Star Wars Figures Should Be Made Like Joe

revsears

Yeah I love my SW figs, they make great statues. If they had articulation like joes they would be so much more fun to play with hehe

NO! thats what distinguishes SW from Joes you see every different SW mold had different articulation which makes them able to be in different positions then just Joe style. and also through out time joints will especially get loose and worn out, that's what make some of the SW figures better. Another thing is that more articulation sometimes means less detail, which sometimes more collectors look for instead of articulation. I mean that Durge on Swoop Bike is great, but I can tell already that the joints will get loose sooner then other SW figures.

NO! thats what distinguishes SW from Joes you see every different SW mold had different articulation which makes them able to be in different positions then just Joe style. and also through out time joints will especially get loose and worn out, that's what make some of the SW figures better. Another thing is that more articulation sometimes means less detail, which sometimes more collectors look for instead of articulation. I mean that Durge on Swoop Bike is great, but I can tell already that the joints will get loose sooner then other SW figures.

Somebody smack him.

Look man, the joints don't always get insanely loose, and you can PLAY with joes you can't play with sw statues. Why should it be so distingushed? If they were simliar in construction hasbro could save tons of cash in the occaisonal reuse of a part.

you can pose joes in far more positions, especialy ones with added articulation.

I'd buy them in a heartbeat. When they started hitting the market with the new stuff after SW II, I ran to the shops and bought a bunch of stuff. I was just so unhappy with it though. I guess I'm spoiled by GI Joes.

Guest DavAnthony

What I've found to be really ironic is that when Star Wars was originally made it was by Kenner. Gijoe was Hasbro. As a kid I used to wish that Hasbro would buy Kenner so that the figures would have awesome articulation like GiJoe. One of the things that made me loose interest in the old Star Wars toys was not that there weren't any more movies coming out but that the figures were so rigid. The irony of this story is that Hasbro buys Kenner and for the most part adopts their distain for articulation. I wonder what company bought who?

Somebody smack him.

Look man, the joints don't always get insanely loose, and you can PLAY with joes you can't play with sw statues. Why should it be so distingushed? If they were simliar in construction hasbro could save tons of cash in the occaisonal reuse of a part.

you can pose joes in far more positions, especialy ones with added articulation.

Hasbro may save money on body parts but, do you really like seeing reused parts? when I collected all the Toybiz Marvel lines between '95 to '01, they reused molds constantly. I mean do you really want the same positioning all the time? and another thing, Detail, Detail, Detail!!!!! you can't hide all articulations, look at Coleman Trebor, those shoulder joints really pop out. I mean it would be cool to have all that articulation but.......

I guess unless you're an obsessive compulsive action figure collector like me, who compares and contrasts everything ,customizes things constantly, has thousands upon thousands of figures, and is a real critict...

you'd know what I mean..........but that's my opinion......

ALL "action figures" should have Joe style articulation. Imagine if He-Man was this articulated back in the 80s (or even now)!

Star Wars figures have horrible articulation. Sure, you can put them into positions NOT possible with Joe, but that is the ONLY position they can be put in. My roommate use to collect SW figures, 1 to open, 1 to play and those things were horrible (articulation-wise).

Plus, I would rather have ONE version of Han Solo which can be posed how I want him to be rather than 17 versions of the character. Sure, they have different figures for the different outfits, but they also have Han Solo in Hoth gear: Tauntaun gutting scene, Echo Base scene, Probe Droid scene, ad nauseum.

Hasbro may save money on body parts but, do you really like seeing reused parts? when I collected all the Toybiz Marvel lines between '95 to '01, they reused molds constantly. I mean do you really want the same positioning all the time? and another thing, Detail, Detail, Detail!!!!! you can't hide all articulations, look at Coleman Trebor, those shoulder joints really pop out. I mean it would be cool to have all that articulation but.......

I guess unless you're an obsessive compulsive action figure collector like me, who compares and contrasts everything ,customizes things constantly, has thousands upon thousands of figures, and is a real critict...

Same positioning all the time? That's the EXACT problem with SW figures! You only GET one position.

Why would you want to "hide articulation?" Sure SW figures are getting better articulation wise, but then there is the OTHER problem I mentioned.

As for reused parts, I don't have a problem with it, other than reusing heads.

Hasbro may save money on body parts but, do you really like seeing reused parts? when I collected all the Toybiz Marvel lines between '95 to '01, they reused molds constantly. I mean do you really want the same positioning all the time?  and another thing, Detail, Detail, Detail!!!!! you can't hide all articulations, look at Coleman Trebor, those shoulder joints really pop out. I mean it would be cool to have all that articulation but.......

Same positioning all the time? That's the EXACT problem with SW figures! You only GET one position.

Why would you want to "hide articulation?" Sure SW figures are getting better articulation wise, but then there is the OTHER problem I mentioned.

As for reused parts, I don't have a problem with it, other than reusing heads.

The heads should be different unless tehy are the same character then they should have the same head.

But eyah it would be minor between liens but the lower part of a swivel ankle or a hand. and of course you could use ninja molds with jedi ones.

I'd also like cloth vs. plastic, but that is another battle.

yes, i would probably buy more star wars.

in fact, i remember when i bought my first star wars stuff about a year ago hoping to add it to my joe collection (Rebel trooper or something), and when i opened the jango fett i was HORRIFIED--i automatically assumed they were all articulated!

Well needless to say they all went right back to the store!

Well, at least the vehicles fit joes quite nicely. My clone transport or whatever it is called makes a handsome joe support/transport. And as soon as I get my grubby paws on the FAO exclusive imperial shuttle it will make the perfect CC personal transport.

As for SW figures, Well half the time they have to make a special figure just to fit in their own vehicles. Pooooooor designe choice. But keep the cool vehicles coming.

Snake Eyes needs a light sabre