Wave 8 Is Being Recalled!?

Ccav

I have word from my work( TRU) that no cases of the wave 8 boxes are to be stocked and all wave 8 & 7.5 boxes are to be held over for return

to Hasblow.

and a friend of mine who works at Walmart just told me...that he is no longer allowed to stock up any new G.I. joe boxes period...all of thier boxes are to be semt back to hasblow...

yep...this officially sucks

in the words of Cartman

Hasbro.." You can lick my balls' @pow@ @bananna@

If the reason for recalling the figures is so that V vs. V isn't mixed in with spytroops, then why don't they recall whats left of wave 5 & 6? I still see plenty of those around. Or the vehicles? Why not everything with a spytroops label on it?

I wish Hasbro would be a little more honest about things and post news and information on their websites so those internet Joe fans could be aware of what is going on here. @hmmm@

Would it hurt them to post something like "Unopened boxes of Wave 8 are being recalled to Hasbro for the following reasons..." etc.etc.?I don't think it's a defective piece,because then they would've made it widely known that there were defects.If they didn't,they'd be liable to be sued because they aren't letting the public know of it.

I think the main reason they are doing this is because with the Valor vs. Venom packages coming in,they don't want it sitting next to the 'older' Spytroops gimmick...but if that's the case...why does Hasbro still let Wave 5,6,and 7 still sit on shelves?Either way I see it,VvV is going to be sitting next to some Spytroops packs for a long while.Hasbro has really sort of messed things up lately with JvC shipments,Wave 6's delay of the Sand Viper pack,Wave 7's overall shipping delay,and now it seems that Sgt.Airborne and the Tele-Viper will become scarce because Hasbro is doing a recall just a few weeks after the pack has reached stateside.

There's a lot of questions I have to ask Hasbro and this just adds to it,I wish they'd just let the Joe fandom out there know what was going on.

I wish Hasbro would be a little more honest about things and post news and information on their websites so those internet Joe fans could be aware of what is going on here. @hmmm@

Would it hurt them to post something like "Unopened boxes of Wave 8 are being recalled to Hasbro for the following reasons..." etc.etc.?I don't think it's a defective piece,because then they would've made it widely known that there were defects.If they didn't,they'd be liable to be sued because they aren't letting the public know of it.

I think the main reason they are doing this is because with the Valor vs. Venom packages coming in,they don't want it sitting next to the 'older' Spytroops gimmick...but if that's the case...why does Hasbro still let Wave 5,6,and 7 still sit on shelves?Either way I see it,VvV is going to be sitting next to some Spytroops packs for a long while.Hasbro has really sort of messed things up lately with JvC shipments,Wave 6's delay of the Sand Viper pack,Wave 7's overall shipping delay,and now it seems that Sgt.Airborne and the Tele-Viper will become scarce because Hasbro is doing a recall just a few weeks after the pack has reached stateside.

There's a lot of questions I have to ask Hasbro and this just adds to it,I wish they'd just let the Joe fandom out there know what was going on.

Basically in a nut shell CC... Hasbro doesn't want to let people know what they are doing...

It's like this... If they were to say on their website what was going on then we wouldn't have a reason to discuss Joes with other people and wouldn't have a reason for this type of forum. Hasbro is smart to keep people guessing and not give away any information on their website to keep a fan based going...

To answer your question about why doesn't Hasbro say something about the cases being recalled, etc... This is the smart part of Hasbro...

They won't say anything cause they know people will keep going to the stores looking for the product hoping something slips by... This also keeps Hasbro a low profile of getting asked a lot of questions about why the cases are being recalled, etc...

Hasbro maybe recalling old, unopened cases cause they want to push the Valor Vs. Venom for the holidays but won't take back old stock on the pegs cause they know they have no use for it and they can't pull everything cause then people will complain sort of like MOTU... Nothing on the pegs and nothing new out!

Does this include the repainted Vemon Cycle and Treadfire? I really wanted that Venom Cycle. All the other stuff I need is in layaway at Wal-Mart.

And everybody chill. We'll see the figures again. Who the hell is going to loose that much money just to push VvV? No one. So chill.

They can't recall stuff that is on the shelves already. Otherwise they would have to do a general consumer recall, wouldn't they? Therefore, they wont' recall waves 1-7 (as the case may be( because all the products for those waves are on the shelves. SOME of wave 8 and 7.5 are on the selves. What they are recalling is the REST of those waes NOT on the shelves. Sure, lots of places still have earlier wave "peg warmers" but that doesn't factor in to this cause they are assuming that a previous waves have cleared by now, at least enough to not interfere with V3.

And they aren't planning on doing vehicles (at least not a lot of them ike figure packs) and the vehices can be used with tne new ine, so why dump them too?

I can't imagine the figures are defective. I have them all and they don't appear to be defective.

Yes, it sucks, but it appears they want to make SURE that V3 gets on the shelves. Waves 7.5 and 8 are THE waves on the pegs now, get rid of those and the pegs are empty for V3.

We can only hope that they eventually do these packs in V3 colors.

What I don't understand is why mess with the online stores? Just how many "kids" order their stuff online? THAT is the one place to actually find stuff if the stores are sold out.

They can't recall stuff that is on the shelves already. Otherwise they would have to do a general consumer recall, wouldn't they? Therefore, they wont' recall waves 1-7 (as the case may be( because all the products for those waves are on the shelves. SOME of wave 8 and 7.5 are on the selves. What they are recalling is the REST of those waes NOT on the shelves. Sure, lots of places still have earlier wave "peg warmers" but that doesn't factor in to this cause they are assuming that a previous waves have cleared by now, at least enough to not interfere with V3.

Well they can't.....but they can send in a Hasbro Rep to clean out all the old stuff and replace it with the newer 3V stuff. They did this during Episode 1 figure glut.

What I don't understand is why mess with the online stores?  Just how many "kids" order their stuff online?  THAT is the one place to actually find stuff if the stores are sold out.

Actually Im sure it is as simple as they took care of the big retailers first, and then decided to recall the stuff before they could send it to the online retailers.

They can't recall stuff that is on the shelves already.  Otherwise they would have to do a general consumer recall, wouldn't they?  Therefore, they wont' recall waves 1-7 (as the case may be( because all the products for those waves are on the shelves.  SOME of wave 8 and 7.5 are on the selves.  What they are recalling is the REST of those waes NOT on the shelves.  Sure, lots of places still have earlier wave "peg warmers" but that doesn't factor in to this cause they are assuming that a previous waves have cleared by now, at least enough to not interfere with V3.

Well they can't.....but they can send in a Hasbro Rep to clean out all the old stuff and replace it with the newer 3V stuff. They did this during Episode 1 figure glut.

What I don't understand is why mess with the online stores?  Just how many "kids" order their stuff online?  THAT is the one place to actually find stuff if the stores are sold out.

Actually Im sure it is as simple as they took care of the big retailers first, and then decided to recall the stuff before they could send it to the online retailers.

Oh, I know that. But I also see how Star Wars figures and Transformers literally CLUTTER the shelves, going no where.

But that's what I mean, WHY recall the stuff from online distributors? Are they REALLY that affraid the people will chose to buy the remains of Wave 7.5 and 8 over the V3 stuff? I could buy that from retail places, but not online. It is mostly collectors that buy online and collectors, well they collect, and the odds of them deciding not to get BOTH is highly unlikely.

I think I know what's up. Lots of times when a paticular line isn't selling as well as planned or new products are comming out, Hasbro recalls them to be sent to outlet stores like Big Lots,Kaybee, or Value City. Don't be suppirsed if you see these guys cheap some wear. The same thing happed with Transformers RID Prime, Ultra Magnus, and the repaints of the Autobot Brothers.

But that's what I mean, WHY recall the stuff from online distributors? Are they REALLY that affraid the people will chose to buy the remains of Wave 7.5 and 8 over the V3 stuff? I could buy that from retail places, but not online. It is mostly collectors that buy online and collectors, well they collect, and the odds of them deciding not to get BOTH is highly unlikely.

I don't think they recalled them from Online distributors......Rather they just canceled all order for new stock/re-stock. I don't think it's an issue of takeing anything away from one place or another.....but just canceling ALL Of them.