-General Crix Madine

-Han Solo as AT-ST Driver

TRU Exclusive Jedi Council Screen Scene

Set 1: Qui-Gon Jinn (w/ center piece), Ki-Adi Mundi, Yoda

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a really quick scene in ROTJ; you see Han (w/ AT-ST driver helmet and comlink) on an Imperial viewscreen.

Han: "It's over, Commander. The Rebels have been routed. They're fleeing into the woods. We need reinforcements to continue the persuit"

Lame? maybe; but, I see it as a chance to make up for the Saga version (w/ the action feature :( )

I see it as a chance to make up for the Saga version (w/ the action feature :(  )

or, make another 'never thought they'd make that' version of Han?

I was checking out the original source (SSG); and apparently, there's a prototype pic of the Han (not posted - due to copyright issues)

From SSG's forums:

Posted by Battle Droid:

The Han looks to be the Imperial Officer figure outfit, painted to look like an AT-ST driver's outfit, with a Han head (can't tell if it's new head or not) and a removable helmet.

I haven't watched that scene lately; but, somebody says he has the gloves and collar, so I guess it's aacurate. Han must be a quick change artist though.

EDIT:

Here is a screencap somebody posted on the Rebelscum boards. [*link doesn't work]

From SSG's forums:

Posted by Battle Droid:

The Han looks to be the Imperial Officer figure outfit, painted to look like an AT-ST driver's outfit, with a Han head (can't tell if it's new head or not) and a removable helmet.

I haven't watched that scene lately; but, somebody says he has the gloves and collar, so I guess it's accurate. Han must be a quick change artist though.

From Galactic Hunter:

Han Solo in AT-ST Driver Disguise

Thanks to the latest issue of the Star Wars Insider (#73), we have a few confimations...

From Galactic Hunter:

-In the Insider's Toy Box Column, Hasbro adds some images of the new Han AT-ST Driver, Red Leader X-Wing, and the Target Star Wars Glasses with figure (pictured is the Obi-Wan Kenobi set).

-The Battle of Endor Wave is confirmed as Wave 6 for 2004, with Han Solo as an AT-ST Driver, General Madine, and General Lando Calrissian.

Most major retailers will carry both Basic and Ultra assortments for 2004.

-Target will be offering action figures packed with plastic reproductions of the classic Burger King glasses from the Original Trilogy. There will be 5 glasses altogether representing all 5 movies (sans EP3 of course). These will be availble in March.

-Toys R Us looks to be the retailer of choice for Star Wars vehicles next year, beginning with the Red Leader X-Wing Fighter (the photo shows a reissued/repainted FX X-Wing with a pilot and an empty slot for an astromech droid. Perhaps an individually packaged R5 unit is planned for the future?)

-As reported by Swami, a series of Jedi Council Scene Packs is scheduled in '04 for Toys R' Us. Fans can now recreate the entire Council Scene, including the center portion.Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Ki-Adi Mundi comprise the first set.

-The "Skirmish At Carkoon" report has also been confirmed.

Great news Bespin Refugee...thanks.

Although the new Endor Han looks like a crap figure, the news of new Madine and General Lando figures definitely make up for it!!!!!

I've been able to purchase every single SW Saga figure out so far for the 2004 line-up. Out of the 6 figures I have, three are great (Rieekan, Wampa, R-3PO), one is O.K. (Ultra C-3PO), one is borderline (Hoth Luke) and one plain right sucks (Hoth Soldier). IMHO, the year is off to a good start...I hope Hasbro keeps it up!!!

I'm all for these new additions. There are some POTF2 figures from the lists above that have always bugged me, such as the Nein Numb and General Lando among others. Cool. But there are still some figures they've not done yet I wanna see:

-Ben Kenobi (like the original POTF2 version, but with a new, more detailed sculpt)

-Anakin Skywalker (Jedi robes-E2; like the Naboo Obi-Wan from the E1 line)

-Obi-Wan (again like the Naboo Qui-Gon, in his Jedi robes in a casual stance)

-Biggs Darklighter (in his Academy uniform from the ANH cut scene)

-Bib Fortuna (new sculpt)

-Han Solo (carbonite)

-Gammorean Guard (new sculpt)

...I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting. And I can't wait to see what the upcoming "classic-style" figures are gonna be! I'd be happy to see the POTJ/Saga figures repackaged in classic-styled packages.

While I haven't heard anything about those, I'd definately welcome them. :)

ANH Obi-Wan (cloaked , no hood) : I can't do much with either of the versions I have. @grumpy@ The first one is such a POTF2 'relic'; and while the Cinemascene version is slightly better, that upturned hand makes it pretty useless imo. (what were they thinking?!?) I can't help but think how cool an Ultra "Obi-Wan w/ tractor beam console" would be :D

AOTC Anakin (w/ cloak) :With all the versions they produced, how was there only one w/ a cloak? ( the Swoop?!?) I was looking forward to the "Secret Ceremony" version (just for the cloak) and then it doesn't even appear to 'fit' right.

AOTC Obi-Wan (w/ robe) : [see above]

Biggs Darklighter ["Academy" ANH cut scenes] :If the pilot figure had at least had a removeable helmet, we'd be one step closer.

Bib Fortuna: I have seen Bib and the Gammorean Guard on some early lists; but, nothing 'concrete' yet. Bib, like Obi-Wan, could use a Saga makeover; especially with the ROTJ-ish Jabba (and themed wave) on the way.

Gamorrean Guard: Overall, I think the POTF2 version is one of the better ones; but, like Boosk, I see how it could be improved.

Han Solo [in Carbonite] :Obviouly, thje first one suffer from the POTF 'buff-ness'; and I'd be interested in seeing if we could get a 'Real Scan" Carbonite. ^_^ .I've also thought about a "F-X" light-up Carbonite ;)

Maybe Hasbro will sneak some of these in this year. :)

Yes dude. I agree totally. And see, I love the POTJ Ben Kenobi sculpt. So all they'd have to do to make me happy is sculpt a cloak around the POTJ mold, and voila; you've got a new cloaked, unhooded Obi-Wan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rebelscum has a list of more potential 2004 product:

Basic Figures 4-pack Assortment

3-3/4" Naboo Final Conflict (June 2004)

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene Packs

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene I Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Adi Mundi (March 2004)

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene II Obi Wan, Plo Koon, Eath Koth(?) (May 2004)

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene III Shaak Ti, Coleman Trebor(?), Stass Alle(?) (July 2004)

3-3/4" Jedi Council Scene IV Anakin, Saesee Tiin, Adi Galia (September 2004)

3-3/4" Convention / Toy Fair Figure (July 2004)

Classic Vehicle Assortment

3-3/4" Y Wing (August 2004)

3-3/4" Tie Fighter w/New Wings & Pilot (July 2004)

3-3/4" Sandcrawler (June 2004)

3-3/4" ESB Slave I with Boba Fett (July 2004)

it appears to be (TRU?) exclusives. I like what I see, but, 3 Tie-Fighters in one year seems questionable (KB exclu, OTC, this one?).

Oh good.....they are releaseing the Y-wing again. That thing is a pain in the ass to find for a reasonable price. Really happy to see that the X-Wing with Red Leader is the Toys R Us X-Wing. I never got a chance to pick that up, but it a lot better then the Vintage one by the looks of it. Also gald to hear about the better in scale Tie Fighter....and the Sandcrawler (Although I wish we could see some pics of it.) anyone know how big it's gonna be?

Now all we need is a all new mold for the Falcon and I'll really be ready to jump back into collecting these things again.

...and the Sandcrawler (Although I wish we could see some pics of it.) anyone know how big it's gonna be?

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-toys/figure...andcrawler.html

I predict this is what you'll see, w/ a more detailed paint deco and some slight 'retooling' (to remove the R/C electronics). Obviously, the scale is way off; but, I don't see it getting any better because it would be too cost prohibitive (hence, the lack of any new vehicles or playsets)

As for R5-D4, I'd also like to see a new one. Wasn't there a "Star Tours" droid almost identical to R5 w/ a slightly different paint job? I'm surprised they haven't just recarded that.

Edit: ok, here are some pics of the Star Tours figure.

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/g...categoryid=3060

A new astromech body/legs would correct most of the problems; but, based on these pictures, a new head sculpt needs to be made.

• 2 weeks later...

Galactic Hunter's Swami has had another vision...

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/t...d=2441&zoneid=2

While none of it is 'set in stone', they do seem to have a good track record. ;)

I'm not sure if I like all the 'pack-ins'; but, I've been hoping for a second chance on a few of these (Endor Bunker :))

The Galactic Hunter pics of the Cloud Car pilot, Bespin Leia and Lobot have me drooling. Hopefully they get around to releasing a Cloud Car.

Galactic Hunter's Swami's latest prediction includes an OTC Cantina Aliens 3 pack which would feature the figures from the ill-fated 2nd asst of Wal-mart's Cantina sets; Yakface.com has a mock-up of this set (see #1 -Please, no direct linking/posting :))

• 1 month later...

Galactic hunter's swami returns...

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/t...d=2716&zoneid=2

If the prediction holds true, we shoulds see new figure(s? or rereleases?) from ESB and ROTJ. Waiting for confirmation from Hasbro...<_>