Did Superman Really Beat Thor?

Beach Head

http://www.mangagirl.org/artofwolfe/pic/cr.../thorsupes.html

I don't know if it is true or not. Supposedly Loki and Luther conspired to get Superman and Thor to fight. Thor would beat Superman if they had to fight. Thunder God vs Superman. Of course it could depend on which age of DC you get Superman from. His power level has varied greatly.

yea I think superman is stronger then Thor..... But thats just my opinion Beachhead

Yeah he is way stronger than Thor, but Thor has better fighting skills, and never tires. He also has magical attcks with Mjolnir, and that Superman's weakness.

Ok, I think Supes is stronger that Thor. Why?

The Ultimates: Thor hit Hulk, with his Mjolnir. Hulk still stood up and beat the crap out of Thor.

Marvel/DC Crossover: Superman defeated Hulk using almost all of his power.(Thor barely made tickles to Hulk)

So, IF my theory is correct, Superman defeated Hulk who defeated Thor, so, Superman is stronger. I know they are different universes, but that´s the closest "based on" theory i could get. :)

Of course, im not using power charts or something...

This is the problem with cross-over fights, comparing two completely different fictional paradigms never works. Thor and Superman should be a close match that can go either way. I haven't read the latest cross-over but my recollection from a review I read is that Supes won against Thor, but was then jumped by four of the Avengers who took him out. You'll have to read it yourself for the details.

Oh, don't compare Thor from the Ultimates series to the "real" Thor because they're really not the same character. Marvel hasn't said anything specifically, but the Ultimates Thor appears to have been downgraded significantly. The only Ultimates character who seems tougher than his "regular" counterpart is Captain America.

I think Thor is stronger than Superman.But Supes may be a little smarter than Thor.Thor has a viking warrior instinct to just go out there kick @$$...and well kick some more @$$.If Supes and Thor were fighting,I'm sure Supes would especially go for Thor's hammer since it is a heavy influence of his god-like powers.

But I think in the end it will be the Thundergod taking out the Man of Steel.

Hey crazykreeper,welcome to TNI,but you think you could resize your signature image and make it smaller please so it doesn't stretch the window?

i've got the comic and superman defiantely beats Thor but admits that Thor was probably the toughest foe he's ever stood up against.

my opinion who would realy win:

it still would be superman. you can't use the excuse that superMAN is a man and thor is a god so he should win, superman has resurrected from the dead just like the most famous god of all, Jesus Christ @lol@ you can't get closer to a god than that. @wink@ Thor is probably a better fighter only because superman is just that strong were he barely has cause to use his fighting skills when one good hit usely does the trick. but he has proven that he can fight against foes like doomsday and mongul were he's gotten into knock down drug outs. not to mention Batman has trained superman some. also superman is defiantely a smarter and tatical fighter as being the leader of the JLA. could you imagine THOR the head of the Avengers?? @loll@

in the heat of battle

captain america.- "what we are doing doesn't seem to be working, he only seems to get stronger, maybe we should retreat to form a plan to counter attack, Thor?"

Thor-"thou shalt not retreat to counter attack"

captain america- "but thor, shouldn't we atleast try to form some kinda strategy, we've taken heavy lost...."

Thor- "shut up worm! the mighty thor retreats from no man.....PUSH FORWAAAARD!!"

@loll@ well something like that

not to take anything from Thor but there's no way he could defeat the man of steel. somebody said Thor doesn't get tired....like superman does @lol@ hell, superman doesn't even need to eat. ya'll are also forgetting superman is ALOT faster than Thor , which speed does play a major part in a fight. he could move faster than Thor could see and that gotta count for something. not to menntion supes other powers like heat vision (which helped take the fight oughta thor some)and just because magic can hurt superman doesn't mean he can automaticaly be defeated by it. just like vampires can penetrate supes skin because of magic that doesn't mean Morbius can beat superman. @lol@

like i said, this is only my opinion so nobody take it personal. we all know how you marvel guys can get *coughjoefixit* *coughbatmanvshulk* @smilepunch@ @lol@ @wink@

i've got the comic and superman defiantely beats Thor but admits that Thor was probably the toughest foe he's ever stood up against.

it still would be superman. you can't use the excuse that superMAN is a man and thor is a god so he should win, superman has resurrected from the dead just like the most famous god of all, Jesus Christ @lol@ you can't get closer to a god than that. @wink@ Thor is probably a better fighter only because superman is just that strong were he barely has cause to use his fighting skills when one good hit usely does the trick. but he has proven that he can fight against foes like doomsday and mongul were he's gotten into knock down drug outs. not to mention Batman has trained superman some. also superman is defiantely a smarter and tatical fighter as being the leader of the JLA. could you imagine THOR the head of the Avengers?? @loll@

in the heat of battle

captain america.- "what we are doing doesn't seem to be working, he only seems to get stronger, maybe we should retreat to form a plan to counter attack, Thor?"

captain america- "but thor, shouldn't we atleast try to form some kinda strategy, we've taken heavy lost...."

Thor- "shut up worm! the mighty thor retreats from no man.....PUSH FORWAAAARD!!"

not to take anything from Thor but there's no way he could defeat the man of steel. somebody said Thor doesn't get tired....like superman does @lol@ hell, superman doesn't even need to eat. ya'll are also forgetting superman is ALOT faster than Thor , which speed does play a major part in a fight. he could move faster than Thor could see and that gotta count for something. not to menntion supes other powers like heat vision (which helped take the fight oughta thor some)and just because magic can hurt superman doesn't mean he can automaticaly be defeated by it. just like vampires can penetrate supes skin because of magic that doesn't mean Morbius can beat superman. @lol@

like i said, this is only my opinion so nobody take it personal. we all know how you marvel guys can get *coughjoefixit* *coughbatmanvshulk* @smilepunch@ @lol@ @wink@

@haha@ OMG CHAZZ,PLZ...U DID NOT JUST SAY ALL DAT. THUR WOULD SOO KIX SUPRMAN'S @$$ IT WOULDNT B FUNNY. @haha@

Well...in JLA/Avengers,Superman did manage to take out Thor,but I wonder how Marvel got to concede to that.My guess is that DC promised that they'd allow Thor to take out Supes later in the series,which I'll think will happen.

I'd honestly love to see both sides sit down and critically discuss who would win battles between main characters from both the Marvel and DC universe.There's some Marvel characters out there that are physically and mentally better than DC characters...but you can say the same about some DC characters.It's just a matter of egos and character properties,which I can understand completely.

Too bad we didn't see that Captain America/Batman battle go all out.

in the heat of battle

Thor has taken blasts that could hurt Galactus, and he once even took a blast that killed Hercules in the battle vs. Korvac in Avengers #177. He fights guys like Surtur, Loki, etc...

Ain't no way some puny heat vision is going to stop Thor. He could always defelct it with Mjolnir, and if he unleashes his unfettered might with his hammer on Superman then its over for Supes. Supes is fast, but he's not know to be the agile dodging type like Spider-Man. He'd most likely try to stop an unfettered might attack with his chest, and then it would be "a wrap". :)

Ain't no way some puny heat vision is going to stop Thor. He could always defelct it with Mjolnir, and if he unleashes his unfettered might with his hammer on Superman then its over for Supes. Supes is fast, but he's not know to be the agile dodging type like Spider-Man. He'd most likely try to stop an unfettered might attack with his chest, and then it would be "a wrap". :)

"puny heat vision?!?!" @lol@ supes heat vision is hotter than the sun, and if the sun can make the hottest desert feel the way they do billions of light years away just think how the sun would feel up close and personal. now i doubt it serious that Thor could take a stroll on the sun without being faded, not saying he would die but it would defiantely do some kinda damage on him being that he is half half human.

didnt know superman heat vision is hotter then the sun.....but if thjis is true what comic or were did u get your info from....i am into facts...

Here is a question for ya gals.... can thor take a hit from supes flying at him at light speed? @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

smandance.gif

it still would be superman. you can't use the excuse that superMAN is a man and thor is a god so he should win, superman has resurrected from the dead just like the most famous god of all, Jesus Christ @lol@ you can't get closer to a god than that. @wink@ Thor is probably a better fighter only because superman is just that strong were he barely has cause to use his fighting skills when one good hit usely does the trick. but he has proven that he can fight against foes like doomsday and mongul were he's gotten into knock down drug outs. not to mention Batman has trained superman some. also superman is defiantely a smarter and tatical fighter as being the leader of the JLA. could you imagine THOR the head of the Avengers??  @loll@

in the heat of battle

like i said, this is only my opinion so nobody take it personal. we all know how you marvel guys can get *coughjoefixit* *coughbatmanvshulk*  @smilepunch@ @lol@ @wink@

Thor has taken blasts that could hurt Galactus, and he once even took a blast that killed Hercules in the battle vs. Korvac in Avengers #177. He fights guys like Surtur, Loki, etc...

sup Beachhead.... I think supes can stop Mjolnir...he stop his hammer in that comic JLa/avengers....so maybe he can stop that unfettered might?

smandance.gif

"puny heat vision?!?!" @lol@ supes heat vision is hotter than the sun, and if the sun can make the hottest desert feel the way they do billions of light years away just think how the sun would feel up close and personal. now i doubt it serious that Thor could take a stroll on the sun without being faded, not saying he would die but it would defiantely do some kinda damage on him being that he is half half human.

Chazz, his heat vision for all its power still cannot burn Mjolnir. Thor would could deflect it all day with his hammer. He's been deflecting worse for ages.

In Wizard Magazine #70 which I still have...it ranked the 10 most powerful super heroes in Marvel, and Dc combined. Superman was #3, and The Mighty Thor was #2 behind Silver Surfer. It read of Thor vs Supes "While Superman has the edge in speed, and flight, once again Thor's warrior training, and combat experience would give him the edge he needs to have more of his blows connect, eventually laying the Kryptonian flat. It's all in the name Super-Man; Thor, God Of Thunder."

It basically said the same I have been saying. It will take more than raw strength to beat the skills of Thor. Just like in real life. Stronger doesn't always mean more skilled.

Did u ever see what Thor did to Gladiator? Gladiator is Marvel's rip off of Superman with invulnerability to physical attacks, super flight, and heat vision. Thor beat him so bad he almost killed him, and had to be stopped byWonder Man, and a few others. Gladiator is almost impossible to stop with physical force.

it still would be superman. you can't use the excuse that superMAN is a man and thor is a god so he should win, superman has resurrected from the dead just like the most famous god of all, Jesus Christ @lol@ you can't get closer to a god than that. @wink@ Thor is probably a better fighter only because superman is just that strong were he barely has cause to use his fighting skills when one good hit usely does the trick. but he has proven that he can fight against foes like doomsday and mongul were he's gotten into knock down drug outs. not to mention Batman has trained superman some. also superman is defiantely a smarter and tatical fighter as being the leader of the JLA. could you imagine THOR the head of the Avengers??  @loll@

in the heat of battle

like i said, this is only my opinion so nobody take it personal. we all know how you marvel guys can get *coughjoefixit* *coughbatmanvshulk*  @smilepunch@ @lol@ @wink@

sup Beachhead.... I think supes can stop Mjolnir...he stop his hammer in that comic JLa/avengers....so maybe he can stop that unfettered might?

smandance.gif

Whats up Kreeper! I doubt Superman can stop the unfettered might because it is more of an edged attack because of the energy surrounding the hammer. I don't know why, but it must be deadly if its an edged attack, and there are no blades involved.

There are so many things that Thor could do with his hammer. He could even put Superman in another dimension if he got annoyed enogh with him.

What? I have no idea what you mean? @smilepunch@ @wink@

Seriously, though, as I said above, that's the whole problem with cross-overs like this, they compare characters from different fictional paradigms and no one can ever agree how to match them up so they are endless controversy. Someone mentioned the Wizard article where they tried to do it and provided arguments for how they ranked their list, but that's just another set of arguments among many; no one ever agrees on this sort of thing.

For me, anyone who knows the powers of both Supes and Thor has to concede that each has the ability to beat the other. Whoever wins is up to the writers. Calling Superman a "man" means nothing. Thor's "god" status (like all "god" status in comicdom) simply winds up being powerful and living a long time -- big deal. That's nothing special, that's half the Marvel Universe, and Supes has every bit as much claim to such a title if you get down to it. On the other hand, if you look at Thor's bio he's maxed out on everything (including speed, btw, for those who raised that issue). The only advantge Thor's "god" status might give is the magic in his hammer, since magic is a weakness for Supes.

So I have no problem with Supes winning against Thor, nor do I have a problem with Thor winning against Supes. My only request (to the writers) is that they give us a good issue to read no matter who wins, and that neither racks up an unbalanced winning record against the other if they continue these cross-overs.

I wouldnt trust wizard when it comes to who is the most powerful because they are so marvel biased its not funny , I even emailed them once asking if marvel paid them off.

Well even so, it's not like Wizard has access to any "secret" information we don't have. We can look at the character bios just as easily and draw our own conclusions. Just last year Marvel published an encyclopedia with all this information on most of its main characters. I don't know if DC has done the same, but this information is available in some similar form I'm sure.

Superman is the leader of the JLA, thus he has a great tactical mind? That's a good one. He's the leader because of his power class and recognizability. Batman and Manhunter do all the tactical work. Batman is only a part-timer and puts Gotham first, and the Earthlings would never accept J'onn as "better" than Superman.

As for the fight, I always go with the faster guy, which is Supes as far as I know. It doesn't matter how strong or magical you are, if I can hit you 50 times before you even see me move, you stand no chance at all.