Where Are The Old Schoolers?

martini_847

yeah but you can scratch off Meeting Skarapz off your Things to do before you die list  @smilepunch@

right.. but I had to find you!

you weren't even looking for me @grumpy@

lol sorry man i was worried about getting the exclusives lol, plus you said you had a hurt foot, so i was looking for someone in crutches lol #US1#

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would have one by now if you gave you entire self to ADC, instead of going to DD all the time @smilepunch@

Actually, I'm here most of the time now. I'd probably be here and there like an equal amount of time if I had time to pick up the comic, which I have not done in a while.

Ironically, despite my join date, I was lurking here first. And it was this place that lead me to DD (which is were I posted first - and it was anime related).

nah.. you are pretty close actually..

but when we say Oldschool.. we mean guys that started this b*tch! #US1#

Ahh... I see. ;)

You know whats Ironic , 8speed and Procko talked about adc all the time and i had no idea what they were talking about, so I checked it out. And am I glad I did. #US1#

Viper Hunter is not only oldschool, he is also old. @smilepunch@

HEY..HEY..HEY...

I resemble that comment! :P

I think you all know by now, that the hobby of collecting G.I.Joes goes FAR beyond some "completist" display piece for me, but something I've enjoyed for quite MOST of my life and still find them something fun to PLAY with. Maybe not quite as involved as a childs form of "play" but you've seen the customs and dios I play around with, and to me, that's part of the joy I get out of the toys.

For whatever reason, I'm enthralled with these little action figures and toys, and to have them MOC is of little interest to me (although I'm getting quite the MOC stockpile going thanks to my bud Outsiders) these toys need to be in ACTION, and I can't resist the desire to get them out and posed in a variety of action stances, guns in hands, backpacks loaded and ready for battle! :)

..and just to prove I must be "OLD", I just typed something totally irrevelant to the topic! @loll@ holy crap

I used to be on at the WizardWorld board a lot then made it over here late.

Skarapz do you ever leave the freakin computer? I mean look at your post count in the short amount of time? geesh chatter box! ;-)

lol yeah actually i leave it alot but when i have free time i watch tv, but i have my computer so i can watch tv and be on the internet, so there u go lol, and sometimes on tues and thurs between classes i can get on the internet , also during the summer, i had no school, so i did a lot of posting. lol #US1#

Skarapz do you ever leave the freakin computer? I mean look at your post count in the short amount of time? geesh chatter box! ;-)

lol yeah actually i leave it alot but when i have free time i watch tv, but i have my computer so i can watch tv and be on the internet, so there u go lol, and sometimes on tues and thurs between classes i can get on the internet , also during the summer, i had no school, so i did a lot of posting. lol #US1#

lol What's better than watching tv and surfing the net at the same time......oh wait some things are. ;)

Draven #US1#

lol What's better than watching tv and surfing the net at the same time......oh wait some things are. ;)

Draven #US1#

I always multi-task. And it's made alot easier since I have a 13" TV (that's connected to a PS2 and VCR) next to my computer monitor. :D

Draven #US1#

lol, thats for later ;)

Draven #US1#

lol, thats for later ;)

@loll@ Yeah I love you guys and all but "later" is better. ;)

Draven #US1#

lol, not to get off topic, i pm'd u draven lol @smilepunch@

so whats the list of oldskoolers

@loll@ Man you really want on this list don't you? Have you bribed the "old schoolers" yet? @smilepunch@

Draven #US1#

lol, not to get off topic, i pm'd u draven lol  @smilepunch@

so whats the list of oldskoolers

@loll@ Man you really want on this list don't you? Have you bribed the "old schoolers" yet? @smilepunch@

Draven #US1#

no, its not worth that much, I am happy here thats all that matters @firedevil@

well in a way that's kinda what happened. i hadn't bought any JVC for awhile and lately i just started collecting LOTR figures. i'm collecting that sh!t pretty hard right now, in a litttle over a month i've got over 30 figures atleast.

holy crap!

you got 30 figures already?

I love those too, but I only have 2 @lol@

I have Legolas in Rohan Armor, and the new Crossbow Uruk-Hai

I like more of them, but I don't want to dive all the way in on a new collection..

I wonder why they get so many more figures than Marvel Legends gets?? I mean each character gets a figure for every single outfit he might wear, and several different versios just for action features.. and then horse/rider combo packages.. two packs, sometimes 3 packs.. huge 20 inch tall Tree-Beards.. huge cave trolls.. higher quality than anything else they make..

I would love to see Toybiz have this much interest in Marvel Legends.. they should, afterall they kinda own Marvel. @grumpy@

@lol@ yeah man, i've invested alot of time and money in my new collection. that's how i'm usualy am when i start collecting something new, i dive hard into. not to mention thanks to ML i'm totaly adicted to articulation. most of them have a decent amount of it and the detail on some of them are just off the hook. so far i've got:

the helms deep box set

legolas with dashing sword

strider with dashing sword

gondorian ranger

gandalf the white

2x newborn lurtz

2x witch king ringwraith

ringwraith with sword slashing action

ringwrath and horse box set

saruman

orc over seer

aragorn with arrow launching

uruk-hai warrior

gollum with electronic rock base

berserker uruk-hai

grishnack

morra orc

ugulk

10" sauron

2x uruk-hai with real cross bow action

eoner

aragon (30 points articulation)

and like two hobbits and i don't care if i ever get the rest. Hobbits suck ballz and i don't care even if they are the star of the movies....they gets no play! @lol@

all in all not bad for a months worth of dedication. @wink@

but your right on them putting out so much of these figures out at once. i think it's because they are trying to milk the franchise why they can. since they are nameing each wave after each movie i'm guessing they'll be no more figures after this last movie. i wish it wasn't like that and they were bringing figures from the books instead of just the movies or perhaps even creating new characters.

The easiest way to keep me from taking part in a thread is to throw down something about LotR at the beginning of your post... Not that I dislike the movies or books or toys... It's just gibberish to me. I need to watch the movie in subtitles, for crying out loud.

Tom

The easiest way to keep me from taking part in a thread is to throw down something about LotR at the beginning of your post... Not that I dislike the movies or books or toys... It's just gibberish to me. I need to watch the movie in subtitles, for crying out loud.

Tom

@loll@ @coffee@

Draven #US1#

and like two hobbits and i don't care if i ever get the rest. Hobbits suck ballz and i don't care even if they are the star of the movies....they gets no play!

Thats the main reason why LOTR will eternaly be just "pretty cool" in my mind. Rudy and North are 2 of the main characters and I really don't like the figs that much. Too real and creepy lookin...... @poop#