My First Custom

WeeZiTe

I, along with many others cried myself to sleep when I heard that Mrs. Fantastic wasn't in ML5 and wasn't in the rumored ML6 line.. I nearly slit my wrists when I heard she would only be available as a boxset item, along with many other fans.. Right?...

Okay, maybe it was just me. But still, I decided to take matters into my own hands.. Thanks to the incompetent fellas at Amoktime that found it too advanced to cancel my ML4 set order (who also lied to me about when they would be released, mind you) I was left with an extra Elektra. I had no use for her, so I just threw her in my closet. Little did I know 4 and a 1/2 months later I would amount to this.. My first custom.

I think it came out pretty good. I like it a lot actually. I tried my best to get the same colors as the ML5 Reed for the uni and think i did pretty damn good at it too. it's a little rough, but hey, first custom, I can only go up from here. So without further ado.

582468_7940918954080211743_vl.jpg

582469_1170445938036878060_vl.jpg

582474_7687042873301481743_vl.jpg

I really like the paint job on the body. the four looks perfect and it must have been really hard to do. And right now the invisible woman is a custom worth trying.

I think you should try to find another head for her though. It kind of just looks like elektra got out of the shower.

I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea for the head for the Sue I am currently working on. I have the body almost done, but I have been having a problem finding a head that I like, and your idea of using He-Man's hair wors really well! I'll probably retool it and repaint it a little, so it won't be exactly like yours, but similar. Is that cool?

I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea for the head for the Sue I am currently working on. I have the body almost done, but I have been having a problem finding a head that I like, and your idea of using He-Man's hair wors really well! I'll probably retool it and repaint it a little, so it won't be exactly like yours, but similar. Is that cool?

Dude.. I'd be honored.. You got my full support and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. :)

not bad for a first

I personally don't like the hair, but I think it just needs a repaint because there are unpainted patches on the inner part behind the head. Its cool to see you know how to decoupage symbols

The major thing you need to work on is the paintjob. The application is fine, but you might need to thin your paint and do multiple thin coats for a smoother effect. Also, it may look better if you try to staighten up the darker blue seams, they look kind of uneven.

I am sure you will improve greatly with time (hey, my first custom sucked pretty hard, yours looks like a DaVinci piece compared to it) but once you do more, its fun to redo the old stuff, and you have to consider that this is where it all starts, and I hope you get sucked into doing many more.

not bad for a first

I personally don't like the hair, but I think it just needs a repaint because there are unpainted patches on the inner part behind the head. Its cool to see you know how to decoupage symbols

The major thing you need to work on is the paintjob. The application is fine, but you might need to thin your paint and do multiple thin coats for a smoother effect. Also, it may look better if you try to staighten up the darker blue seams, they look kind of uneven.

I am sure you will improve greatly with time (hey, my first custom sucked pretty hard, yours looks like a DaVinci piece compared to it) but once you do more, its fun to redo the old stuff, and you have to consider that this is where it all starts, and I hope you get sucked into doing many more.

so thinning the paint is the key to 'smoother' paint apps??

great job on a first custom WeeZiTe!

looking forward to seeing what else you crank out!