Pics For Cobra Commander.

Inuyasha

Does anybody have a picture of Cobra Commander without his mask on?I was told it's in the movie,but i haven't seen it.

faddd5b1.jpg

@loll@ Godamn it people,stop making me laugh so hard.I have a problem with laughing and I'm afraid one day It might kill me.Really,I'm serious.But.... @loll@ @loll@ @stop@

Im looking at my original HOF CC now.  There is NO scar anywhere on his visible face. You may be thinking of Firefly. The HOF CC has slicked back black hair and one eyebrow raised and a veil covering half of his face. He also has blue eyes. This head was reproduced in 3 3/4" form for the Star Brigade CC.

The 91 CC had a clear red faceplate you could pry off which exposed his whole face. He looked to be in his mid-50's. He looked sort of like William H Macy.

The comic showed a sihlouette of him obscured his face when he removed his mask to brainwash Zartan, Destro and Baroness. So even though the mustache and shades seen earlier was fake, he still probably had the longish brown hair. Theres no reason why he'd walk around all the time with a wig on underneath a hood or helmet constantly. One issue even implied the standard Crimson Guard "Fred" face was patterned after CC's.

As for the cartoon, he had distinctly anglo skin and human eyes, we even got a brief shot when he was putting on his hood that he was bald and had NO multiple eyes. So the Movie cant really take place in the cartoon continuity as he was undeniably human.

I thought it was agreed that the Movie had nothing to do with the cartoon?

I know I pretty much ignored it, although that had a lot more to do with my hatred of Cobra La.

delete1.jpg

Alright here is the Commander as he appeared in issue #59 of the comic. Some say that the mustach and hair are only a disguise but I disagree. He put on his disguise (hat and sunglasses) months before his appearence here. Why and how he still has the fake mustach and hair on at this point would be beyond me.

*The man standing behind the Commander is Fred VIII who would go on to become the second Cobra Commander.

I also feel the next image from issue #145 goes to show that the hair at least was indeed real.

delete2.jpg

Here is a closer look of the Funskool Commander unmasked.

cc_face.jpg

Cobra Commander's speech impediment was stronger in the first couple miniseries. Done more to associate him with Cobra's Snake motif. I dont think there was any deeper symbolism intended when they started producing the cartoons. (To be honest I found Destro's psuedo Jamaican accent coming from a SCOTTISH guy more puzzling, but thats neither here nor there)

Then when the regular series started up.

I dunno about that being scarring around his eyes. I just figured he was in his late 40's to early fifties.

The scarring was surely in a Devil's Due comic, so it may not apply to the original comic series. And, of course, different artists will draw it different ways.

Brian

Oh, THEM. Well that explains a lot. Though with Billy in his early twenties, Im still certain CC would be somewhere in his 50's. But then we're getting into the nebulous Joe age thing and thats better left untouched