Pics For Cobra Commander.

Inuyasha

Well, it depends on your take on the continuity whether or not he looks like he does in the Movie. See, the Movie introduced a kind of strange origin for CC, that he was from a place called Cobra-La. He originally had bluish-gray skin and yellow eyes. He was mutated ans had several eyes and other deformities on his face. He started wearing a mask and was sent out to conquer Earth. He was then turned into a snake. Afterward in the cartoon series, he was turned back into a man, although this time he had a gold snake like face with only two eyes. These are the only times this was ever shown to us in the shows.

In the comic continuiyt, Cobra Commander is just a human with a serious lisp. His face is known to be all scarred up, but I don't think they've ever shown it. I'm thinking that, like Dr. Doom, the scarring isn't that bad, and it's his own vanity that forces him to wear the mask.

Oh, and sorry I don't have any pcitures.

I wasn't aware he has a lisp or scarring in the comics... I just figured that it's impossible to capture a guy when you have no clue who he is, or even what he looks like... He can shed his suit and catch a Greyhound to a secret base while the Joes are busy ransacking the base they think he's at... he could walk right past them and they'll never know.

A few times, he was without his mask or hood, but he wore fake mustaches, beards, anf noses, as well wigs, sunglasses, and the like, to conceal himself. The only ones who have seen his true face are either dead, or have it buried so far in thier subconscious that it is never coming out.

He's the ultimate enigma, a faceless power that can crush nations. Hair, eyes, ethnicity... everything about him can be easily thrown into doubt- especially when you consider the master plastic surgeons Cobra has had working for them since the early 80's (remember the Fred series?).

In the comic continuiyt, Cobra Commander is just a human with a serious lisp. His face is known to be all scarred up, but I don't think they've ever shown it. I'm thinking that, like Dr. Doom, the scarring isn't that bad, and it's his own vanity that forces him to wear the mask.

Oh, and sorry I don't have any pcitures.

I might be wrong since I don't have the entire Marvel run...but I believe that Cobra Commander's face is not scarred up at all.He just wears the masks to disguise himself from the US government (and probably countless other reasons as well)...because,believe it or not,Cobra Commander is still a US citizen.There have been several issues where he had taken off his mask and disguised himself (he wore one of those weird 'artist' caps,and a long black haired wig with a black goatee and sunglasses) and even used his driver's license once.

But you may be right and his face is a little scarred...if so can you tell me from which issue that has been pointed out?

Well,i did see part of the Movie.Part 5 to be more descriptive.I know he was a Komodo Dragon(or looked like one) being carried by a GI Joe through snow.That's all i remember since it was late at night.Well...just try to get some pics of him.

The Commander's face is not scarred.

actually i dont remember if it was in he comics or in the cartoon...but there was a scene where cobra commander was eating. Destro enters the room, and says, Cobra Commander, put your hood on...CC then says it takes a real stomach to watch me eat...

anyone else remember this?

The Commander's face is not scarred.

actually i dont remember if it was in he comics or in the cartoon...but there was a scene where cobra commander was eating. Destro enters the room, and says, Cobra Commander, put your hood on...CC then says it takes a real stomach to watch me eat...

Maybe Cobra Commander chews with his mouth open? Or he was eating Buffalo Wings? @hmmm@

It was in the Mass Device movie. But for some reason, I paid attention to the comic continuity. It just seemed more realistic.

It was in the Mass Device movie. But for some reason, I paid attention to the comic continuity. It just seemed more realistic.

any organization that is ran by a guy who dresses like a snake, and has a partner in a steel mask...not much reality there

Im looking at my original HOF CC now. There is NO scar anywhere on his visible face. You may be thinking of Firefly. The HOF CC has slicked back black hair and one eyebrow raised and a veil covering half of his face. He also has blue eyes. This head was reproduced in 3 3/4" form for the Star Brigade CC.

The 91 CC had a clear red faceplate you could pry off which exposed his whole face. He looked to be in his mid-50's. He looked sort of like William H Macy.

The comic showed a sihlouette of him obscured his face when he removed his mask to brainwash Zartan, Destro and Baroness. So even though the mustache and shades seen earlier was fake, he still probably had the longish brown hair. Theres no reason why he'd walk around all the time with a wig on underneath a hood or helmet constantly. One issue even implied the standard Crimson Guard "Fred" face was patterned after CC's.

As for the cartoon, he had distinctly anglo skin and human eyes, we even got a brief shot when he was putting on his hood that he was bald and had NO multiple eyes. So the Movie cant really take place in the cartoon continuity as he was undeniably human.

Does anybody have a picture of Cobra Commander without his mask on?I was told it's in the movie,but i haven't seen it.

faddd5b1.jpg

Im looking at my original HOF CC now. There is NO scar anywhere on his visible face. You may be thinking of Firefly. The HOF CC has slicked back black hair and one eyebrow raised and a veil covering half of his face. He also has blue eyes. This head was reproduced in 3 3/4" form for the Star Brigade CC.

The 91 CC had a clear red faceplate you could pry off which exposed his whole face. He looked to be in his mid-50's. He looked sort of like William H Macy.

The comic showed a sihlouette of him obscured his face when he removed his mask to brainwash Zartan, Destro and Baroness. So even though the mustache and shades seen earlier was fake, he still probably had the longish brown hair. Theres no reason why he'd walk around all the time with a wig on underneath a hood or helmet constantly. One issue even implied the standard Crimson Guard "Fred" face was patterned after CC's.

As for the cartoon, he had distinctly anglo skin and human eyes, we even got a brief shot when he was putting on his hood that he was bald and had NO multiple eyes. So the Movie cant really take place in the cartoon continuity as he was undeniably human.

I thought it was agreed that the Movie had nothing to do with the cartoon?

There was an issue in the comics where his face was revealed. He's got a black mustache and goatee and long black hair that was in a ponytail and was wearing sunglasses. No visible scarring. It can be seen in the same issue where Fred VII shoots him which is issue 61.

That's the picture they run from time to time in Wizard. They say he looks like John Lennon. Then there was the issue where he was having the bullet taken out of him. From the angle of the drawing,he kinda looks like a "Fred".

Like it or not, G.I. Joe the movie is part of the Sunbow cartoons and it is the only time we've ever seen his face, so it is reasonable to go by this.

I'm not an expert in the comics, but I can remember where artists have done closeups on his face and we'd see a little scarring around his eyes. Like I said, I always assumed it wasn't that bad and he was overly sensitive about it. The lisp accounts for his speech impediment (he's got one HELL of a syballant S), but that could just be heresay.

To Inuyasha, the only place to see pics is on the Movie, but most of us don't accept that continuity. The Hall of Fame figure is also good, but if I recall he still has his mouth covered. I guess the best answer would be that no one knows for sure.

Cobra Commander's speech impediment was stronger in the first couple miniseries. Done more to associate him with Cobra's Snake motif. I dont think there was any deeper symbolism intended when they started producing the cartoons. (To be honest I found Destro's psuedo Jamaican accent coming from a SCOTTISH guy more puzzling, but thats neither here nor there)

Then when the regular series started up.

I dunno about that being scarring around his eyes. I just figured he was in his late 40's to early fifties.

Cobra Commander's speech impediment was stronger in the first couple miniseries. Done more to associate him with Cobra's Snake motif. I dont think there was any deeper symbolism intended when they started producing the cartoons. (To be honest I found Destro's psuedo Jamaican accent coming from a SCOTTISH guy more puzzling, but thats neither here nor there)

Then when the regular series started up.

I dunno about that being scarring around his eyes. I just figured he was in his late 40's to early fifties.

The scarring was surely in a Devil's Due comic, so it may not apply to the original comic series. And, of course, different artists will draw it different ways.

Brian