Joe Figure Swapping

GeneralZod

Hey room, Im wondering what you all thing about buying Jvc packs then swapping out the figure you want then returning the pack for another. Personally I really think its foul. We have a Toy Baron over here in Va who is doing that at several stores and its really irking me because I cant get or find what I want. I went to a brand new target a few weeks ago and was real happy that I found some NV/NVC packs. After shifting through the rest of the packs I started seeing where a person swapped out several joes. Over the weeks I noticed this more and more. well today I went to a Kmart and guess what I saw....5 Televiper packs with no Televipers....just Airborne and Mirage. U can imagine my anger at that. What irks me about this is that I know its an adult/teen collector doing it. I cant see a kid covering this much ground....nor can I see a parent letting this happen. Also kids dont know any better so they will buy the swapped out stuff thinking that they are getting the figures they want. Its also shows how pressed us adult/teen collectors are to army build certain figures. I mean I have a ton of mirages that I dont want, but I went ahead and kept them and used them for customizing instead of capitalizing on some idiot employee person who doesnt know anything about joe. I look at it like this. Suck it up and buy the crappy figure with the figure you want. Give it to your son, cousin or donate it to someone else, but swapping it out is just...well foul. I think that stores need to have people in the toy department who know what figures go with what so when the people come back with the false ones and try to return it for another one they can cut it off at the pass. I think this way we should all be able to get what we want. Im sure Hasbro reps see this when they go to the stores to....in fact I know they do because Ive seen them taking the figures away and marking down stuff on a clipboard when they are in the store. Anyway thats how I see it...what do you think?

just a tip for anyone who does swap!

make sure thier isnt a camera right on top of you...cause they will be able to see if you bought it that way!

just goes to show...all crooks are indeed stupid

if i caught a dude swapping figures, OMG!

I DONT CARE IF HE IS BIGGER THAN ME OR WHATEVER!

I WOULD BEAT THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF THE LOSER THAT STEALS FIGURE, TELL HIM TO GET HIS ASS UP AND GO GET A JOB AND PAY FOR THE FIGURES, DONT STEAL FIGURES WHICH REAL COLLECTORS! NEED!

STUPID HASBLOW!

Bad newsguys. the wave 9 packaging is going to make this dastardly deed even easer! The bubbles are only glued down on the top. The left, right, and Bottom have the plastic from the bubble going over the edges, and wrapping around the back of the card about a half inch. then they are taped own. It would be even easier for these jerks to slice the tape, open the figures, do the switch, and throw more tape over it! I can not Believe Hasbro would actually HELP these morons do this, but it looks like they are!

Bad newsguys. the wave 9 packaging is going to make this dastardly deed even easer! The bubbles are only glued down on the top. The left, right, and Bottom have the plastic from the bubble going over the edges, and wrapping around the back of the card about a half inch. then they are taped own. It would be even easier for these jerks to slice the tape, open the figures, do the switch, and throw more tape over it! I can not Believe Hasbro would actually HELP these morons do this, but it looks like they are!

@hmmm@ Way to go Hasblow......just make it easier for jackasses to do there thing.

Draven #US1#

i actually thought about doing this one time..... i didnt though! cause i do know right from wrong but....i bought the big BTR typone or whatever its called just to get the JvC blowtorch...and i had like 3 old 84 blowtorches layin around all in great shape it would of been sooooo easy to just pop one of them in and take it back to Kmart they never would of known instead i did the switcharoo and gave the set to my nephew. who loved it and the 84 blowtorch even without the mask. so what are my thought on switching figures.....its bad, and this coming from someone who is a bit fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing! :D

TM

While I agree figure swapping is sleazy...You guys are so quick to assume its us younger collectors doing it. More so than that, I thought it was amusing that GeneralZod doesnt think us "kids" can cover a large area. Let me assure you, I have every SW figure released since the '95 relaunch, every Joe since the relaunch, and most of the MOTU series, along with other collections where I am not neccesarily a completist. I have to cover half the state's stores to be able to keep up with this. Another funny thing is how the older collectors, who know me quite well, have basically declared war on me to try and stop me from getting anything. Now, I make it a point to foil them as well. It's people my age working at the toy stores...they are willing to go out back for me, but now that I've told them about some of the other "infamous" collectors they have stopped being cooperative with them.

While I agree figure swapping is sleazy...You guys are so quick to assume its us younger collectors doing it. More so than that, I thought it was amusing that GeneralZod doesnt think us "kids" can cover a large area. Let me assure you, I have every SW figure released since the '95 relaunch, every Joe since the relaunch, and most of the MOTU series, along with other collections where I am not neccesarily a completist. I have to cover half the state's stores to be able to keep up with this. Another funny thing is how the older collectors, who know me quite well, have basically declared war on me to try and stop me from getting anything. Now, I make it a point to foil them as well. It's people my age working at the toy stores...they are willing to go out back for me, but now that I've told them about some of the other "infamous" collectors they have stopped being cooperative with them.

You Suck! @smilepunch@

as for swapping out figures i think sleazy comes in all the age groups so to say that its all the younger guys is just wrong! speaking as an older collector i wouldnt do it but i know some guys my age that do and or have done it. im sure its a good mix of ages in the underbelly of the collecting community! @grumpy@

TM

hey general zod when coming back how from CYBERCON in new jersey , SS49, myself and Ironhide_chick stopped at some VA stores where someone was doing that at the target and Toys r us, and we told the managers of both stores so heres hoping he wont do that to those places again.