corps figures in Viper and AV packs. I took them to the customer service desk and explained to them what happened and the seemed to understand and put them somewhere. Two weeks later the same figures were back on the shelf.

this is also rampant in clarksville, tn. Its realy bad, and it pisses me off like mad. If I could catch the little faggot doing it, my fists would sure have a field day on his mug.

The worst I've seen was at a local Target some guy was putting Corps figures in Viper and AV packs. I took them to the customer service desk and explained to them what happened and the seemed to understand and put them somewhere. Two weeks later the same figures were back on the shelf.

While I've never seen "replacements," I HAVE seen defective product back on the shelf. I returned a Tunnel Rat/Over Kill pack that was defective to Walmart, telling them so. Saw it on the shelf a few days later. Also, I did a poor job of taping it up (the glue was weaker than I thought) and a few days later, the figures were gone and the pack was STILL on the shelf that way. For quite awhile too.

The other day, I found a Mini-con set without the card backing. Someone had taken the CARD BACKING and left the toys!

I know a guy that used to do that kind of stuff all of the time.

did you beat his ass? ;)

@lol@ Well, as far as I know he has stopped doing it for now, but if he ever starts doing it again I just might have to.

this is also rampant in clarksville, tn. Its realy bad, and it pisses me off like mad. If I could catch the little faggot doing it, my fists would sure have a field day on his mug.

the little faggot? not to be pissy or anything, but come on. yes it sucks, i've seen it when people do this in stores... but do you really have to say faggot like it's some horrible thing?

no, i'm not attacking you. i just want to know your reasoning on your choice of words.