Upcoming Hasbro Releases

Agent Adam

yeah offshoot is the repaint of energon signal flare.

he is greenish instead of blue.

there was a pic of him on transformers.com a while back.

dont know if its still up

I couldn't find anything about Offshoot on transformers.com when I looked.

Personally, I wish Hasbro would stick to one style of naming. Either save the new names for new toys and use the same name for repaints OR name ALL new toys (including repaints) with new names.

Treadbolt is just a repaint of Scavenger (or Offshoot a repaint of Signal Flare). They should have just called them Scavenger and Signal Flare respectively and saved the names Treadbolt and Offshoot for NEW toys.

Actually I prefer that they rename the repaints. At least then I feel like I am gaining another characters. Whereas with just a simple repaint, at least I feel like its a different toy...ala Bluestreak/Prowl/Smokscreen

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah offshoot is the repaint of energon signal flare.

he is greenish instead of blue.

there was a pic of him on transformers.com a while back.

dont know if its still up

I couldn't find anything about Offshoot on transformers.com when I looked.

Personally, I wish Hasbro would stick to one style of naming. Either save the new names for new toys and use the same name for repaints OR name ALL new toys (including repaints) with new names.

Treadbolt is just a repaint of Scavenger (or Offshoot a repaint of Signal Flare). They should have just called them Scavenger and Signal Flare respectively and saved the names Treadbolt and Offshoot for NEW toys.

Actually I prefer that they rename the repaints. At least then I feel like I am gaining another characters. Whereas with just a simple repaint, at least I feel like its a different toy...ala Bluestreak/Prowl/Smokscreen

Oh, I agree. I'd rather all new toys and all repaints get new names. But barring that, I'd hope Hasbro would pick one OR the other instead of this, rather random naming thing.

• 3 weeks later...

a question for you trnsfans, at work (TRU) while browsing through the transformers listing, I came across a new listing I haden't seen before and I was wondering if you guys could shed a little light on what it is. The listing syas "Op. Prime/ Meg 2 pak. it didn't set a price. Any body know what we are dealing with?

a question for you trnsfans, at work (TRU) while browsing through the transformers listing, I came across a new listing I haden't seen before and I was wondering if you guys could shed a little light on what it is. The listing syas "Op. Prime/ Meg 2 pak. it didn't set a price. Any body know what we are dealing with?

as far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed, but people have guessed that it's the energon supercon-sized prime and smaller megs that were released in Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

During my daily Wal-Mart stop yesterday, I noticed an empty part of the TF section that had a $42.XX Energon price sticker applied to the front of the shelf. Anyone have info on an E release at that price point? Is it the smaller Megs/STD Prime two-pack?

During my daily Wal-Mart stop yesterday, I noticed an empty part of the TF section that had a $42.XX Energon price sticker applied to the front of the shelf. Anyone have info on an E release at that price point? Is it the smaller Megs/STD Prime two-pack?

It may be a spot set aside for extra Unicrons. I think I remember my Walmart having ARmada Unicron at that price (and having the Energon shelf label).

I doubt it is the two pack since most of these expensive sets tend to be released around Christmas. (And normally Walmart doesn't go above MSRP on high priced items like the super pricepoint)

Adam you cover u.s. stuff only right? Any chance you can do japanese as well? Like reissuses & BTs/other transformes stuff

?

BTW adam! Just noticed the links in the list to pictures of some of the upcoming items! Thats great man! You should do that wiht everyy thing!

• 3 weeks later...

I could get behind that notion.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say Overbite is the blue Mutant Soundwave. Buzzclaw is probably that Fuzor Basic from BW

fuzors I'd love to see more of, specialy quick strike!

I'd actually like to see torca get repainted inot this line I'm surprised hehasn't allready!

He is a whale/eliphant or something... Looks wicked in both modes

Adam you cover u.s. stuff only right? Any chance you can do japanese as well? Like reissuses & BTs/other transformes stuff

?

BTW adam! Just noticed the links in the list to pictures of some of the upcoming items! Thats great man! You should do that wiht everyy thing!

I have Robotmasters in there somewhere.

I'm trying to add links during major updates.

Rumored figures, unknown which series they fit in: Wideload, Windrazor, Superion Maximus, Sledge, Sea Spray, Ricochet, Duststorm, Barricade, Optimus/Megatron 2pk, Energon Kicker, Steamhammer, "Powerlinx Battles", ?WingSaber?

Ricochet is the TRU version of Stepper (G1 reissue)

Energon Kicker is the kid from Energon (Energon)

Wingsaber is the Starsaber homage who combines with Energon Prime (Energon)

Superion Maximus is probably Sentinal Maximus, the OTFCC repaint of Overload

I'm sure you knew most of that already, and this post was partly a sarcastic way of saying "get your ass in gear" @smilepunch@

• 4 weeks later...