Florida Marlins 2003 World Champions!!!!

Iceman

Hell Yeah!!!!

This boring team that didn't deserve to be there just beat the fabled New York Yankees to rightfully claim the title of World Champions!!

I don't care what anyone says. This team that nobody wanted to watch because they aren't the Cubs or Red Sox have done the unthinkable.

Josh Beckett was simply amazing!!

Aww man right now I am on cloud 9!

Florida Marlins = 2003 World Series Champions

Choke on that all you haters!

Joe Torre should be fired! He made some horrible moves during the season, and in the postseason. The Marlins will soon be back to their usual 15,000 fans. The Evil Empire will rise again.

Beach Head send me your address so I can send you a box of Kleenex.

15,000? you had 3 too many zeros on there. Pretty sad that the "fans" only come out when they win. I have followed this club since day 1 back in 1993. I try to go as many games as possible each year and I have had to suffer thru some terrible ball (especially when my other team, the Mets, come to town). However, this is worth all the pain we had to digest from 98 until last night. The best part of all was beating the Yankees who represent everything that is wrong with baseball. It ffeels great to see Jeter and Co. watching in shock as they were manhandled by Josh Beckett and that stingy Marlin defense.

Please don't call this a fluke as it has already been documented that since May 23 the Marlins have had the best record in baseball.

We are the champions...of the world!

How are we everything wrong with Baseball? Crappy teams sell out regular season tix when we come into town. I could have managed the Yankees better than Torre. The Marlins are a scrappy team, but idiotic decisions made by Torre contributed to them beating us.

Since the beginning of the year I have been wondering WTF Soriano was a leadoff man? Torre waits till the WS to finally move him outta there. Torre also kept Boone in there in game 4 knowing he was a threat to strike out with runners on the corners with 1 out, and a power pitcher(Looper) on the mound. We couldn't evn get a sac fly. At least Wilson puts the bat on the ball. If we get that run then we goto Mariano, and Weaver never comes in maybe. Torre is the manager, and a manager should teach his team fundamentals like bunting, going the other way, and not swinging at first pitches which really killed this team.

His past teams I guess didn't need to be taught that, but now we have Sori going crazy, Giambi refusing to go the other way, poor defense, and a lackluster attitude. I remember me complaining about him putting Todd Zeile at cleanup earlier in the year. The Yankees need a manager thats going to get in their ass, and yell at them at times. Torre seems afraid to do that. I credit McKeon for lighting a fire under The Marlins. He's not afraid to make a move because of hurting the ego of a certain player.

I can't get too mad at Boone because he put us over The Bosox, but Cashman needs to do his research. Even I knew that Boone was another Soriano at the plate before we got him. His homer happy park he played in was also known by me. We gave up a good pitching prospect for him.

Iceman, I don't remember you being a Marlin fan, but I do remember you being a Met fan so I can understand the pain you have gone through especially after the 2000 WS. Remember the phrase "Mets in 3000?" Would be nice if George stuck it to the Marlins, and lured Pudge, and Castillo over here for next year. That would be sweet. We'll be back, but changes have to be made.

Yankees are not bad for baseball. I know everybody hates Steinbrenner but deep down you know you want him as your owner. He is a great owner because he spends the money and wants to win. Hell I want him for an owner on the Mets. As much as I have some issues with the Yankees I do not hate them or blame them for the problems with baseball. Other teams have the money to spend and improve their team. It's just the Yankees have more to spend. Why are people complaining that it's the Yankees fault that bad teams Tigers, Royals, Expos like can't compete with them. It's not their fault these teams make stupid moves. Other teams like Rangers, Mets, Red Sox Indians, Orioles, Giants, Atlanta, etc have spent the money but most of the time the move doesn't work out for them.

As for the World Series:

Joe Torre made the dumbest move in the WS Game 4 by pitching Weaver in extra innings. @grumpy@ I know you can't use Mariano Rivera there but couldn't he use someone else besides Weaver? ONce Weaver was on the mound I knew the game was over. The Yankees relied too much on Pettite to bail them out of situations like Game 6.

I never liked the Aaron Boone trade at all. Trading a young good left hander for a so-so player. @hmmm@ I've always said Soriano is an overrated player.

This World Series ended the Yankee Dynasty. You won't be seeing the Yankees in the World Series for probably 5 years. Joe Torre will be gone, Zimmer, Mel, Clemens, Wells, Weaver, Boone, and probably Brian Cashman.

Yankees are not bad for baseball. I know everybody hates Steinbrenner but deep down you know you want him as your owner. He is a great owner because he spends the money and wants to win. Hell I want him for an owner on the Mets. As much as I have some issues with the Yankees I do not hate them or blame them for the problems with baseball. Other teams have the money to spend and improve their team. It's just the Yankees have more to spend. Why are people complaining that it's the Yankees fault that bad teams Tigers, Royals, Expos like  can't compete with them. It's not their fault these teams make stupid moves. Other teams like Rangers, Mets, Red Sox  Indians, Orioles, Giants, Atlanta, etc have spent the money but most of the time the move doesn't work out for them.

As for the World Series:

Joe Torre made the dumbest move in the WS Game 4 by pitching Weaver in extra innings.  @grumpy@ I know you can't use Mariano Rivera there but couldn't he use someone else besides Weaver? ONce Weaver was on the mound I knew the game was over. The Yankees relied too much on Pettite to bail them out of situations like Game 6.

I never liked the Aaron Boone trade at all. Trading a young good left hander for a so-so player.  @hmmm@  I've always said Soriano is an overrated player.

This World Series ended the Yankee Dynasty. You won't be seeing the Yankees in the World Series for probably 5 years. Joe Torre will be gone, Zimmer, Mel, Clemens, Wells, Weaver, Boone, and probably Brian Cashman.

Great post RoyalMarine. Never thought I'd agree with a Met fan. :) :) :)

Beach Head send me your address so I can send you a box of Kleenex.

15,000? you had 3 too many zeros on there. Pretty sad that the "fans" only come out when they win. I have followed this club since day 1 back in 1993. I try to go as many games as possible each year and I have had to suffer thru some terrible ball (especially when my other team, the Mets, come to town). However, this is worth all the pain we had to digest from 98 until last night. The best part of all was beating the Yankees who represent everything that is wrong with baseball. It ffeels great to see Jeter and Co. watching in shock as they were manhandled by Josh Beckett and that stingy Marlin defense.

Please don't call this a fluke as it has already been documented that since May 23 the Marlins have had the best record in baseball.

We are the champions...of the world!

That is my feeling except for Football, Florida fans are some of the worst fans in sports and I know cause I live in Florida it seems to be after a season or 2 of a bad year and they forget about them. Look at the Panthers the year after they lost the Stanley Cup finals the whole end of the season to the playoffs you saw Panther everything everywhere shirts, cards, hats, flags, etc. The next year no one gave a damn about them. The Heat the firts year they didn't make the playoffs no one cared about them. The Marlins won the World Series, granted they were dismantled, no one showed up for the games. You gotta show your support for you team no matter what. I hate Florida Fans they are probably the worst sport fans for Baseball, Hockey, and Basketball anywhere in the US @firedevil@

Damn that felt good

Beach Head - Yes I am a Mets fan too. I know it is kind of hard to fathom since both teams are in the NL East. I was born in NY and grew up being a Mets fan...still am to this day even though I now live in FL. The Mets will probably always be my number 1 team but I would be lying if I were to say that the Marlins were not a very, very close second. I love this Marlins team of scrappy players who refuse to give in and lose.

As far as Steinbrenner. I don't want him to be my owner. The only reason he is any good is because he has so much damn money to spend. Hell, I could do just as good....no better, if I had the type of scratch that he has to toss around. Yes the Yanks aren't bad for the game but George is. I can't fault the team for his actions. It doesn't matter anyway because I have a feeling that a lockout is inevitable and if that were to happen I don't think baseball would ever recover from it.

Yes I remember that Mets in 3000 sign @grumpy@

Finally, Florida fans are the worst fans on the planet. I am a big Panther fan and everything that was said by Marvel_Joe_Spider is 100% true. They jumped on the Panther wagon just like they have with the Marlins. Once the team falters noone will give a rats ass anymore. We didn't deserve the Marlins to win the World Series because up until the point that we won the wild card noone other than a handful of us caould have given a flying F about them.

I hate being associated with the typical Florida fan.